Ok guys, Gus talked so much, but...

justapectator

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
He just couldn't bring it! As much as I wanted him to win, he looked like he wasn't in control of the fight and all he did keeps running back to the middle of the octagon to land some punches here and there, and he did. But, he just wasn't like dominating or anything, no matter how I wished as a fan. Then, that elbow landed and he went on autopilot survival mode and basically looked like one strike away from being finished. So, all that talk, although he did better than everyone else, still didn't bring it.

Now, we have Cormier. A fighter who, so far, did what he always said he was going to do. Do you guys think that he can really bring it to Jones, I mean not hoping, but seriously and realistically speaking. Can he bring it or not? Your opinions matter!

Here is the highlights video to refresh your memory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=6S9SP9L0ajk

Last edited:
That's the same elbow that knocked Bonnar flat on his face and Gus ate it and stuffed a takedown shortly after. You're delusional if you think he didn't bring it.

I think Jones will beat Gus, again, then go on to beat Cormier via submission or tko/sub Hendo.

Edit: hope I'm wrong and he goes on to lose to all 3 of them.

He just couldn't bring it! As much as I wanted him to win, he looked like he wasn't in control of the fight and all he did keeps running back to the middle of the octagon to land some punches here and there, and he did. But, he just wasn't like dominating or anything, no matter how I wished as a fan. Then, that elbow landed and he went on autopilot survival mode and basically looked like one strike away from being finished. So, all that talk, although he did better than everyone else, still didn't bring it.

Now, we have Cormier. A fighter who, so far, did what he always said he was going to do. Do you guys think that he can really bring it to Jones, I mean not hoping, but seriously and realistically speaking. Can he bring it or not? Your opinions matter!

images

Gus put tips and nickels all over dat boy.

Just because he didn't win doesn't mean he didn't "bring it"

If Gus didn't "bring it" against Jones then I don't know who did/will

I get it, you're a Cormier fan. You guys are as annoying as Cormier himself.

He brought it, and Jones took it.
Props to both. Wish you fucking whining wwe fans on each side would shut the fuck up so i could enjoy this rivalry properly.

Ok guys so ts didn't bring it in this thread I want it to be good be is shit!

He brought it, and Jones took it.
Props to both. Wish you fucking whining wwe fans on each side would shut the fuck up so i could enjoy this rivalry properly.

To be honest, the childish wars the two fanbases have over the internet builds the general interest even more, thus making the fight bigger. Which is good. I don't even read their arguments anymore though lol, last time I checked they were fighting over who had the worst criminal record :icon_lol:

That's the same elbow that knocked Bonnar flat on his face and Gus ate it and stuffed a takedown shortly after. You're delusional if you think he didn't bring it.

Agree....TS - watch the fight again & turn the sound off next time.....Makes a big difference when U don't have UFC personnel telling you how to read the fight!

Well Cormier didn't exactly "bring it" against Mir, so he doesn't always "bring it". When I think of fighters that have that "bring it" factor, like you know... they really "bring it" it's just like you watch them and you cannot believe how much they are really "bringing it" and you turn to your buddy and you are like "Dude, that guy is bringing it bro."

What are you talking about??? Gus smashed Jones and really did win the fight. The judges got it wrong.

Both Gus and Jones brought it. It was a close fight. I can see either guy getting the nod. Can we just anxiously anticipate the rematch?

What are you talking about??? Gus smashed Jones and really did win the fight. The judges got it wrong.

That would imply that the media outlets like Sherdog and the rest that had jones as the winner got it wrong too.

Both put on a great fight and hopefully Gus brings it harder in the rematch. As usual we always enjoy the Gus judge and stat fixing conspiracy theories.

Last edited:
To be honest, the childish wars the two fanbases have over the internet builds the general interest even more, thus making the fight bigger. Which is good. I don't even read their arguments anymore though lol, last time I checked they were fighting over who had the worst criminal record :icon_lol:

when you say it like that i feel really dumb :icon_sad:

I think Jones will beat Gus, again, then go on to beat Cormier via submission or tko/sub Hendo.

Edit: hope I'm wrong and he goes on to lose to all 3 of them.

I agree with you that Jones is going to beat DC via submission. The more I think about this match-up, the more I think that's Jones' ticket in that fight.

I don't believe Jones can out-wrestle Cormier. He may be able to land a takedown or a trip or reversal on DC eventually, but it would take some huge effort in my opinion and Cormier would likely need to be tired or gassed.

On the feet Jones has superior kicks but I think Cormier can work through those and I also think Cormier probably has better boxing and more KO power with his fists. DC's chin has never really been tested to an extent but he's clearly a tough guy and I'd bet his chin is decent if not great. However, I think while Cormier is working his gameplan of "push against the fence and bully" Jones will defend well and will be looking to land counter elbows and knees.

Whether Jones can hurt him or not is the question but if Cormier takes Jones to the mat things will get interesting, especially if he can keep him there.

I believe if they end up fighting Bones will snatch a kimura on him some time during the fight and DC will submit to him. I say kimura because for various reasons I see this as the easiest way for Jones to tap him out from the bottom if it goes there.

On topic, I agree with most of what you've said, ThreadStarter.

In my opinion, Cormier can definitely throw down with this boy. DC's wrestling seems untouchable at this point, if he can keep his wrasslin sharp the way he has so far there is no way Jones can bully him the way he's done to his other opponents and in my opinion no way Jones can score a takedown on him.

Aside from the rematch with Gustafsson, this is what of the fights I'm really looking forward to.

Back