Oh Chicago

The issue is most people dont want to admit there is a culture problem. Becuase then they must blame the people there not just the affects of slavery and bad schooling. Plus how do you change an entire culture? How do you get the idea back in kids heads that school is cool, selling drugs is not. Getting a degree is cool, having a facebook pic of you showing your ass is not. Keeping you legs closed or at least sticking around to raise the child is cool, fuckin and leavin is not. I dont want to hear that they need somethign to look forward to to get better. Maybe things will start to get better if they dont have a kid before graduation? Or maybe there might be jobs for them if they focus on school.

Of course none of this really matters if the parents aren't 100% behind them and pushing them. Of course you need at least one parent around to do that. Can't have the daddy gone and they momma either working all the time or out at the club. Until there is a fine/penalty/etc for being a shitty parent, a lot of this stuff won't change. It's not against the law to be a shitty parent.

And thats the sad parent that a lot of liberals dont want to admit to, what if things have gotten so bad and so many excuses made that there is never any real change? We've had 50 years of dem controlled inner cities and things are still shitty. I know there is still alot to recover from slavery, jim crowe, red lining, etc, but things were not this bad during the 40-to ealry 60s. Graduation rate and wedlock rate was close between the races.

I'm sorry to say but the parents of these children are a write off. The state needs to step in and solve this issue. The children need to be reached through schooling. Nice, safe schools with bright colours and happy, well paid teachers that spend all day, everyday teaching the children how wrong "gangsta" is.
There needs to be all kinds of after school activities and weekend activities as well. The kids need to be away from their homes and bad influences as much as possible.

There needs to be tremendous investment into the surrounding areas as well, the entire neighborhood needs to be cleaned up. More and more cops on the streets, a constant presence, stop and frisk and serious punishment for offenders.

This needs to happen for an entire generation. It would be a huge, huge investment but I'd rather see the money spent there than on the military.

Proper drug rehabilitation centers need to be provided as well. Offenders need to be re-educated. The teaching needs to be so thorough and consistent that it is essentially brain washing.

The "urban" societies are very similar in many of the countries I've been. I still don't believe it's racial,i think it's cultural. Poor people have nothing better to live for. They need to be shown that life can be good.

I'm sorry to say but the parents of these children are a write off. The state needs to step in and solve this issue. The children need to be reached through schooling. Nice, safe schools with bright colours and happy, well paid teachers that spend all day, everyday teaching the children how wrong "gangsta" is.
There needs to be all kinds of after school activities and weekend activities as well. The kids need to be away from their homes and bad influences as much as possible.

There needs to be tremendous investment into the surrounding areas as well, the entire neighborhood needs to be cleaned up. More and more cops on the streets, a constant presence, stop and frisk and serious punishment for offenders.

This needs to happen for an entire generation. It would be a huge, huge investment but I'd rather see the money spent there than on the military.

Proper drug rehabilitation centers need to be provided as well. Offenders need to be re-educated. The teaching needs to be so thorough and consistent that it is essentially brain washing.

The "urban" societies are very similar in many of the countries I've been. I still don't believe it's racial,i think it's cultural. Poor people have nothing better to live for. They need to be shown that life can be good.

You literally could not be more wrong. The basis for any child's success is the family unit. If a child has awful parents the child will fail. It does NOT matter how much money is poured into schools and programs. The city of Baltimore spends more per student than any other city in the US and pretty much comes close to leading the world in spending per student. Guess what? The students suck and are failing. The kids come from broken homes and a broken culture, so they simply can't succeed.

Now imagine the opposite. An Asian family comes to the US with nothing but the will to succeed and make their children a success. They can have their children in the worst schools in the country with the least spending, but if they instill in their children the value of hard work and education and have a strong family unit to support the child, then the child will thrive. Parenting trumps everything when determining the success of a child.

So dumping hundreds of billions into schools and teachers will do nothing without good families.

Last edited:

Two points:

- States already spend A LOT of money on schools in the hood. A lot more per student than on schools in good neighborhoods.

- Poverty does not create crime. Crime creates poverty.

Holy shit....

Chicago is the city, known as the dirtiest in the game. And guess who politically thrived there and didn't bat an eye too anything on his way to the Whitehouse. You should look up one of his good buddies Tony Rezko. A total scumbag slumlord who thought little of the poor black inner city community. A big guy in the far left politics there and former really close ally of the president.

