Ok maybe this week's card is not thaaaat bad

Nice that they have an event anyone remembers
Oh I’m sure a lot of the event will end up sucking somehow, this is Bellator after all. But they do have some talent who is always worth tuning in for, and Vadim Nemkov is one of those guys.
The problem with Bellator isn’t the top talents it’s the depth. When I tune in for the ufc I’m typically getting 6 hours of medium to high level fights. With bellator I feel like I get 4 hours of amateur bouts and 2 hours of high level fights usually. And for me personally and the way I consume the content, and enjoy it the most, I find that’s not enough to really satisfy me as a fan.
I totally agree. They have absolute scrubs on their prelims, like 2 fighters making their professional debuts and shit like that. Super bush league. But like you said, they have some guys worth watching:
Vadim Nemkov
Mousasi
Douglas Lima
Anatoly Tokov
Valentin Moldavsky
Fedor of course
Kharitonov
Anglickas
Romero
Rumble
Koreshkov
Paul Daley sometimes lol
Probably others I’m forgetting

Oh I’m sure a lot of the event will end up sucking somehow, this is Bellator after all. But they do have some talent who is always worth tuning in for, and Vadim Nemkov is one of those guys.

I totally agree. They have absolute scrubs on their prelims, like 2 fighters making their professional debuts and shit like that. Super bush league. But like you said, they have some guys worth watching:
Vadim Nemkov
Mousasi
Douglas Lima
Anatoly Tokov
Valentin Moldavsky
Fedor of course
Kharitonov
Anglickas
Romero
Rumble
Koreshkov
Paul Daley sometimes lol
Oh for sure, the problem is when you’re putting on fights in the modern era with extreme weight cutting and Covid, any fight can be canceled at anytime. Depth is a big deal right now because of all the cancellations. If bellators main event gets cancelled I can guarantee I won’t watch. For the ufc I’ll typically still give it a shot, and generally leave feeling satisfied I took the time to watch the prelims.

They just don’t have the depth to compete with the ufc machine. Makes you wonder when the ufc is signing a lot of these guys for 15k/15k why bellator hasn’t tried to compete for more of these prospects

The problem with Bellator isn’t the top talents it’s the depth. When I tune in for the ufc I’m typically getting 6 hours of medium to high level fights. With bellator I feel like I get 4 hours of amateur bouts and 2 hours of high level fights usually. And for me personally and the way I consume the content, and enjoy it the most, I find that’s not enough to really satisfy me as a fan.
its only getting worse. 53 events a year just means 45 watered down cards with one or 2 meaningful fights and at the rate Dana is signing fighters on the contender series i don't see this changing for the better.

Oh for sure, the problem is when you’re putting on fights in the modern era with extreme weight cutting and Covid, any fight can be canceled at anytime. Depth is a big deal right now because of all the cancellations. If bellators main event gets cancelled I can guarantee I won’t watch. For the ufc I’ll typically still give it a shot, and generally leave feeling satisfied I took the time to watch the prelims.

They just don’t have the depth to compete with the ufc machine. Makes you wonder when the ufc is signing a lot of these guys for 15k/15k why bellator hasn’t tried to compete for more of these prospects
Lol that is one of about 10,000 questions I have on the way Bellator is run. Even when they have good stuff planned it gets fucked up. Watch Nemkov accidentally get kicked in the nuts in the first 30 seconds and the fight ends in a NC <45>
That’s exactly the type of shit that will happen.

its only getting worse. 53 events a year just means 45 watered down cards with one or 2 meaningful fights and at the rate Dana is signing fighters on the contender series i don't see this changing for the better.
But we’re seeing guys come off the contender series who could beat ranked fighters. We’ve seen plenty of success stories. As they’ve had a chance to progress we’ve had some real talents move forward.

