Ok guys, Gus talked so much, but...

He just couldn't bring it! As much as I wanted him to win, he looked like he wasn't in control of the fight and all he did keeps running back to the middle of the octagon to land some punches here and there, and he did. But, he just wasn't like dominating or anything, no matter how I wished as a fan. Then, that elbow landed and he went on autopilot survival mode and basically looked like one strike away from being finished. So, all that talk, although he did better than everyone else, still didn't bring it.

Now, we have Cormier. A fighter who, so far, did what he always said he was going to do. Do you guys think that he can really bring it to Jones, I mean not hoping, but seriously and realistically speaking. Can he bring it or not? Your opinions matter!

my opinion is that after reading ^ that well thought out and articulate bit of insight there is no way you're older than 15. Go finish your homework bud.

or English is your second language perhaps?

my opinion is that after reading ^ that well thought out and articulate bit of insight there is no way you're older than 15. Go finish your homework bud.

3 words: shut your mouth!

haha Cormier always did what he said? He really hasn't been that dominant in any of his high profile matches.

The result of Gustafsson 'not bringing it'...

Jon-Jones-bloody-1024x560_zpsebe6648a.png

:redface:

Agree....TS - watch the fight again & turn the sound off next time.....Makes a big difference when U don't have UFC personnel telling you how to read the fight!

Better yet, watch it with the Stix "Renegade" on repeat for 25 minutes.

He couldn't bring it?

He beat the shit out of Jones, something nobody was able to do.

I believe Gus was very wary of the Take Downs in spite of the fact that he shook off many of them.So he did not sit down on his punches and therefore could not effect a TKO.Against Manuwa ,he went beserk with his striking as he had no fear of Manua's wrestling.I'm not equating Manuwa with Jones,but the Nigerian is a hard hitter and a knock out artist.The fact that both Diabate and Jimmo lost by calf and knee injury respectively was no luck,but the methodic knees to the thighs Manuwa dished out..

He's right though dude.

He's basically saying it how it is: Gustafsson did very well in that fight. However, he DIDN'T dominate. It was very competitive, and it was competitive through out the entire fight, actually, but Gustafsson's gameplan was avoid, avoid, avoid, using his takedown defense to avoid getting taken down to the mat, and using his boxing speed and footwork to box Jones' ears in.

Jones was there the entire fight as well, though. He landed a lot of kicks and hurt him really bad with some elbows.

He also did a great job of defending himself from Gustafsson's punches.

He's right though dude.

He's basically saying it how it is: Gustafsson did very well in that fight. However, he DIDN'T dominate. It was very competitive, and it was competitive through out the entire fight, actually, but Gustafsson's gameplan was avoid, avoid, avoid, using his takedown defense to avoid getting taken down to the mat, and using his boxing speed and footwork to box Jones' ears in.

Since when is bringing it = dominating/domination? You can still certainly bring it and not be dominating. Not that that was the case since Gus was indeed dominating for large portions of their fight... stuffing all but 1 of Jon's one dozen attempted takedowns, punching his body and face like a time card, took him down as well (the only person to ever do it in Jon's career) and even hitting him with his own signature move, the spinning back elbow. He also made Jon look like Sloth from The Goonies, had him carted out to the hospital where he had to stay the night under observation while shaking, vomiting and bleeding out of just about every orifice from the mouth up and put him out of the gym/training for about 2 months (source: Jones himself).

He also did a great job of defending himself from Gustafsson's punches.

Yeah, clearly.

Both Gus and Jones brought it. It was a close fight. I can see either guy getting the nod. Can we just anxiously anticipate the rematch?

Isnt that exactly what is going on here? All this fighting between the two fanbase is only going to build up that fight even more.

Once I read up on Gus's criminal activities in his youth, part of me got this idea that maybe it is his destiny to win the rematch. I mean, Gus's earlier indiscretions are gonna continue to make him a target of hate for much of the MMA community; they were not really run of the mill youth mistakes, they were rather severe offenses for which Gus would still be in jail over right now if Sweden's criminal laws were anything like America's. And so all those clamoring fro someone to bring Jones down to earth, anyone, are gonna be stuck with the fact that it is gonna be someone as controversial as Gus.

Since when is bringing it = dominating/domination? You can still certainly bring it and not be dominating. Not that that was the case since Gus was indeed dominating for large portions of their fight... stuffing all but 1 of Jon's one dozen attempted takedowns, punching his body and face like a time card, took him down as well (the only person to ever do it in Jon's career) and even hitting him with his own signature move, the spinning back elbow. He also made Jon look like Sloth from The Goonies, had him carted out to the hospital where he had to stay the night under observation while shaking, vomiting and bleeding out of just about every orifice from the mouth up and put him out of the gym/training for about 2 months (source: Jones himself).

Yeah, clearly.

Everyone reacts differently to bodily injuries. Gus got messed up pretty bad, but he toughed it out; Jones didn't. Watch the highlights of the video that I added and see who got clobbered more with your own eyes, but without bias.

Ok now this is just getting silly. The Jones diehards and the Gus diehards are making it sound like their guy dominated the fight, but anyone with half a brain knows that both of them were a cvnt hair away from winning on the scorecards.

Everyone reacts differently to bodily injuries. Gus got messed up pretty bad, but he toughed it out; Jones didn't. Watch the highlights of the video that I added and see who got clobbered more with your own eyes, but without bias.

Jon-Jones-bloody-1024x560_zpsebe6648a.png

^ Messed up bad. Gustafsson was bombarded by Jones in the 4th after that spinning back elbow landed but he was never knocked down and that was only 30 seconds of Jones punishing him. Gustafsson punished Jones to the body and the head for the entire 5 rounds, including the 5th and final. All of those head strikes and shots to the body will add up and that would explain why Jon was having tremors at the hospital, vomiting and bleeding out of his eyes, nose and mouth (source: Brendan Schaub who was next to him in the hospital - The Fighter & the Kid podcast). Jones landed the most significant strikes of the fight in that 4th round but overall he was taking a constant beating and ended up accumulating lots of visible damage as a result. The fight was going to be stopped going into the 5th due to his cut over his right eye but Jones, his corner & the ref, Big John, begged the doctor to let him continue.

Jones clearly got clobbered more, there's no debating it. Jones landed the harder shots though (namely at the tail end of the 4th round). Gus was landing combinations on him and single shots almost at will. Dana, his boss, even said that Jones basically needed that much time to recover because [the accumulated damage] it was comparable to being in a car wreck. Gus was back training in 2 weeks, Jones 2 months.

Last edited:
he did "bring it" alright. What fight did you watch????

I don't know why people think highly of DC? I know he was successful as HW, but who did he beat at LHW? the great Cummings? Hopefully Hendo can land a bomb and knock this guy out.

I think if he will ever fight Jones, he will do well at the early rounds and eventually gas and won't keep up with Bones' phase. And I'm no Bones nuthugger, I really wish someone can teach Jones some lesson and beat the shit out of that cocky bastard.

He brought it, and Jones took it.
Props to both. Wish you fucking whining wwe fans on each side would shut the fuck up so i could enjoy this rivalry properly.

I've come to realize that by far the worst thing about MMA is the fans.

i really wish there's a DRAW.

but then again there's going to be a rematch soon anyway.

Hope Gus and Jones both go 100%, whoever win is the best fighter.

Gus has never been anything special IMO. Jones will wreck him in the rematch. But I hope DC ktfo's jones. It will be my favorite moment ever when jones gets knocked out cold.

Back