Ok guys, Gus talked so much, but...

i really wish there's a DRAW.

but then again there's going to be a rematch soon anyway.

Hope Gus and Jones both go 100%, whoever win is the best fighter.

Until Cormier comes in.

Gus and Jones have better striking, but Cormier might be the best wrestler in MMA PERIOD, bar none, and I think he's got the best chance at beating either or both of Jones/Gus and he'll take that title.

Unless Hendo shocks the world again.

4MYrgCa.jpg

Gus didn't bring it???

Gus looks like the doctor in that photo.

Gus has never been anything special IMO. Jones will wreck him in the rematch. But I hope DC ktfo's jones. It will be my favorite moment ever when jones gets knocked out cold.

Gus has never been anything special? Aside from the various impressive wins he has in his career, he also did several things against the most dominant light heavyweight champion in UFC history that no one else has been able to do. If you watched that fight and weren't impressed by Gus's performance, you need your head examined. He has probably the best boxing at 205, the best footwork, he's developed exceptional (defensive) wrestling and he has a lot of heart and a granite chin. The UFC as an organization and we as fans are damn lucky to have two young guys as talented as Jones and Gustafsson coming into their primes simultaneously.

Gus was only going like, 50%. But now that he's seen that Jones has nothing for him wrestling-wise, he is focusing on his kickboxing, his cardio numbers are off the chartz and he is going to dominate Jon Jones.

justaspectator said:
he looked like he wasn't in control of the fight and all he did keeps running back to the middle of the octagon to land some punches here and there, and he did.
You do not understand what you are watching.
He has probably the best boxing at 205
No. He has the best striking at 205. Period.

Jon-Jones-bloody-1024x560_zpsebe6648a.png

^ Messed up bad. Gustafsson was bombarded by Jones in the 4th after that spinning back elbow landed but he was never knocked down and that was only 30 seconds of Jones punishing him. Gustafsson punished Jones to the body and the head for the entire 5 rounds, including the 5th and final. All of those head strikes and shots to the body will add up and that would explain why Jon was having tremors at the hospital, vomiting and bleeding out of his eyes, nose and mouth (source: Brendan Schaub who was next to him in the hospital - The Fighter & the Kid podcast). Jones landed the most significant strikes of the fight in that 4th round but overall he was taking a constant beating and ended up accumulating lots of visible damage as a result. The fight was going to be stopped going into the 5th due to his cut over his right eye but Jones, his corner & the ref, Big John, begged the doctor to let him continue.

Jones clearly got clobbered more, there's no debating it. Jones landed the harder shots though (namely at the tail end of the 4th round). Gus was landing combinations on him and single shots almost at will. Dana, his boss, even said that Jones basically needed that much time to recover because [the accumulated damage] it was comparable to being in a car wreck. Gus was back training in 2 weeks, Jones 2 months.

Can you please watch the highlight video. First of all, The right eye of Jones was a result of a glancing punch that cut his eyebrow, it's there in the video. The other eye was a thumb with an open punch, which went directly in the socket. It's also in the video that I attached. Other than a few combos, Gus got elbowed, kicked and punched much more! Again, watch the video because the proof is in the pudding as they say.

DC will definitely be a huge challenge for Jones. If you were there for the SF HW Grand Prix, you'll know DC is as legit as they come! Dude is a real competitor and world class athlete...he's also intelligent, determined, and confident. I think DC beats Jones and/or Gus.

gus lost but it is dumb if you thought he didnt bring it. esp with how jones looked like after the match

I personally scored the first three rounds for Gustafsson but I also believe Jones was having an off night and will beat him more easily in the rematch.

Back