Social Oh Dear Mr. Gruden-Raiders coach gone.

Gruden out- 10 year old bigoted emails rants do him in. How do you feel?

• Total voters
People with absolutely no backbone or pride were exposed itt. Wait till you're private conversations are leaked and your life gets fucked over by some of the most physically weak people this earth has ever produced.

I give this advice to new hires out of college... and will give it my kids when they're older.

In this day and age, anything in email or your phone is NEVER dead. Therefore, never send anything, by text or email, you'd be terrified if it got out.

This is includes...

- Texts to your boyfriend (or friends) - They may become former friends and Ex's.... and bitter
- Emails within the company or to personal friends using the work accounts. IT CAN see these. For example, don't email a colleague complaining about your boss or maybe the CEO/President.

I actually sit a new hire down and give them 10-15 min discussion on this. Younger kids don't have the slightest comprehension of the dangers. (Unless a bitter X in high school "leaked" their shit... We've heard these stories).

When you need to vent or have juicy gossip... Meet your friends somewhere for drinks and have it out. Keep it off your phone or computer.

It's insane Gruden would put any of this shit in emails... lol. But he's the older generation and likely didn't understand that anything sent is never gone... ever

Newsflash - Guys bullshit and have meaningless shit talking to each other. If snowflakes don't believe me... try spending a few weeks on a jobsite. They're worse than High Schoolers and no topic is sacred. I know it may sound caveman like, but it's definitely a bonding thing. Everyone makes fun of each other... Hispanics, blacks, whites... It's like a competition to see who can be the most offensive in good natured fun.

If you can understand any spanish... oh boy. They're hilariously vulgar and not PC what-so-ever. Probably because they don't think anyone can understand them.

Thin skinned people are like lambs to the slaughter though... lol.

My guess is the NFL locker room is very similar to the vibe of construction sites.

Best example from 20 years ago... This guy on the jobsite had a cleft palate and deformed hand. The guys called him the "The Claw"... And he actually enjoyed it, I know it sounds crazy. But the guys wouldn't give him shit if they didn't like him. But imagine referring to him in a text or email these days and calling him the The Claw. lol... It would never look good. I bet PIerre (the guy with the fireworks hand) gets a ton of shit all the time.

I don't recall anyone calling me any racial slurs on the jobsite, but that's just me. There was ZERO TOLERANCE for that type of behavior. It's really sad that you're actually making excuses for it.

Or really gained . . .

He should just apologize and move on . . . but I get it. That's not good enough for a lot of people these days. They want others to go down for saying stupid things.

Bruh, he didn't even do THAT.

they dug up an email from 2011 to cancel him a decade old email that is nuts that people can black mail you like that for decades.

Well, it's bad. But he should not have to quit over it.

But also
Personal emails should not be released publicly without consent. They are private conversations !

You sign certain agreements with a company when you decide to accept employment there. If you use their wi-fi or their computers to communicate, you're rolling the dice on the privacy issue. But none of that applies here as he was part of an official investigation.

Before you accept that big figure job, read the fine print and act accordingly.

Leftists and wokeness destroy everything they touch

So, he shouldn't have been let go for being racist?

<6>

Because that's the discussion here. If you want to make a thread about "the Left and wokeness", you should do so.

Last edited:
Whats the statute of limitations on being able to get fired for things you said years ago? 3 years? 5? 10? No limit?

when you are the head coach and one of the biggest public figures of pro football team that makes a majority of its profits from large family friendly corporate sponsors ….no limit.

He made racist remarks and all he had to do was apologize.
Then it was found out he made anti gay remarks and then he was fired…

why wasn’t he fired when they found out he made racist remarks in the first place?
dave chappelle was right LGBT is valued more than a black mans life.

Whats the statute of limitations on being able to get fired for things you said years ago? 3 years? 5? 10? No limit?

How badly does it reflect on the NFL and their earnings potential?

Timestamped.

Rule #1. Never mess with the money.

Rule #2. See rule #1.

when you are the head coach and one of the biggest public figures of pro football team that makes a majority of its profits from large family friendly corporate sponsors ….no limit.

Ok, that can be fair. I guarantee there are 32 coaches who could be fired tomorrow if thats the case, but fair.

they dug up an email from 2011 to cancel him a decade old email that is nuts that people can black mail you like that for decades.

In 2011, Gruden was 48 years old. Lets not act like they dug up some dirt from when he was a wee lad...lol.

Yeah, on your work email account, there is no expectation of privacy.

Where Gruden fucked up was having these sorts of opinions and writing them down. Second place is having friends that use their work emails for everything.

Wrong. I'll ask you a simple and direct question - if Gruden had used the N word in the email to describe Demaurice Smith, instead of making fun of his lips, does he keep his job last Friday?
Depends on the context of the usage.

In my country $$ = power. It is the most basic fact. If a community misuses their funds then they have to figure that out.
It is not the most basic fact. $$ = power is fallacious.

An adult gives their child an allowance. The child now has $$. Does that mean the child now has power? Or an employer gives an employee a minimum wage salary. The employee now has $$. Does that mean that they have power over the employer?

As I said before - statements without context aren't insightful. But since this the 2nd time, I'm going to assume I'll see a 3rd.

No everyone else is perfect so we can judge him and ruin his career.
The dude said shitty things , why are these coming up now ?

Because they uncovered them during an investigation into something else by the sounds of it, it doesn't sound like someone's been sitting them for ages or anything.

I should add a disclaimer that I had no idea who this guy is until now, so I don't especially care.

Back