Official Zuffa statement on the cut of Rousimar Palhares

FREE PAUL HARRIS

SetFree.jpg

As they say in baseball:

Strike three, you're out.

I don't blame Rousimar, the dude is clearly awkward and not particularly bright.

Its partly just his upbringing, he seemed to lack crucial, intelligent social interactions growing up and is a pretty simple dude that seems to shut off all external stimuli when it comes to a fight situation. It's all he knows how to do.

However, this was the right thing to do. Rousimar is not mentally fit to fight, which is sad because how else is he going to earn a living?

He smoked pierce in 30 seconds! That's no easy feat! He barely held on to that sub for more than 2-3 seconds after the ref intervened. I think this is being blown out of proportion because of who it is. I think the cut was unjust. Hopefully he gets picked up by bellator right away.

What a coincidence that the official Zuffa statement mirrors some of the exact same talking points many of the posters here at sherdog have ran with. But Zuffa doesnt use online shills. Oh, no. Impossible. Too crazy to even suggest.

I don't blame Rousimar, the dude is clearly awkward and not particularly bright.

Its partly just his upbringing, he seemed to lack crucial, intelligent social interactions growing up and is a pretty simple dude that seems to shut off all external stimuli when it comes to a fight situation. It's all he knows how to do.

However, this was the right thing to do. Rousimar is not mentally fit to fight, which is sad because how else is he going to earn a living?

I don't feel there was any intent from Toquino to injure Pierce. He didn't stare him down, didn't talk shit to him afterwards....he humbly thanked God, his team, the fans, and his wife....cutting Rousimar was a knee jerk reaction. With that said he can definitely beat guys in smaller mma organizations.

What a coincidence that the official Zuffa statement mirrors some of the exact same talking points many of the posters here at sherdog have ran with. But Zuffa doesnt use online shills. Oh, no. Impossible. Too crazy to even suggest.

Thats next level tin foil hat right there.

Palhares got suspended before for holding the sub too long and he also recently failed a PEDS test. On what imaginary planet do you live that excludes those wildly pertinent things from discussion about him being released?

What else would be the talking points? His haircut?

Or the talking points are obvious to pretty much everyone?

I think this is being blown out of proportion because of who it is.

It would be blown out of proportion if this was the only incident. But it is not. The punishment is in direct proportion with the rules violation.

He smoked pierce in 30 seconds! That's no easy feat! He barely held on to that sub for more than 2-3 seconds after the ref intervened. I think this is being blown out of proportion because of who it is. I think the cut was unjust. Hopefully he gets picked up by bellator right away.

Well this is like the 5th time this has happened, and he's failed a drug test. It's kind of to be expected for a repeat offender

Impressive as hell win though

Bellator should sign him so that he can sabotage their promotion...

ya where he'll be -500 against anyone lol, I totally agree with you its unjust

Also a drug cheat good riddance.

ya hes the only one....I bet his ratios were no where near overeems

He let go of the sub in exactly a second of the ref calling it. You cannot dispute this, just watch the video.

But he held it long after Pierce tapped. By that logic guys that trash someone's face after they're unconscious like Vitor and Hendo should be cut every second fight.

He let go of the sub in under a second of the ref calling it. You cannot dispute this, just watch the video.

But he held it long after Pierce tapped. By that logic guys that trash someone's face after they're unconscious like Vitor and Hendo should be cut every second fight.

It's not just the hold, he fucking torques it right after. If he held it, i'd honestly defend him and give him the benefit of the doubt, but he looks up, sees what's going on, and then just torques the shit out of it for a fair second or two after.

Back