Ok how legit is holland’s kung fu

In the cage when buffer was announcing his name, holland was doing some qi gong shit like kata but for kung fu lol.

His wikipedia says he’s a 2nd degree black belt in kung fu. How long does it take to get a 2nd degree in kung fu, and will it open the door for some crazy monkey and crane style fights?

i know wonderboys karate is legit, but dc and bisping kept saying this is karate vs kung fu and its one of the most amazing displays of martial arts striking he’s seen. It kinda did remind me of a martial arts movie when the hero goes 1v1 vs thr final boss where they just beat the crap out of each other with tons of kicks, punches and spinning shit.
We can only hope so.

I think big country legit trains in kung fu tho lol. He brawls, but he actually has many years of training in it. What style of kung fu tho? I know theres different animal styles, northern fist, southern fist, wushu, and even drunken style lmao!
I'd be surprised if Holloway didn't know a bit of Kung Fu. It's a useless martial art in MMA though, but I wouldn't be surprised if Kevin's foot work is based or inspired by Kung Fu. As far as implementing proper techniques? Probably won't see it but it would be cool if he or someone was able to pull something off.

Of course Holland is legit, I just believe Kung Fu is about as legit as Hong Kong Phooey.
Thats why asked if his training is legit. He spent years getting a 2nd degree black belt, maybe his sifu or sensei is legit. U cant say karate is trash cuz tons of mcdojos, theres some legit killers from karate that went into kickboxing, muay thai and mma.

Zabit, Muslim Zalikhov have legit Kung Fu.

Kevin Holland's is of garden variety, its there, but its like those bullshit black belts that BJJ guys get.

Many people regard Wonderboy as a karate fighter but his stance and kicks scream tae kwon do

Look up Yi Long. He uses Shaolin Kung Fu and Muay Thai. He's a beast.

He beat Buakaw who's one of the greatest Muay Thai fighters of all time (he's 240-24).
You gotta take that Shaolin Kungfu from Yi Long with a grain of salt. He is a wushu guy who taught himself Shaolin Kungfu.

Kungfu is so big. There are so many styles and different places to train. Even something like Shaolin has different branches within that organization. Majority of them don't train for fighting but rather wushu demonstrations. They are in the business of making money.

Hard to tell. Real kung fu aint really for fighting

You gotta take that Shaolin Kungfu from Yi Long with a grain of salt. He is a wushu guy who taught himself Shaolin Kungfu.

That's more amazing than if he was a Shaolin guy, tbh.

Muslim Salikhov is a solid fighter and he is primarily Sanda. Zhang Weili has a base in Sanda as well. There are also some really tough Russian fighters with a base in Wushu. Just because most UFC fighters are boxer wrestlers or Muay Thai BJJ, doesn’t mean that’s all that there is.

Who are the Rusian fighters with a wushu base? That intrigues me very much.

Back