Ok how legit is holland’s kung fu

Bearknuckle

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
In the cage when buffer was announcing his name, holland was doing some qi gong shit like kata but for kung fu lol.

His wikipedia says he’s a 2nd degree black belt in kung fu. How long does it take to get a 2nd degree in kung fu, and will it open the door for some crazy monkey and crane style fights?

i know wonderboys karate is legit, but dc and bisping kept saying this is karate vs kung fu and its one of the most amazing displays of martial arts striking he’s seen. It kinda did remind me of a martial arts movie when the hero goes 1v1 vs thr final boss where they just beat the crap out of each other with tons of kicks, punches and spinning shit.

About as legit as Big Country's.
I think big country legit trains in kung fu tho lol. He brawls, but he actually has many years of training in it. What style of kung fu tho? I know theres different animal styles, northern fist, southern fist, wushu, and even drunken style lmao!

Holland is still a fun fighter but he’s Kung Fu didn’t have anything on wonderboy’s Karate after the last couple rounds. It happens though

All I know is that Holland can roll with punches and strikes very well.

Most folks would have been done after Thompson’s second counter left and second kick to the head.

It’s not just chin on Holland, there is some high level rolling in his defense and as bad as his beating was, it would have been over a lot sooner without that defense.

Whether it’s Kung Fu? Don’t know

UMV9cv.gif

Not legit enough to pull this off, I'd wager.

功夫, Kung Fu, literally translates to Work-Person. But the term is used to express a man that put effort and skill in his work and excels at it.

We can say a Carpenter Kung Fu is good
We can say a chef Kung Fu is good.
Heck we can even say our gf kissing Kung Fu is good..

Even when referring about combat, Kung Fu means martial arts. It's not really a particular named practice like Muay Thai, Wrestling, BBJ. It's really just a general term.

Source:
I'm Chinese.

edit:
So I always giggled whenever any fighter introduce themselves as Kung Fu fighter.

In the cage when buffer was announcing his name, holland was doing some qi gong shit like kata but for kung fu lol.

His wikipedia says he’s a 2nd degree black belt in kung fu. How long does it take to get a 2nd degree in kung fu, and will it open the door for some crazy monkey and crane style fights?

i know wonderboys karate is legit, but dc and bisping kept saying this is karate vs kung fu and its one of the most amazing displays of martial arts striking he’s seen. It kinda did remind me of a martial arts movie when the hero goes 1v1 vs thr final boss where they just beat the crap out of each other with tons of kicks, punches and spinning shit.
It’s hard to say how legit Holland’s Kung fu is but there are levels. Holland might be a legit 2nd degree black belt but Wonderboy was 58-0 and number 1 ranked in the World Combat league. Thompson is legit one of the best Karate practitioners ever.

A better Kung fu vs karate fight that makes no sense from a UFC ranking standpoint would be Muslim Salikov vs Wonderboy. Salikov is one of the best Sanda practitioners ever and legit king of Kung fu. Would be a fun fight filled with spinning kicks.

功夫, Kung Fu, literally translates to Work-Person. But the term is used to express a man that put effort and skill in his work and excels at it.

We can say a Carpenter Kung Fu is good
We can say a chef Kung Fu is good.
Heck we can even say our gf kissing Kung Fu is good..

Even when referring about combat, Kung Fu means martial arts. It's not really a particular named practice like Muay Thai, Wrestling, BBJ. It's really just a general term.

Source:
I'm Chinese.

edit:
So I always giggled whenever any fighter introduce themselves as Kung Fu fighter.
I didnt know that. I always thought kung fu was a style of fighting. Thanks for the knowledge.

Right about zero on the legit scale.
Its obvious holland is legit. He said he hit Jacare on some pressure points thats why he was able to Ko him from the bottom. Might have to test holland for some chi energy.

Its obvious holland is legit. He said he hit Jacare on some pressure points thats why he was able to Ko him from the bottom. Might have to test holland for some chi energy.
Yeah, I know Holland is legit, I just believe Kung Fu is about as legit as Hong Kong Phooey's Kung Fu..

Last edited:
Of course Holland is legit, I just believe Kung Fu is about as legit as Hong Kong Phooey.
Muslim Salikhov is a solid fighter and he is primarily Sanda. Zhang Weili has a base in Sanda as well. There are also some really tough Russian fighters with a base in Wushu. Just because most UFC fighters are boxer wrestlers or Muay Thai BJJ, doesn’t mean that’s all that there is.

Back