oh dude, this just keeps getting better...

Polynikes

Not Impressed
Reaction score
ok so about 3 weeks ago, i got to train with relson gracie for two nights in a seminar. it was a seminar open to our school only, we're an affiliate, and it was only about 12 to 15 guys there. it was perfect as far as number of students and amount of instruction. he taught some sweet self defense stuff, some nhb stuff, and some sport bjj stuff too...

if you've never trained with him before, he's unreal. he has flexibility in his body like i've never seen before. in fact, i'm going out on a limb here and i'm going to say that he has no cartilage in his knees. he couldn't, and if you've trained with him before you'd know what i am talking about...

anyways, so i got that seminar three weeks ago, and this friday i have a private with luiz palhares, 6th degree bb under rickson...

he's giving a seminar at our school, but i'll be out of town so i'm getting a private instead...

he's not asking much either...

i am thrilled!

anyone here ever trained with palhares before? what's he like?

never Palhares but ive rained with Fabio Santos...fifth degree under Rickson and for an older guy he was insane

you guy are fucking lucky. i wish i could just meet them guys. Thats it im packing up my shit and moving to brazil! ha...i wish

You'd be better of in Cali these days given the number of schools there and the slightly lower crime rate.

yup..Fabio trains here in sunny San Diego..aint cheap though

Relson is a great teacher, really really cool guy, probably the coolest gracie {him and royler}
has great stories about his father and brothers and is very blunt about "issues" in jiujitsu
he did a seminar at my academy, his son is real good. you are very lucky

his son was in my division at a tournament a year or so ago and he wiped the floor with everybody, i think he subbed all 4 guys he faced...i never got to roll with him though

Superbeast said:
You'd be better of in Cali these days given the number of schools there and the slightly lower crime rate.
I think the two coincide... bjj and lower crime rate:)

I agree if more poeple could kick ass then there would be less crime. Except for the crime of fighting in public, which would at least be fun to watch for a change.

Back