Law Ohio House passes bill allowing student answers to be scientifically wrong due to religion

Stars do not emit light because God created light before stars.

Zombies exist for 3 days around easter.

I know a young earth creationist (YEC) who says the old universe theory popularized by scientists relies on the assumptions that light travels at a constant rate (hasn't changed) and that the light of stars hasn't passed through anything that could change its speed or appearance.

I know a young earth creationist (YEC) who says the old universe theory popularized by scientists relies on the assumptions that light travels at a constant rate (hasn't changed) and that the light of stars hasn't passed through anything that could change its speed or appearance.

That doesn't even Appy to his beliefs since the CMB has really nothing to do with age of the earth. Unless he believes that the universe and earth were created on the same time frame.

Either way, he's wrong and jeebus doesnt forgive stupidity

Most Islamic countries. Quranic science is a thing, after all, and has been taught in UK schools. All a bunch of nonsense. If it's not repeatable and testable it has no business being in academia. The arts being one obvious exception.
Even in Iran they teach evolution so Southern conservatives are even more science averse than Iranian mullahs.

Btw when Muslims talk about so called Islamic sciences they are generally talking about the traditional disciplines in the Islamic tradition like study of hadith, Arabic grammar, theology and so on.

From the bill. Emphasis mine.

https://www.legislature.ohio.gov/legislation/legislation-documents?id=GA133-HB-164

Substance and relevance, including any "legitimate pedagogical concerns". Literally nothing about accuracy.

I don't know about you, but to me this looks like they're taking the emphasis away from the body of evidence and giving it to the existence of a procedure, regardless of accuracy.

So for instance, if I say, we have a common ancestor with chimps, and someone says "But God created chimps and men at the same time and they were always different" I have to judge his religious concerns on their substance and relevance, and I can't dismiss it outright because it's their religion.

Right or wrong?
It's wavy gravy as written, at least how I see it. Could be interpreted a few ways. But it looks like teachers should be protected from disciplinary action for grading properly, even if the parents get to appeal the grade. But idk for sure.

There are just some things that you don't get to dispute. Gender and the age of the earth are among them.

Public schools should teach science and not religion.

However they respect religion. You test and grade on science not religion.

The only thing is they should also teach what is theory is and the fact that it charges what is considered science.

If you can't understand what you're reading -- it means that a student can use religious symbolism in art projects. Or a student can write a persuasion essay about Christianity.

Students can already do these things without legislation, they're covered by freedom of religion. No one is getting points off for putting a cross in a painting for art class or writing a persuasive essay about religion. I knew a girl who wrote a persuasive essay about Creationism for an English class in College, she didn't get any points off for the topic. Also there are really no restrictions for praying either. No one gives a shit if you pray to Thor before your Math test, no one would even know.

I'm noting that lying to kids in their education is abusive, and that privatizing the abuse is the typical Republican solution when this sort of child abuse is happening in the public arena.

So parents that have their kids believe in Santa and the tooth fairy are abusing their kids.

Yea parents that teach their kids religion is abusing them but the ones that teach them that a “woman” can have a dick are the great parents.

So only the lies you like are not abusing them.

Dear God.

This is as regressive as it gets. Ohio needs to get rid of anyone who votes to support resolutions like this.

So parents that have their kids believe in Santa and the tooth fairy are abusing their kids.

Yea parents that teach their kids religion is abusing them but the ones that teach them that a “woman” can have a dick are the great parents.

So only the lies you like are not abusing them.
No I'm not even saying that regular Christian stuff is abusive (it can be in extremes), but it's definitely abusive to contradict stuff like the age of the Earth by substituting wildly false "facts." It really damages their critical thinking and holds them back from knowledge in a way that Santa doesn't.

No I'm not even saying that regular Christian stuff is abusive (it can be in extremes), but it's definitely abusive to contradict stuff like the age of the Earth by substituting wildly false "facts." It really damages their critical thinking and holds them back from knowledge in a way that Santa doesn't.

Public schools should and do teach science and such which is the way it should be. Parents have the right to teach what they feel is right. Teaching religion is not abusing their kids. A private school can teach what they want as long as they meet the state requirements also and as long as it’s not extreme.

I don’t see the abuse you talk about.

I’ve been saying it but this is Ohio lol. Stay in Columbus and Cleveland. One of the reddest states if you look at the state legislature, Governor and executive positions, and supreme courts.

Only ever competitive during Presidential elections.

Does anyone actually have what the law would allow and not just hyperbole.

This sounds like it could much screaming at the sky over what turns out to be nothing.

Fucking awesome!!!!

Q: Why is Calfornia have earth quakes?
A: Because God created it that way

Q: Explain how a gene pool works and breeding
A: All you need is two of a given species because inbreeding is made up, based on Noah's flood example

Q: What does the New York State penal code say aobut stealing and its punishment?
A; You get to chop off the theirf's hadn, like it says in the bible.

I really hope some kids have a lot of fun with this and post it on the internet for us to enjoy

Where does the Bible say that inbreeding is a myth? It certainly doesn’t advocate chopping off a hand for theft. I think the Quran teaches this, but property crimes are generally resolved by paying back the stolen amount plus extra in the Bible.

Thinking on it, I also do not believe that California is mentioned, but you’re confusing mechanism with agency in any case.

Where does the Bible say that inbreeding is a myth? It certainly doesn’t advocate chopping off a hand for theft. I think the Quran teaches this, but property crimes are generally resolved by paying back the stolen amount plus extra in the Bible.

Thinking on it, I also do not believe that California is mentioned, but you’re confusing mechanism with agency in any case.

There is that story where that happens. You know the one I'm talking about.

Maybe something to do with an eye for an eye.

How aobut this one:
Q: whats is the punishment under Ohio law for someone poking out your eye?
A: I get to pole that fuckers eye out!

Back