Okami a force at 170 & Nakai at 125

Again...

They pay their fighters per fight. They could literally have 10,000 fighters on the fucking roster. How does it cost them money ???

I don't like to trash 2009's... But that's a shit post if I've ever seen one.

tumblr_m5t7b6J2lB1rvjt2vo1_500.gif

Ahem...sarcasm. Look at the post the guy I quoted replied to. There's no reason Okami shouldn't be on the roster, if not just to test guys or for matchmaking purposes.

Askren should have a shot in the UFC also but MMA isn't about pure sport, so...

At least as a very tough test in relevant fights, yeah. Just look at Lorenz Larkin, who is also dropping from 185, where he wasnt the force Okami was there. Larkin is facing Neil Magny who is a top ten guy now. That's a pretty relevant fight, in the main card of a PPV
Has Larkin more talent on him than Okami?

Magny should've got a better fight, and right now, and I'd put Okami/Larkin at 50/50.

What has to do losing a tittle fight with Silva in his prime at MW with being a force at WW? Anyways the thread doenst ask if Okami can be a champion in UFC. I think pretty much everyone agree that he wont.

By being a force, I mean to being able challenge the top guys in UFC and give them a good fight. I think he can, against many of the guys in UFC ranks right now at 170.

It's about how bad he looked in that fight really.

You never know at a new weight class he might have a resurgence. But this late in his career i don't think he will be a force, as in beat any of the elite guys.

Im looking forward to it. She still has bulk on her to cut, look at those legs lol. A fairly skinny Nakai would be interesting to see.

Yeah, but unless I missed something. She was released from the UFC. Has she re-signed ?

We aren't going to see it. Maybe when they bring in FLW to the UFC ???

So....? You were using Larkin as the bottom of the totem pole in the WW division, if he's as good as you're saying that's hardly a compliment on Okami.

If I'm basing this on who I wanna see lose fights, I'd rather see young guys who would get better with a loss than a washed up 185er who would get a pink slip with a loss.

It's about how bad he looked in that fight really.

You never know at a new weight class he might have a resurgence. But this late in his career i don't think he will be a force, as in beat any of the elite guys.

He looked bad. Still he landed more punches and had more control in one round than Maia in 5, who is now a force at WW.

I just dont think Silva in his prime at MW serves as a reference for much.

Okami might have a resurgence at 170, he has the tools to be top ten in my opinion, but I think he would still fall short against the very best in the division

Last edited:
Ahem...sarcasm. Look at the post the guy I quoted replied to. There's no reason Okami shouldn't be on the roster, if not just to test guys or for matchmaking purposes.

Askren should have a shot in the UFC also but MMA isn't about pure sport, so...

So now you expect me to read every fucking post ?

It's all good, though.

I guess that's on me.

So....? You were using Larkin as the bottom of the totem pole in the WW division, if he's as good as you're saying that's hardly a compliment on Okami.

If I'm basing this on who I wanna see lose fights, I'd rather see young guys who would get better with a loss than a washed up 185er who would get a pink slip with a loss.

I used Larkin just as an example, as he is also droping from 185 and getting top ten opponents at 170.
Rick Story is sheduled to fight Cerrone, just another example. The winner of that fight will likely get a top ten spot, so pretty much become a force in the division.. Well I think Okami could beat both guys in a given night, and its not like they are "young guys" neither.

Anyways, we just dont agree in the sense that you prefer to see a young, rather unproven, guy tested against a top ten guy. Not me. I like to see a guy as Gastelum, Magny or Gunnar tested against a proven, well rounded vet as Okami. I would like that kind of test for them, even rather than against another young talent, but that just my opinion

Okami can still compete with the top 11-20 guys. Once he's facing ranked guys, honestly, the sport has passed him by.

I used Larkin just as an example, as he is also droping from 185 and getting top ten opponents at 170.
Rick Story is sheduled to fight Cerrone, just another example. The winner fo that fight will likely get a top ten spot, so pretty much become a force in the division.. Well I think Okami could beat both guys in a given night, and its not like they are "young guys" neither.