Some are thinking of the contender series as a scrub factory. I’d argue the contender series itself sometimes produces fights that are more high level then some low level Main cars fights in bellator. We’re seeing guys who are undefeated, have 15+ wins, former boxers…it’s a wealth of talent right now.

It did NOT feel that way at first in season 1, but what it’s turned into now is a way to keep some low level fights off the prelims. It’s 1 extra layer between an actual ufc card and incoming prospects. You’re cutting the number of prelim fighters effectively in half. But no one sees it that way. It’s just more “shitty contender series” fighters.

Lol that is one of about 10,000 questions I have on the way Bellator is run. Even when they have good stuff planned it gets fucked up. Watch Nemkov accidentally get kicked in the nuts in the first 30 seconds and the fight ends in a NC <45>
That’s exactly the type of shit that will happen.
That’s just it. And if I cleared my night to watch the content and the only reason for me tuning in doesn’t get to fight, I’m going to have a VERY negative experience.

People are sleeping on Nate the train coming forward throwing stupid shit while shouting stuff at his opponent, I always find that enjoyable.

The shit cards almost always deliver.
This is a very true statement for the most part since I started watching. You can’t just look at a card and tell whether it’ll deliver or not. But, too many in here are hung up on name value. And some pretty big names have delivered some pretty bad fights, and vice versa.

In the end I don’t care who watches. It’s just the constant whining that gets on my nerves. Like idgas if you watch. So why do you (those that do it) feel the need to write dear diary posts every single week? Telling the whole internet about your feelings?

I watch every fight on every card, and I’m usually entertained.

Tbf a lot of the fighters on the contender series this year were regional champions anyway.

Vadim Nemkov
Mousasi
Douglas Lima
Anatoly Tokov
Valentin Moldavsky
Fedor of course
Kharitonov
Anglickas
Romero
Rumble
Koreshkov
Paul Daley sometimes lol

They have Ben Henderson's wife having an amateur fight against an 0-2 amateur on the prelims, so that's something to look forward to.

100 percent.

Sometimes you can say Bellator has a better main event, occasionally it has a better main card, but I like to watch every fight including prelims and Bellator prelims are worse than Fight Pass cards by small promotions

They have Ben Henderson's wife having an amateur fight against an 0-2 amateur on the prelims, so that's something to look forward to.
Lmao! That’s exactly the silly shit they do rhat I was talking about. Bellator is “last days of WCW” status for sure. Doomed.

Last edited:
This is a very true statement for the most part since I started watching. You can’t just look at a card and tell whether it’ll deliver or not. But, too many in here are hung up on name value. And some pretty big names have delivered some pretty bad fights, and vice versa.

In the end I don’t care who watches. It’s just the constant whining that gets on my nerves. Like idgas if you watch. So why do you (those that do it) feel the need to write dear diary posts every single week? Telling the whole internet about your feelings?

I watch every fight on every card, and I’m usually entertained.
Gramps why so grumpy this morning? Aren't you the one who cries every morning about Bellator? Seems like you're the one hung up on name value. Just admit you don't know jack shit about mma. You said UFC card was going to be better than Wilder/Fury last weekend? I'd take advice from a toddler before I listened to you ya old geezer
tumblr_mcjftnCl1Y1qj8u1do1_500.png

Was just looking at it again and i just realized batgerel is in there, julian marquez ( guy im always impreesed with its corner) are in there. I don't think marquez will be a top contender but look out for danaa, that mongolian folk is promissing i don't know why he's so low on the card.
Aye. At a glance the card looks "meh", but there are 3-4 fights that I'm actually curious/excited for, and you *know* a couple randos will throw down and gain some new fans.

I've liked Marquez a lot too, but if he can't outmuscle Beverly Hills then I can see him getting picked apart (and Hills looked much stronger in his fight after his Buckley loss.

Roberts Emeev should be interesting as well, as well as Danaa Batgerel.

There are also several savvy old vets I'll be rooting for, so hopefully at least on of them can get a win.

Back