Ofsted: Islamists taking over schools in the UK

OT- Ontario's catholic schools being paid for by the tax payers is fucked

I'd be curious to know if that allows state influence over their curriculum. I would assume so.

Send your kids to public school then, if it was so superior to Christian, or even Muslim education, Im guessing you wouldnt feel so threatened.

In the USA public schools are little more than liberal indoctrination centers for big labor anti capitalist white guilt planned parenthood fascists. Theres quite a few excellent catholic schools that people have to actually pay for, Im guessing if public school was better the Catholic schools would all sclose..

Diversity of ideas and educational techniques are always positive things.

You clearly have no knowledge of the school system in the UK. That's okay, I know next to nothing about education in the USA having only visited a couple of what you would call private schools. You'll notice I don't opine on the subject though.

I'm pretty sure it's okay to feel threatened by religious propaganda in schools later being leveraged by fundamentalists into voting in religious nutters that decide to make laws demanding women get stoned to death or mandating burning Jews that don't convert to Christianity. That would of course be horrific. I'm okay with finding that threatening. Or even lesser versions of that where said nutters make it illegal to do business on a day they find special, or make people do and say other silly things that get in the way of progress because of the beliefs of savage murderous desert marauders from thousands of years ago. That's shit for humanity.

We have Catholic schools here, but the quality of their ideas isn't keeping them afloat and or prosperous in a market free of distortion. More the legions of poorly educated Catholics indoctrinated in giving money to the Catholic Church and ensuring their children are raised to feed that corporation's coffers.

As for the diversity of educational techniques always being good...I don't think so. If your teaching method is to say question nothing I tell you it's gospel and I'll punish you for thinking for yourself, well that's pretty fucking useless.

I'd be curious to know if that allows state influence over their curriculum. I would assume so.

Yes- catholic schools must teach to Ontario standards.

Yes but there is a sign outside the takeaway that says so there is a choice, is the beer in the restaurants halal as well?

Not outside halal Subways though. Ran four miles this morning to a subway about .8 miles from the office i figured I could get a bacon egg and cheese sub from before walking to work from there.

Fucking turkey rashers the sign inside said. Nearly cried.

Its usually a big sticker with Halal written in arabic then in english underneath, maybe you just thought it was some strange curly wurly pattern you kept seeing everywhere and should of paid more attention?

wow, i would never have guessed that if you hadn't told me.cheers,you are the font of all knowledge.

OT- Ontario's catholic schools being paid for by the tax payers is fucked

Indeed. I seem to remember a politician here in Canada not so long ago saying something along the lines that Canadians would be alright with other religious schools as well, since we have Catholic ones, and him being shocked when it turned out to be pretty much the exact opposite of that.

From what I remember, Catholic schools are part of the Ontario constitution or some such, and like most things that hold this country back, are linked to agreements made with the french population years and years ago (for similar reasons we can't make any meaningful changes to our Senate due to needing Quebec's approval).

For the record, the fact that tax money goes to promoting the catholic god sickens me.

You clearly have no knowledge of the school system in the UK. That's okay, I know next to nothing about education in the USA having only visited a couple of what you would call private schools. You'll notice I don't opine on the subject though.

I'm pretty sure it's okay to feel threatened by religious propaganda in schools later being leveraged by fundamentalists into voting in religious nutters that decide to make laws demanding women get stoned to death or mandating burning Jews that don't convert to Christianity. That would of course be horrific. I'm okay with finding that threatening. Or even lesser versions of that where said nutters make it illegal to do business on a day they find special, or make people do and say other silly things that get in the way of progress because of the beliefs of savage murderous desert marauders from thousands of years ago. That's shit for humanity.

We have Catholic schools here, but the quality of their ideas isn't keeping them afloat and or prosperous in a market free of distortion. More the legions of poorly educated Catholics indoctrinated in giving money to the Catholic Church and ensuring their children are raised to feed that corporation's coffers.

As for the diversity of educational techniques always being good...I don't think so. If your teaching method is to say question nothing I tell you it's gospel and I'll punish you for thinking for yourself, well that's pretty fucking useless.

See this is just as much of a problem as the Muslim schools you dont like. You want everyone elses children to believe and think the way YOU think is right.

Just like the Islamists.

See this is just as much of a problem as the Muslim schools you dont like. You want everyone elses children to believe and think the way YOU think is right.

Just like the Islamists.

It took awhile, but now I'm pretty certain you're trolling, so carry on.

wow, i would never have guessed that if you hadn't told me.cheers,you are the font of all knowledge.

Your sarcasm suggests you have infact seen the signs which in your earlier post you had purportedly not ever seen!?

I suppose it would depend on the context and why it would be relevant. Your statement is not very specific, so it is hard to get more detailed.

