Okami a force at 170 & Nakai at 125

pankrat

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Both finished their opponents in a great Pancrase event this weekend in UFC fightpass. This will attract eyes to JMMA, where the lighter weights are really legit. Nice move by UFC.

Rin Nakai is still in the process to cut to 115, she is still at 125 but she will get there. Could she become the Japanese Claudia Gadelha? I think Miesha Tate would dominate Gadelha even worse than she did Nakai.

(125)
33ze2v6.jpg

(135)
dmy74m.jpg

Yushin Okami's perfomance was brilliant. Against who was the former Pancrase champ just a months ago.
He stunned a good puncher in the feet, and finished the job in 1st round by rear naked choke following a nice judo trip to mount. Let his opponent unconscious.

It seems Okami has figured out how to cut to 170 with perfect conditioning. With his huge frame, enormous prowess in the clinch, and all-around solid skills, he could still challenge the top guys at WW in UFC.

Last edited:
Lol, so is Nakai a man or a woman?!

If you mean Rin Nakai, then hell no.

Okami could be a force at 170 as long as he doesn't fight anyone really good.

I would have loved to see Rin move down. But she has that ... idk... image...gimmick... facade, that alot of people dig. And it seems to make her money. So... whatever.

No bashing intended but she just looks very strange, and unappealing to me.

She'd have to lose the muscles to move down. But she is way too small for BW.

Not sure Nakai can make 115, but if she does I still believe she would lose to JJ and Claudia without undue strain on their part.

Okami could be a force at 170 as long as he doesn't fight anyone really good.

Define really good.
If you mean that Okami isn't champion material in UFC, I agree.
But I consider DHK, Story, Brown, Magny, Saffiedine or Cerrone to be really good, and are actually in UFC ranks. I think Okami can beat these guys in a good night.

Define really good.
If you mean that Okami isn't champion marerial in UFC, I agree.
But I consider DHK, Story, Brown, Magny, Saffiedine or Cerrone to be really good, and are actually in UFC ranks. I think Okami can beat these guys in a good night.

Maybe Saffiedine. Or Cerrone by just being alot bigger.

The rest I highly doubt. But who knows.

Define really good.
DHK vs Okami would be very interesting once it hits the mat. They train together often, as well.

I had some hopes for Okami at 170 lbs but getting Fitched by the modern Jon Fitch is not the best of signs.
Lets see if he can continue to bounce back.
Nakai was undersized but wasn't outclassed by Miesha at all. At 115 she belongs.

Both finished their opponents in a great Pancrase event this weekend in UFC fightpass. This will attract eyes to JMMA, where the lighter weight are really legit. Nice move by UFC.

Rin Nakai is still in the process to cut to 115, she is still at 125 but she will get there. Could he become the Japanese Claudia Gadelha? I think Miesha Tate would dominate Gadelha even worse than she did Nakai.

Yushin Okami's perfomance was brilliant. Against who was the former Pancrase champ just a months ago.
He stunned a good puncher in the feet, and finished the job in 1st round by rear naked choke following a nice judo trip to mount. Let his opponent unconscious.

It seems Okami has figured out how to cut to 170 with perfect conditioning. With his huge frame, enormous prowess in the clinch, and all-around solid skills, he could still challenge the top guys at WW in UFC.

this thread delivers.....confusion. I love how you point out Tate would dominate Gadelha for some reason

I'd love to see Okami back. His best days are behind him for sure, but he's a beast and given his size and strength, he'll still be a nightmare for anyone at welterweight to deal with.

Rin Nakai is terrible. I don't wanna see her box air and smother at any weight.

WW is a shark tank that's dangerous for sharks right now. Okami wouldn't sniff the top 5, so I don't see the point.

Define really good.

I don't consider them really good. I think Okami can beat those.

I think Okami is on the back side of his career, his WSOF fights at 170 weren't good.

Nakai would be better suited to 115. She looked better at 125 but still has some unnecessary bulk IMO. She used to look like a tiny Hulk.

Okami is so underrated on Sherdog. The curse of not being flashy or a KO artist.

Both finished their opponents in a great Pancrase event this weekend in UFC fightpass. This will attract eyes to JMMA, where the lighter weight are really legit. Nice move by UFC.

Rin Nakai is still in the process to cut to 115, she is still at 125 but she will get there. Could he become the Japanese Claudia Gadelha? I think Miesha Tate would dominate Gadelha even worse than she did Nakai.

(125)
33ze2v6.jpg

(135)
dmy74m.jpg

I wonder if chael and youshin keep in touch

A force at 170? Become the Japanese Gadelha?

Jesus Christ, you JMMA fans are fucking out there.

Back