OK so obviously, age took Anderson's speed...but where is the technique?

he isn't fighting overrated fighters

Anderson has a few solid wins
the rest are laughable and shows how weak the ufc mw division was

You're implying that Hall is superior to Sonnen or Franklin or Henderson. That's a good laugh.

Reactions: HHJ
never used to see him throw that loopy roy nelsonesque haymaker.

By your reasoning, most highly respected professors, authors, physicians, and so forth would be closer to 20 than 50. I suppose. Though, that one is inclined to draw from their own life experience, and it's pretty clear that you, in any event, are becoming more of an idiot by the year, so in that context your answer is fairly understandable.
If you look at stuff that requires brain power like math and physics, it was done in their 20s, sometimes their 30s. 40s+ they're just living on their reputations. But no one literally KOs you out of the field in math or physics when you're 35-40, so they just shit there for a few decades until they retire.

You mean that technique was trash among the elite in the sport 10 years ago? It has improved but definitely not as much as you think, specially in heavier weightclasses

Hall or Shoeface would not make those guys you mention look that terrible
It’s all on a scale, all relative. I’m just saying Anderson’s technique hasn’t changed much, it’s his speed and timing that slipped if anything.

For the record, I do think Hall would own those guys unless they could take him down.

That's what they'll say about everyone when their time is up.

Jones? oh he fought over-the-hill fighters like Machida, Shogun, Chael, Belfort, Rampage, Bonner, Rashad, Hamil. Sure, he has a few good wins I guess.

Stipe? wow Mark Hunt...big feather in his cap. DC? couldn't even win a title with the smaller LHW fighters. Overeem? the Pride guy from 2005? Lost to Struve!?!

Add Khabib to the list, he just fought a guy that has zero grappling skills in 2020 MMA. He only has a name because Connor promoted himself so well. If it wasn't for McGregor putting a spotlight on those guys, no one would even know who the lightweight wrestler is.
No argument here. This is already happening.

I'm no expert but in the past 5+ fights I felt weariness in Anderson Silva.
Like he lost the belief in himself and dominant attitude. I feel that this first loss to Weidman changed him mentally. Put a :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: in his armor. Psychology is everything to an athlete, and I think that Anderson Silva was never the same in his attitude towards other fighters and vice versa. In fact Weidman was the first fighter who had the skillset and attitude not to be scared of Anderson, its why he beat him IMO.

Anderson Silva is very similar to Jon Jones. If Jon Jones suffers a major loss, I doubt he'll ever be the same again, again due to the psychological factor.

Something tells med Anderson kind of threw the fight. He had a beef with Dana and wanted a more worthy opponent for his last fight, he got Hall and felt dissed and didn’t even try.
who throws a fight by getting knocked the fuck out?! stupid

Reactions: HHJ
What do you mean with that? Not the most "legitimate"? What thats supposed to mean

His background, his career in a striking-only sport which is almost nonexistent. He doesn't have those going for him unlike say Izzy's kickboxing background.

Anderson hasn't finished anyone since Stephan Bonnar in 2012. Weidman wasn't afraid of him and took the strap because of it. Everyone else has followed suite. It's okay to respect the man, but too many fought him in fear. Rightfully so in his prime, but eventually that stopping ability fades.

Anderson hasn't finished anyone since Stephan Bonnar in 2012. Weidman wasn't afraid of him and took the strap because of it. Everyone else has followed suite. It's okay to respect the man, but too many fought him in fear. Rightfully so in his prime, but eventually that stopping ability fades.
He pretty much hasn't won any fights at all since bonnar.

He used to hit guys from all angles with speed. They wouldn't see the punches. He still attempts to use those angles but at half the speed and its easy to counter

It's hard to watch a guy who is trying to do what he used to but his body wont obey.

Back