A former far left domestic terrorist teaches at Chicago University, Bill Ayers. He bombed U.S. public buildings including a police department. He bombed his own countries, a county where he was born comfortably middle class full of far left white guilt. He hates America. He's a f'n University professor in Chicago and fits right in with the far left elites there. He's not the only one in the area.

This disaster of a city is all a product of the twisted undercover racist far left. They want racial division, they want people helpless, poor & fighting each other while thy pretend to want to help while fanning the flames of racism, anti law enforcement and America being evil crap.

Chicago is their evil America they led it down this path; but their narrative to the people is this was all somehow created by white racist and evil america capitalism and only them(the ones in charge of this mess now and every US inner city mess) can save us with their far left path for America. A necessary part of that path for them to get in is to have it as divided, race baiting, helpless as possible.

The culture is a by product of the drug trade and the sense of family/community granted by the gang life. We need to work on ending the war on drugs and the black community needs to reestablish the family unit. Too many children without fathers in the home and women with multiple children from multiple dead beat fathers.

The crime will continue to be a problem so long as the community refuses to work the police and the police continue to not give them a reason to.

i mostly agree

no family unit
family replaced by gangs
drug trade replaced industry

but this is a problem that only the black community can solve for itself. we cant make black fathers stay with their kids and we cant make them stop using drugs

Shut it down. Shut this whole perverse thing down...

A town. It just made me laugh when I read your post.
It's funny because whenever I watch a bulls game the commentator says "here in the town of Chicago" I've heard that so many times, it's weird I completely forgot lmao.

It's funny because whenever I watch a bulls game the commentator says "here in the town of Chicago" I've heard that so many times, it's weird I completely forgot lmao.
With all the bad stuff happening there one can easily think it's a state or small country. You're fine. Carry on!

Blame indiana, blame gun shows, blame the media but don't blame the fact that an estimated 25% of guns used in gun crime were already confiscated by chicago police dept. at least once.

Wait, they left that out of the 'Vice' episode I watched about gun violence

shootings across the country, especially in the ghetto, are on the rise because cops are initiating nowhere near the activity they used to before the high profile police involved shootings lately.
it's a moratorium of sorts nationwide. can't really blame them. every time a cop uses deadly force, any force really, it's likely to be scrutinized globally and instantly thanks to social media,
whether or not it's justified.

With all the bad stuff happening there one can easily think it's a state or small country. You're fine. Carry on!
I'm from Australia, Chicago has bigger pop than 5/8 states lmao!

It's really fucked up though, Chicago is making our news, that really only happens when shit is going down in America.

It's really fucked up though, Chicago is making our news, that really only happens when shit is going down in America.

Yeah thats crazy.
There are areas in the US that look as rought as some banana republic, I tell you. America isn't all you see on tv.

Weird. I'm from Chicagoland and it's just another day here.

forget about more policing for a second, schools are too afraid to properly discipline their own kids. It's a shit sandwich, a poop po' boy, a gross grinder, a hairpie hoagie, a winnets wedge, or a Hersey-squirt hero.

lol, what country are you living in? The above has been happening for decades. I went to a mostly black HS with a lot of Hispanic immigrants. There were tons well meaning white liberal teachers working their asses off. These are the most dedicated, ideological professionals I've met. Tons of after school programs. Teachers spent a lot of time on the weekends, lots of clubs and meetings and 'empowerment'....

The results? my black friends became very well-versed in 'empowerment' jargons, walking around thinking they're the shit but NEVER DID ANY HOMEWORK. One of my friends spent most his time getting laid with fat white girls. One dropped out, one made it to community college but had to quit because he had a kid. Those teachers and programs had zero positive effects on them.

We need to go back to enforcing WORK ETHIC, not ego-stroking

to give you a contrast with the above:

In college, I ran into 2 kinds of Asian students: super genius exchange students from China and poor Asian students who came up from HS.

The poor Asians from HS came here with NOTHING, 1 family living in a 1 bed room apartment. Nobody spoke English.... 5 years later, they're all in collge getting finanical aids, working their asses off getting good jobs.... while going through this, no one got in trouble for stupid living, no one messed with the law, no one committed crimes on others. They put their heads down and grind to the top.

The exchange students from China are something else.. they ride their bicycles to school with their bags of plastic boxes of food prepared from home. They eat from those boxes and nothing else. Talk about minimal expenses. Spent all day studying with no distraction whatsoever, they can do this day after day for years.

I remember one dude who struggled to explain things to me, I thought he was pretty pathetic until I read his term paper. Talk about being humbled! We Americans have lost sight on real hard work and discipline.

Back