Official Women's MMA Discussion Thread #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really loved how Rachel Ostovich dressed up as Wonder Woman. I think fighters should show more individuality that's memorable. On the other hand, didn't look like she had many sponsors.....

You gonna try to fight in the Leia bikini next time? :)

Gadelha has 8 pack abs WITHOUT cutting lol. She could probably have a good run at 135.

I want Joanna to win, she's a beast and seems to be quite under the radar. Hopefully she can evade the takedown or not get submitted in the first round, Gadelha is really way above Lima in the grappling department but you never know.

Joanna is probably the fastest and most explosive athelete in the division, never seen someone hit as hard and fast like that, has reach and height advantage over Gadelha. We'll see, Gadelha could be the favorite here but never faced someone like Gadelha.

Here's her facebook fanpage, it's in polish but has some really cool training videos:

https://www.facebook.com/joanna.jedrzejczyk.muay.thai?fref=ts

i'm also hoping for a joanna victory. :) it seems some people are not so much counting her out, but just not mentioning her because gadelha was the one people kept hearing about running the division. *under the radar* as you said.

i think you're spot on about joanna's key being getting the fight to the latter stages. if she can, at the very least, make claudia work very hard for her takedown attempts, it should bode well for her to start to implement her game in the second round and then have a strong third.

things could get very interesting very quickly in the SW division after this weekend! :cool:

Hopefully Bellator will move forward their WFW division asap

already I'm quite pissed that the only UFC WBW that fought at list 3 times this year is Smith, and there aren't many other fights booked for the division

I'm hopeful Bellator will do more for the featherweight division. We'll have to wait and see what develops. At least they have some fights developing and they are setting up contenders with the few fighters they have.

As for the UFC I agree they need to do more. It wasn't as much of an issue four months ago when half the roster was injured but many of them are chomping for action.

wicked ... ~ battery

Agreed

8)

If the UFC can't get fights for the 135 pound women, what are they gonna do when they have 16 more 115 pound women to get fights for?

To me, Gadelha looks as muscular as Cyborg, it's just on a smaller frame.

Any news on Jemyma Betrians next fight?

News.

12-20 Gladiator Challenge: Holiday Beatings
155? Jessy Miele (2-1-0) US vs. Lissette Neri (6-1-0) US
135? Bryanna Fissori (1-0-0) US vs. TBD
125? Jemyma Betrian (1-0-0) NL (US) vs. TBD

Fissori and Betrian are new additions to this card.

7569_Holiday_Beatings_lg.jpg

http://instagram.com/p/waIggQyjZi/

jemyma betrian
‏@jemyma_b December 20 I'm fighting again I hope all my Muay Thai fans and new mma fans wane to come and support…

B3yqrK6IEAAN_DR.jpg

Last edited:
I really loved how Rachel Ostovich dressed up as Wonder Woman. I think fighters should show more individuality that's memorable. On the other hand, didn't look like she had many sponsors.....

Hi Rox

Totally agree that more fighters should display individuality... that way, even more of them could end up in the attached thread;

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/showthread.php?p=101076287#post101076287

Good to see you dropping in, congrtats on the cos and on getting another win.

Great performance

Great performance

i'm also hoping for a joanna victory. :) it seems some people are not so much counting her out, but just not mentioning her because gadelha was the one people kept hearing about running the division. *under the radar* as you said.

i think you're spot on about joanna's key being getting the fight to the latter stages. if she can, at the very least, make claudia work very hard for her takedown attempts, it should bode well for her to start to implement her game in the second round and then have a strong third.

things could get very interesting very quickly in the SW division after this weekend! :cool:

Just re-watched the J J vs Lima fight, interesting to see how effective her TDD was against Lima, not suggesting it'll necessarily be as effective against Claudia but I do believe if Joanna can keep it standing for a decent length of time, it could make for a very unpleasant fight for Claudia.

Looking forward to this one

If the UFC can't get fights for the 135 pound women, what are they gonna do when they have 16 more 115 pound women to get fights for?

To me, Gadelha looks as muscular as Cyborg, it's just on a smaller frame.

According to Wikipedia, the UFC has 53 female fighters signed right now. 28 at 135, 25 at 115. They are gonna have 47 events in 2014. Let's say they get to where they do 52 events a year. That means that they need to average a female fight at every event in order to get them all an average of 2 fights a year. Sounds doable. They have had 31 135 fights (counting Ultimate Fighter Finale) so far and 4 115 fights. Their star Rousey only had two fights in 2013 and two in 2014.

Last edited:
According to Wikipedia, the UFC has 53 female fighters signed right now. 28 at 135, 25 at 115. They are gonna have 47 events in 2014. Let's say they get to where they do 52 events a year. That means that they need to average a female fight at every event in order to get them all an average of 2 fights a year. Sounds doable.

yes, but I hope for 3 fights a year for most of them.
Or at least if some of them ask Cerrone treatment UFC should give her Cerrone treatment

EDIT: my bad, even the men that are in the mix of their divisions don't fight much more than 2 a year

Last edited:

Forgot about it: ROXY CONGRATS FOR THE WINWOOOHOOOOO

----

Jemyma is another great addition from the Muay Thai stables.

Angela Hill, Jojo, Polish Jedi, Kish and now Jemyma.

Marion Reneau signs with the UFC

http://www.ufc.com/fighter/marion-reneau?redirect=no

Would have to guess Reneau gets Holm and Aldana gets Evinger in a title fight.

Good for her. She is a decent signee. Holm vs. Reneau is a good fight.

Aldana vs. Evinger makes the most sense unless Invicta picks up someone of semi-decent standing in the next month. There aren't that many floating around as free agents though, at least of a calibre/known quantity to get a title match with Evinger.

I'd take Evinger over Aldana but that's a fight i'd like to see.

I'd take Evinger over Aldana but that's a fight i'd like to see.
Honestly I would take Evenger over pretty much any BW not named Rousey right now. She has been just flat out impressive lately. Maybe Cat Zingano would be a loss for her, but that's about the only other one I can think of off the top of my head that Evenger would struggle against.

Last edited:
Honestly I would take Evenger over pretty much and BW not names Rousey right now. She has been just flat out impressive lately. Maybe Cat Zingano would be a loss for her, but that's about the only other one I can think of off the top of my head that Evenger would struggle against.

I think she beats Tate, but McMann and Davis who have wins over here are difficult fights for her. Regardless I'd like to see her in them because right now she's on a fantastic run

Maybe put Aldana in a title eliminator fight with someone else and have the winner fight Evenger for the title.

That makes sense. BW is paper thin though, i'm not sure who I would pick to fight in a title eliminator.

I think she beats Tate, but McMann and Davis who have wins over here are difficult fights for her. Regardless I'd like to see her in them because right now she's on a fantastic run
Understandable, but I'm a big believer in momentum (or confidence, whichever you prefer) and she has a ton of it right now.

That makes sense. BW is paper thin though, i'm not sure who I would pick to fight in a title eliminator.
Which is why it amazes me that the UFC hasn't jumped all over Evenger and Aldana at this point. Considering BW is one of only 2 UFC women's divisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back