Anyways, we just dont agree in the sense that you prefer to see a young, rather unproven, guy tested against a top ten guy. Not me. I like to see a guy as Gastelum, Magny or Gunnar tested against a proven, well rounded vet as Okami. I would like that kind of test for them, even rather than against another young talent, but that just my opinion

There's already enough proven vets at 170, that's the point. I'd rather see those guys tested against the top ten to learn how they'd fair against the top ten.

YAWN

Unless it's old man SAKURABA, or the son of SAKURABA, do not give a shit about jmma.

They should never have let Okami go to begin with.

There's already enough proven vets at 170, that's the point. I'd rather see those guys tested against the top ten to learn how they'd fair against the top ten.

There's already enough proven vets at 170? Maybe. Then again, is Okami in that league, or not anymore? Thats the matter of the thread.

I mean is not an Okami warwagon thread, if you would like Okami in UFC or not is not the matter, but if people think he could be a solid test for the top ten guys in UFC at 170. I think, given his skill set and physicality, he can, but there is room for discussion.

Yeah, but unless I missed something. She was released from the UFC. Has she re-signed ?

We aren't going to see it. Maybe when they bring in FLW to the UFC ???

UFC could bring her back. It happens many times with UFC. If Nakai can succesfully make 115, there isnt much depth in that division She could be a force in there.
Also, she has that weirdness on her appearance that makes sherdoggers start more threads about her than about any other japanese fighter lol

Okami is still there, unless he gets KOd a couple more times......Like Rank #8-20 can challenge any of those guys .

Him vs Murayama will be interested if/when it happens and if Okami becomes Champ, he will prob remain so in Pancrase. Okami makes very little moves, great balance, gives no kazushi, makes very very few mistakes so it is difficult to beat him, and this will perhaps nullify Mura's judo throws, allowing Okami's crisp left straight to land, especially in the first round as Murayama starts VERY slow.

Rin I like at 125, and one day 115 perhaps even better. If UFC starts 125 officially I could see her go back, but she better friggin get with a real striking coach, went from like bad to worse. The grappling, and the nastyGnP from back in the last 10 seconds were great though.

Rin looks great to these wolf eyes too!

Okami is still there, unless he gets KOd a couple more times......Like Rank #8-20 can challenge any of those guys .

Him vs Murayama will be interested if/when it happens and if Okami becomes Champ, he will prob remain so in Pancrase. Okami makes very little moves, great balance, gives no kazushi, makes very very few mistakes so it is difficult to beat him, and this will perhaps nullify Mura's judo throws, allowing Okami's crisp left straight to land, especially in the first round as Murayama starts VERY slow.

Rin I like at 125, and one day 115 perhaps even better. If UFC starts 125 officially I could see her go back, but she better friggin get with a real striking coach, went from like bad to worse. The grappling, and the nastyGnP from back in the last 10 seconds were great though.

Rin looks great to these wolf eyes too!

Interesting insight on Okami. Did you sparr with him, right? What you mean by "gives no kazushi"?

Okami is not fighting for the Pancrase tittle. he still pretend to cut it in America and is under WSOF contract, is expected to fight a top guy there as Bradley or Howard; eventually Okami vs Shields is world class. A great test to see if any of them can still challenge the top welter in Ufc

Last edited:
Not a legit tittle contender in the UFC anymore, but definitely can challenge many ranked guys there

Okami can still compete with the top 11-20 guys. Once he's facing ranked guys, honestly, the sport has passed him by.

Jake Ellenberger, coming from 5 losses in 6 fights, has just beat a top ten ranked. Larkin is facing Magny and definitely has a chance. Cerrone and Story are fighting for a top ten spot

Ranked guys in UFC arent as untouchable as some people make them out to be. Maybe not top 5, but a good number of guys out of UFC may break the top ten.

Back