Ok time to talk Gus v Johnson

The "initial storm" that people refer to when talking about Rumble, isn't really a thing. If he hurts you, then he'll "storm" for a finish. He just happens to hurt and finish people early in fights.

It's not like he rushes at his opponents like James Thompson.

Welp, guess there's no need to watch then

I keep wondering why people bring that up, or think he is gonna gas. Gas tank hasnt been an issue that I can remember, and he doesnt blitz people. he gets agressive when guys are hurt, but he doesnt start out swinging wildly.

I'm just hoping for a good fight. Neither guy will be knocked far down the ladder with a loss and the winner has def. earned their title shot and will be riding big momentum.

The most likely way that Gus wins is by UD. Rumble has a very good chin and Gus doesn't have very much Power so Gus finishing Rumble is very unlikely. Rumble ate bombs from Arlovsky and it didn't phase him and Gus doesn't have anywhere near that kind of power. I think Rumble could win by KO,TKO or UD if he conserves his energy well and he could as his cardio is looking a lot better at LHW.

No but him stuffing every single Phil Davis takedown and completely outclassing him should.

and Lil Nog is washed up but not everyone can ice him the way Rumble did. He can still give some top 10ers a tough fight.

This, Davis beat Lyoto, Gus and Glover...Rumble knocked out lil nog who beat Rashad and gave Bader a hell of a fight and stopped Tito

Gus ive got by 2nd Round Submission, but i could easily see rumble going out and running through Gus

As a fan of both, I'm just hoping for a great fight.

Gus will light him up and outbox him, Rumble will be eating uppercuts and knees.. sucks how they'll kill off a contender this way

I'm getting more and more confident that Gus will take this, i hear that Johnson doesn't react well to being punched, and if Gus can stay away from his power (which is Gus's strengths with the footwork) i see him finding an opening on Johnson a couple of rounds in. TKO

Gus will light him up and outbox him, Rumble will be eating uppercuts and knees.. sucks how they'll kill off a contender this way

Whoever loses will only really need one solid win to get a title shot anyway.

I agree, this fight hasn't had the attention it deserves around here. So excited for this fight. The whole card is legit.

It's an intriguing match up. If Rumble can come in the cardio he had in the Davis fight I can see this fight going the distance but smart money is on Gus.

I want Rumble to win. Wouldn't be surprised to see Gustafsson win the fight.

Back