Social Oh Dear Mr. Gruden-Raiders coach gone.

Gruden out- 10 year old bigoted emails rants do him in. How do you feel?

• Total voters
I meant in his coaching career . . . but sure . . . he's gone and moving on somewhere.

Give it a few years and someone else will hire him. If Art Briles can get back into coaching after the debacle at Baylor anyone can.
We can cross that bridge in a few years. Hardly seems worth thinking about right now.

Obviously what he wrote was fucked up.

Also, fucked up is this coming out a decade later. Who held this over his head is what I want to know.... they should go too!

Finally, topless cheerleader pics.... um... never mind.

I know it’s too much to ask for some people to read an entire article before they start furiously mashing away at their keyboard.

Yeah who would dare question the narrative being fed to us by ESPN or the NY Times. I'll shut up now and read the articles over. Maybe I missed the part about not questioning the official narratives

WFT IT security policies likely state that there is no right to privacy and someone looked at his old emails.

I think his brother was HC at the Redskins then. That might be how they came across
Gruden’s emails.

I meant in his coaching career . . . but sure . . . he's gone and moving on somewhere.

Give it a few years and someone else will hire him. If Art Briles can get back into coaching after the debacle at Baylor anyone can.

Gruden hasn’t been good enough….

He’s done and definitely can’t go back to the media.

I think his brother was HC at the Redskins then. That might be how they came across
Gruden’s emails.

Yep. That's what I was referring to. Someone took a peek at Jay's emails.

Because racist comments only demean black people, who largely aren't the power brokers, while anti-gay remarks includes the people who have the actual power to force outcomes.

Sports is literally full of some of the most powerful and influential Black people in the country. People just didn’t really give that much of a fuck. I don’t even think they really do now tbh.

Yep. That's what I was referring to. Someone took a peek at Jay's emails.
The Redskins/Washington Football team had some sexual harassment issues a couple years ago. 15 female employees came forward and Washington was running a frat house, and there was an internal(Washington and NFL) and an external investigation. They got sued.
https://www.newsweek.com/washington-redskins-sexual-harassment-scandal-1518534

So while combing through all the emails for the suit, John Grudens emails popped up. Someone then leaked them, and now Gruden resigned. If that lawsuit does not happen, Gruden would still be coaching the Raiders.

I give this advice to new hires out of college... and will give it my kids when they're older.

In this day and age, anything in email or your phone is NEVER dead. Therefore, never send anything, by text or email, you'd be terrified if it got out.

This is includes...

- Texts to your boyfriend (or friends) - They may become former friends and Ex's.... and bitter
- Emails within the company or to personal friends using the work accounts. IT CAN see these. For example, don't email a colleague complaining about your boss or maybe the CEO/President.

I actually sit a new hire down and give them 10-15 min discussion on this. Younger kids don't have the slightest comprehension of the dangers. (Unless a bitter X in high school "leaked" their shit... We've heard these stories).

When you need to vent or have juicy gossip... Meet your friends somewhere for drinks and have it out. Keep it off your phone or computer.

It's insane Gruden would put any of this shit in emails... lol. But he's the older generation and likely didn't understand that anything sent is never gone... ever

Newsflash - Guys bullshit and have meaningless shit talking to each other. If snowflakes don't believe me... try spending a few weeks on a jobsite. They're worse than High Schoolers and no topic is sacred. I know it may sound caveman like, but it's definitely a bonding thing. Everyone makes fun of each other... Hispanics, blacks, whites... It's like a competition to see who can be the most offensive in good natured fun.

If you can understand any spanish... oh boy. They're hilariously vulgar and not PC what-so-ever. Probably because they don't think anyone can understand them.

Thin skinned people are like lambs to the slaughter though... lol.

My guess is the NFL locker room is very similar to the vibe of construction sites.

Best example from 20 years ago... This guy on the jobsite had a cleft palate and deformed hand. The guys called him the "The Claw"... And he actually enjoyed it, I know it sounds crazy. But the guys wouldn't give him shit if they didn't like him. But imagine referring to him in a text or email these days and calling him the The Claw. lol... It would never look good. I bet PIerre (the guy with the fireworks hand) gets a ton of shit all the time.

This is all great except a NFL locker room really is nothing like a construction site. The absurd amount of money at stake, the work being a nationally televised family friendly product, the sponsors, the fact the employees are very public figures, the media, couldn’t really be more different. Definitely not some safe space for offensive behavior.

gruden is a retard.

but the concept of digging around and then selectively leaking, and then media selectively reporting, is a bad and increasing trend. selection bias at work.

Sports is literally full of some of the most powerful and influential Black people in the country. People just didn’t really give that much of a fuck. I don’t even think they really do now tbh.
Being the most power and influential black people does not mean that the power and influence is the same as the power brokers and decision makers in the country.

The athletes aren't particularly powerful. They're rich and they're influential, because they're famous, but they're not "powerful". They're not the power brokers in these organizations. They're rarely the power brokers on their own teams once the conversations moves off the field of play.

He made racist remarks and all he had to do was apologize.
Then it was found out he made anti gay remarks and then he was fired…

why wasn’t he fired when they found out he made racist remarks in the first place?
Well the gay remarks just put the cherry on the cake I guess.

gruden is a retard.

but the concept of digging around and then selectively leaking, and then media selectively reporting, is a bad and increasing trend. selection bias at work.
Mayhaps they dug around because he's a crap coach and they needed an excuse? IDK. My Raiders fan colleague is chuffed to fuck.

Nobody was digging through Grudens emails.
He is simply collateral damage due to the sexual harassment lawsuit against the Washington Football team by 15 female employees.
You had 4 sets of eyes Going through those emails. The NFL, Washington football team and lawyers from both sides.
Someone did leak them, but who? I doubt it was the NFL or Washington, because who wants a P.R nightmare. Mark Davis the owner of the Raiders and Gruden are really tight, so he would not release them either. It was more likely some paralegal tasked with going to thousands of emails. Some assistant saw Grudens name, the contents of the emails and decided to forward it to a newspaper. Hell they might have even got some cash for giving out Gruden's emails.
Like I said Gruden just happened to email a team that is part of a large lawsuit.
Hell you have ambulance chasers advertising they will get you some money if you were a female who worked for the Redskins and were harassed. NFL is a billion dollar organization, and they fined the Redskins 10 million for their fuck up. The sharks are circling.
https://www.classlawgroup.com/sexua...ashington-redskins-sexual-harassment-lawsuit/

Being the most power and influential black people does not mean that the power and influence is the same as the power brokers and decision makers in the country.

The athletes aren't particularly powerful. They're rich and they're influential, because they're famous, but they're not "powerful". They're not the power brokers in these organizations. They're rarely the power brokers on their own teams once the conversations moves off the field of play.

Agree to disagree.

You have to be a star, but stars flex their power all the time.

This is all great except a NFL locker room really is nothing like a construction site. The absurd amount of money at stake, the work being a nationally televised family friendly product, the sponsors, the fact the employees are very public figures, the media, couldn’t really be more different. Definitely not some safe space for offensive behavior.
Grudens antics fit right in with the scum that is the NFL, had he not been on the outs with the league this would have been a non-issue. You can do what you want as long as you are useful. Once you don’t serve a purpose your past is used against you.

Leaking private emails? Be honest, if someone recorded what you were saying in private and leaked that online, would you fair any better than Gruden? Especially 10 years ago?

Back