Social Oh Dear Mr. Gruden-Raiders coach gone.

Gruden out- 10 year old bigoted emails rants do him in. How do you feel?

• Total voters
I give this advice to new hires out of college... and will give it my kids when they're older.

In this day and age, anything in email or your phone is NEVER dead. Therefore, never send anything, by text or email, you'd be terrified if it got out.

This is includes...

- Texts to your boyfriend (or friends) - They may become former friends and Ex's.... and bitter
- Emails within the company or to personal friends using the work accounts. IT CAN see these. For example, don't email a colleague complaining about your boss or maybe the CEO/President.

I actually sit a new hire down and give them 10-15 min discussion on this. Younger kids don't have the slightest comprehension of the dangers. (Unless a bitter X in high school "leaked" their shit... We've heard these stories).

When you need to vent or have juicy gossip... Meet your friends somewhere for drinks and have it out. Keep it off your phone or computer.

It's insane Gruden would put any of this shit in emails... lol. But he's the older generation and likely didn't understand that anything sent is never gone... ever

Newsflash - Guys bullshit and have meaningless shit talking to each other. If snowflakes don't believe me... try spending a few weeks on a jobsite. They're worse than High Schoolers and no topic is sacred. I know it may sound caveman like, but it's definitely a bonding thing. Everyone makes fun of each other... Hispanics, blacks, whites... It's like a competition to see who can be the most offensive in good natured fun.

If you can understand any spanish... oh boy. They're hilariously vulgar and not PC what-so-ever. Probably because they don't think anyone can understand them.

Thin skinned people are like lambs to the slaughter though... lol.

My guess is the NFL locker room is very similar to the vibe of construction sites.

Best example from 20 years ago... This guy on the jobsite had a cleft palate and deformed hand. The guys called him the "The Claw"... And he actually enjoyed it, I know it sounds crazy. But the guys wouldn't give him shit if they didn't like him. But imagine referring to him in a text or email these days and calling him the The Claw. lol... It would never look good. I bet PIerre (the guy with the fireworks hand) gets a ton of shit all the time.

He made racist remarks and all he had to do was apologize.
Then it was found out he made anti gay remarks and then he was fired…

why wasn’t he fired when they found out he made racist remarks in the first place?

And where are all of the people who were going to bat for Gruden yesterday, saying that it was a "mistake said in anger."?

There are 3 people who will tell you the unabashed truth.

Kids
Drunk people
And people who are angry.

He made racist remarks and all he had to do was apologize.
Then it was found out he made anti gay remarks and then he was fired…

why wasn’t he fired when they found out he made racist remarks in the first place?
Because racist comments only demean black people, who largely aren't the power brokers, while anti-gay remarks includes the people who have the actual power to force outcomes.

Nothing of value was lost.

Or really gained . . .

He should just apologize and move on . . . but I get it. That's not good enough for a lot of people these days. They want others to go down for saying stupid things.

you have to wonder how a man who was in the glowing spotlight for decades only now had these unconscionable thoughts and feelings excavated for autopsy.

I mean why were these emails hidden from the public for so long?
Why wasn't he properly vetted back in 2011 when ESPN championed him as a respected QB guru and former HC pitting his football smarts that were seemingly infected with all his deepest most wicked thoughts next to so many young impressionable yet oppressed minorities that were drafted to become a part of an elite multimillionaire club?
Who benefitted from hiding all these things when he was awarded a 10 year, 100 million contract by the Raiders organization?

Entities like ESPN and several other high paying, high profile sponsors kept this highly questionable individual in a high position of power and prestige for so long and only now are the official hard working truth telling social media spelunkers able to dig up these things? what gives?

you have to wonder how a man who was in the glowing spotlight for decades only now had these unconscionable thoughts and feelings excavated for autopsy.

Why wasn't he properly vetted back in 2011 when ESPN championed him as a respected QB guru and former HC pitting his football smarts that were seemingly infected with all his deepest most wicked thoughts next to so many young impressionable yet oppressed minorities that were drafted to become a part of an elite multimillionaire club?
Who benefitted from hiding all these things when he was awarded a 10 year, 100 million contract by the Raiders organization?

Entities like ESPN and several other high paying, high profile sponsors kept this highly questionable individual in a high position of power and prestige for so long and only now are the official hard working truth telling social media spelunkers able to dig up these things? what gives?

Lol it was dug up by an official investigation into the Washington Football Team. I swear why is it so hard for people to read nowadays.

Lol it was dug up by an official investigation into the Washington Football Team. I swear why is it so hard for people to read nowadays.

Sorry for reading between the lines on the official statement

lol... Did you read the article?

His emails got revealed when Washington's servers got investigated. They were exchanges between him and Washington staff. That's how he got the topless cheerleader pics...

I'm guessing his brother being the head coach had something to do with it.

lol... Did you read the article?

His emails got revealed when Washington's servers got investigated. They were exchanges between him and Washington staff. That's how he got the topless cheerleader pics...

Yeah I read it and I have questions about it. I find it hard no one knew this about the guy for 10 years

He is moving on.

I meant in his coaching career . . . but sure . . . he's gone and moving on somewhere.

Give it a few years and someone else will hire him. If Art Briles can get back into coaching after the debacle at Baylor anyone can.

Back