Ok maybe this week's card is not thaaaat bad

Its my dads 82nd birthday coming up on that day, so I won't be watching anyways. Have more important things to do like a fishing trip with my old man
That's awesome man. Gotta enjoy the folks while they are still here. I dread the day when my folks aren't anymore :( Hope you guys have an absolute blast. These moments are what makes life special. I'm sure you'll make his day just by giving him some of your time. As we get older, we realize that putting a smile on our loved ones faces is what life is all about. Happy bday to your pops!

Tbf a lot of the fighters on the contender series this year were regional champions anyway.
i don't argue that some of them will materialize. I just don't want to spend $70 for 2 fights where i know the fighters names. low level wmma and unranked fighters should never be considered on a main card.

Jordan Wright is like the American Psycho version of Wonderboy

Aww that’s awesome! Happy bday to your dad, I hope you guys have some great father-son time :)
Life’s too short, that stuff is important.
Thank you so much brother.. yeah it will be nice to go for some relaxing fishing with him, he enjoys it very much, and its easy and relaxing for him to do at his age.

Do you ever go fishing? its very relaxing and stress-free

The problem with Bellator isn’t the top talents it’s the depth. When I tune in for the ufc I’m typically getting 6 hours of medium to high level fights. With bellator I feel like I get 4 hours of amateur bouts and 2 hours of high level fights usually. And for me personally and the way I consume the content, and enjoy it the most, I find that’s not enough to really satisfy me as a fan.

Aye
Its my dads 82nd birthday coming up on that day, so I won't be watching anyways. Have more important things to do like a fishing trip with my old man
Just lost my dad. Enjoy him while he's here! Fishing is such a great, fulfilling activity to do with your dad.

P.S. Although my dad loved watching boxing/mma with me.

It's awful. Ladd v Dumont would be an interesting undercard fight but in no way is it headline worthy. And it's taking place at a non-existent division. An Arlovski fight as comain in what is guaranteed to be a stinker.

Honestly I'm just glad Holly Holm got injured because if she were still on the card that would guarantee both main and comain as stinkers. Ladd at least tries to make it exciting.

That's awesome man. Gotta enjoy the folks while they are still here. I dread the day when my folks aren't anymore :( Hope you guys have an absolute blast. These moments are what makes life special. I'm sure you'll make his day just by giving him some of your time. As we get older, we realize that putting a smile on our loved ones faces is what life is all about. Happy bday to your pops!
Absolutely agree brother.. those are the important moments in life. Thank you so much. He doesn't get out much anymore... but he still loves to go fishing as its very relaxing and easy for him to do. I enjoy it as well!

Time flies so fast and before we realize it our parents are old, I still see my dad as that guy who used to take me to basketball and could do a slam dunk, but now he is going to be 82 in a few days.. the reality of time and life.

Fishing trip is a great way to bind as well as there is a lot of time waiting around so you can catch up

how is anyone supposed to take this serious when you just did exactly what you're complaining about?
"I watch every fight on every card, and I’m usually entertained" would have sufficed.

Meh I find something to enjoy in jus about every card and match.

I'm fairly sure I wont be disappointed.

Remember from like 4am tonight till Sunday at 11pm (est) there is a plethora of MMA Orgs with shows on.

Expand yer Horizons...

As Mentioned FNG prolly has the Best Main event of the weekend...
Vladimir Mineev vs. Magomed Ismailov

Aye

Just lost my dad. Enjoy him while he's here! Fishing is such a great, fulfilling activity to do with your dad.

P.S. Although my dad loved watching boxing/mma with me.
Very sorry to hear that God rest his soul.. I know he was a good man if he loved MMA and boxing

My dad also used to watch with me but not recently, he watched until around 2006 time and then lost interest, its so funny because I remember last year I said I was watching some UFC PPV and he said ''is that Ken Shamrock guy still the champion, he was good'' hahaha I just smiled to myself and said Oh no lol

Oh I’m sure a lot of the event will end up sucking somehow, this is Bellator after all. But they do have some talent who is always worth tuning in for, and Vadim Nemkov is one of those guys.

I totally agree. They have absolute scrubs on their prelims, like 2 fighters making their professional debuts and shit like that. Super bush league. But like you said, they have some guys worth watching:
Vadim Nemkov
Mousasi
Douglas Lima
Anatoly Tokov
Valentin Moldavsky
Fedor of course
Kharitonov
Anglickas
Romero
Rumble
Koreshkov
Paul Daley sometimes lol
Probably others I’m forgetting

Aaron Pico

There’s some good stuff there. Since it’s head to head with Bellator, hopefully we can flip back and forth and sort of combine them into one decent card.
I heard Bellator be on youtube, I just watch it on my phone

Oh for sure, the problem is when you’re putting on fights in the modern era with extreme weight cutting and Covid, any fight can be canceled at anytime. Depth is a big deal right now because of all the cancellations. If bellators main event gets cancelled I can guarantee I won’t watch. For the ufc I’ll typically still give it a shot, and generally leave feeling satisfied I took the time to watch the prelims.

They just don’t have the depth to compete with the ufc machine. Makes you wonder when the ufc is signing a lot of these guys for 15k/15k why bellator hasn’t tried to compete for more of these prospects

Bellator actually invests quite a bit in actual prospects. What they lack is journeyman level fighters to fill out their prelims. There are a lot of fighters they have cut over the years that could fill that space. Karl Amoussou for instance could add some name value to their prelims. That guy is still around and winning fights. I guess it isn't worth it financially to keep guys like that around.

Last edited:
Thank you so much brother.. yeah it will be nice to go for some relaxing fishing with him, he enjoys it very much, and its easy and relaxing for him to do at his age.

Do you ever go fishing? its very relaxing and stress-free
I fished some as a kid. Sadly I am far too impatient to enjoy it like I should.

Bellator actually invests quite a bit in actual prospects. What they lack is journeyman level fighters to fill out their prelims. There are a lot of fighters they have cut over the years that could fill that space. Karl Amassou for instance could add some name value to their prelims. That guy is still around and winning fights. I guess it isn't worth it financially to keep guys like that around.

They don't want people who might derail the prospects.

Absolutely agree brother.. those are the important moments in life. Thank you so much. He doesn't get out much anymore... but he still loves to go fishing as its very relaxing and easy for him to do. I enjoy it as well!

Time flies so fast and before we realize it our parents are old, I still see my dad as that guy who used to take me to basketball and could do a slam dunk, but now he is going to be 82 in a few days.. the reality of time and life.

Fishing trip is a great way to bind as well as there is a lot of time waiting around so you can catch up
No problem at all brother. That is the cycle of life. Now YOU are the dad taking the kids to sports and eventually you will be where your pops is. Tis the cycle of life. I always try to think of it like this, when we are our parents age, we will want nothing more than to spend our final years with our kids and for them to just take a few days here and there and spend it with us before we go. So we must do that for them now and set an example for our kids so they do the same for us when we are older. God bless you brother I hope you guys have an amazing time.

batgerel is in there ... julian marquez
conor-mc-gregor-who-the-fook-is-that-guy.gif

Idk y sherdog removed Bellator off the front page and put one fc

i don't argue that some of them will materialize. I just don't want to spend $70 for 2 fights where i know the fighters names. low level wmma and unranked fighters should never be considered on a main card.
Well if your paying 70 dollars for a fight night card, I think your being rip off right of the go

Back