In common parlance when someone says they are English/Englishman it is understood they are identifying with the English ethnic group. English,Welsh,Scottish are ethnic identifiers while British is Nationality. Amir Khan is a British national who resides in England.

In common parlance when someone says they are English/Englishman it is understood they are identifying with the English ethnic group. English,Welsh,Scottish are ethnic identifiers while British is Nationality. Amir Khan is a British national who resides in England.

First of all English is used both as a nationality and a ethnic identifier. England is still a country even if is not currently sovereign. So it's not just common parlance to assume English applies solely to ethnicity. This holds true for Wales, and especially Scotland.

Second Amir Khan was born and raised in England. He is culturally English, even if isn't of "ethnic stock". He meets every qualification of belonging to that ethnic group. I'm not sure why you are trying so hard to disqualify someone from being classified as English.

First of all English is used both as a nationality and a ethnic identifier. England is still a country even if is not currently sovereign. So it's not just common parlance to assume English applies solely to ethnicity. This holds true for Wales, and especially Scotland.

Second Amir Khan was born and raised in England. He is culturally English, even if isn't of "ethnic stock". He meets every qualification of belonging to that ethnic group. I'm not sure why you are trying so hard to disqualify someone from being classified as English.

England does not have its own passport, even if its a country. So people use English as an ethnic identifier.

Born and raised doesn't change the fact that he isn't ethnic English. Are we all going to now ignore the fact that there is a big difference between a Celto-Germanic native of England and Amir Khan.

Khan married a Pakistani who was studying in America. Now what's the odds Khan finds a Pakistani wife in America purely out of love. Pakistanis and Indians are very clannish and in England Pakistanis are known to have arranged marriages with persons back in Pakistan.

Here's the thing with some minorities; they demand to be accepted as full fledged Brits or English but retain their clannish attitudes . They want to have the cake and eat it too.

from wiki:

"Membership of an ethnic group tends to be associated with shared cultural heritage, ancestry, history, homeland, language (dialect), or ideology, and with symbolic systems such as religion, mythology and ritual, cuisine, dressing style, physical appearance, etc."​

I'd say a good case could be made that he doesn't belong to the overwhelming majority of those qualifications.

I remember watching Khan's early fights and seeing all his mates at ringside waving the flag of Pakistan. Why do you think they were doing that?

I'm going out on a limb and guessing you're what the census describes as 'white british', in my experience only white western europeans get mad and sanctimonious and call others 'idiots' when they suggest that their ethnicity might only apply to, what some would call, the 'natives' and is not inclusive of everyone who happens to live there.
On the other hand, just about everyone else gets it - polls show that most minorities in england identify as 'British' but not 'English' (you can look that up on wiki too). I have first hand experience of that when a former coach of Malaysian extraction in a heated argument with a Greek guy told him that he was 'British, not English, big difference!'.
Or little things like the other week someone asked a girl in the office if she was Chinese, she said she was born in Malaysia but was Chinese ethnically (she's lived in Britain most her life AFAIK). She gets it, you don't. I wonder why?

England does not have its own passport, even if its a country. So people use English as an ethnic identifier.

Born and raised doesn't change the fact that he isn't ethnic English. Are we all going to now ignore the fact that there is a big difference between a Celto-Germanic native of England and Amir Khan.

Khan married a Pakistani who was studying in America. Now what's the odds Khan finds a Pakistani wife in America purely out of love. Pakistanis and Indians are very clannish and in England Pakistanis are known to have arranged marriages with persons back in Pakistan.

Here's the thing with some minorities; they demand to be accepted as full fledged Brits or English but retain their clannish attitudes . They want to have the cake and eat it too.

Your bigoted rant aside, ethnicity is a personal choice, so luckily your personal views have no bearing on how Amir Khan or any other "non ethnic stock" identifies.

A disgusting racist party? Oh yea great hope, the sooner Scotland separates itself from England the better.

Lol as someone who's spent a ton of time in Scotland for work, they are far far more racist than anyone in England. The only reason you don't have a large UKIP party vote is the fact you have a tiny amount of immigrants, it's not a problem Scotland has had to face because it's a tiny country that doesn't have anything to attract immigrants. I really really hope independence works for Scotland, so when you are flooded by immigrants, when you can walk down your street and not hear a single word of English spoken, or see a single sign in English, or have your women attacked for breaking Islamic rules and be called racist for not thinking this is a good thing you can come back to this thread and admit how stupid you are. Scotland has a tiny population if you ever face the immigration levels England does, Scottish people will become a minority in a very short time.

The easiest thing to do is ban Religious schools, they are a backward idea from a backward time. We don't allow schools to separate by colour so separating people by religion shouldn't be allowed either especially at public expense.

Back