Official Women's MMA Discussion Thread #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marloes Coenen being the #2 Featherweight in the world would disagree, and so would I.

Kind of forgot about Marloes since she hasn't been as active as the other top 5 ranked fighters, which include Van Duin.

--

Yes. Albu is still training in the serious martial art of ~

10463042_518463931619329_6225398024181454252_n.jpg

Butt-Fu Doh!

--

Exclusive: Lina Akhtar L

Last edited:
You know that unless it involves the Karate Hottie in some way, I'm out, right?

Oh wait, I can bet *against* Jessica Penne? Let me search my couch for da money!

newly posted, i think?

10553308_10152557065966276_5772213260180348035_n.jpg

Pro WMMA Fighter Brittney Elkin Interview with Iconici TV MMA

brittany.jpg

How did you into get MMA?

I was a cocktail waitress at my hometown bar in Gillette WY and my boss was friends with the owner of a promotion out of Rapid City SD he was in town for a summer bash he told me I should give the sport a try and I did and never stopped

So getting into MMA didn't intimidate you? Did you have any combat experience?

I mean yeah it's intimidating at first but you sync with fighting and become comfortable in the chaos I didn't have any combat experience before joining my first MMA gym

Click below for more:

http://mmablog.iconicitv.com/2014/07/pro-wmma-fighter-brittney-elkin.html?m=1

--
This fight predates the one below.

Betina Baino vs. Claudia Vasconcelos (Flyweight)

Baino's third fight. They both need work. 8)

Kelli Katiussy vs. Betina Baino (Flyweight)

Fight filmed at distance but you can still see most of it fairly well.

--
Princess of Pain - Two of their Bantamweight Tournament fights.

Kate Da Silva vs. Des Maaka (Bantamweight)

(Da Silva needs to learn to cut off a retreating fighter. Maaka not engaging until a warning.)

Kate Da Silva vs. Charlene Watt (Bantamweight)

--
With Blencowe going back up to up to featherweight to fight Faith Van Duin I figured I'd post a few of her fights.

Mae Lin Leow vs. Arlene Blencowe (Bantamweight)

Jessy Jess vs. Arlene Blencowe (Bantamweight)

(Slightly older fight but worth seeing with Jessy Rose Clark on the upswing.)

Last edited:
Faith Van Duin to Defend Storm Damage Title Against Arlene Blencowe on Aug. 30

I imagine if Van Duin wins and Cyborg vacates the featherweight title we could see Budd vs. Van Duin.

This is a fight I would be interested in!

@SevarianB: "Against Penne!" comments made me laugh.

Like the Albu photo on many levels
1) shows off her kicking power
2) funny how even when rehabing, she wants to show off...err...ummm...her kicking strength
3) interesting juxtaposition with old lady also using crutches...maybe one day Albu will look the same?

Jarl

newly posted, i think?

It's a picture from a few months ago taken by a photographer who does a lot of work with Greg Jackson's fighters.

The cool thing is that the UFC used it today to promote Michelle on their main Facebook and Twitter pages. *LINK* to the Facebook page where there are a TON of likes and comments. A bunch of new people started following her on Twitter also!

The UFC couldn't have picked a better person to promote Invicta on Fightpass with, in my totally unbiased opinion.

In what was an active month in the rankings, movement happened due to losses, inactivity, and fighters dropping in weight.

With her loss to UFC champion Ronda Rousey, Alexis Davis has dropped from the #2 slot to #5 in the bantamweight division. This moves Cat Zingano to the #2 position and Sarah Kaufman to #3. Tate goes to the #4.

With Joanna Jedrzejczyk move to the strawweight division, the bottom six positions from July

Marina looking good for her upcoming fight with Amanda Bell.

10575966_732635790128466_1317613774_n.jpg

You know that unless it involves the Karate Hottie in some way, I'm out, right?

Oh wait, I can bet *against* Jessica Penne? Let me search my couch for da money!

Oh snap, sparks gonna be flying between Severian and Ashenthorn when it's Penne's turn to fight, hahaha.

Shannon Sinn vs. Alice Yauger at Sparta Combat League 7-18-14 (Flyweight)

Cage Warriors 71 in Sweden is canceled, so is the FW matchup Pannie Kianzad (5-0) vs. Alexandra Buch (8-3)

Cage Warriors 71 in Sweden is canceled, so is the FW matchup Pannie Kianzad (5-0) vs. Alexandra Buch (8-3)

I read it wasn't cancelled. Just moved a day earlier to another location.

Bout is still on, they moved the card to Jordan because of issues with the swedish mma comission.

I have a pic I want to share, but on second thought I'll wait until the new thread gets posted. Since we're up around 100 pages already, wow that was fast!

Bout is still on, they moved the card to Jordan because of issues with the swedish mma comission.

Huh. Well Pannie did say in an interview that she wanted to fight in the Middle East. I do wonder though what their issue with the comission was.

EDIT: In Sweden, the comission has to sanction every pro fight. Apperently, there was some fight on CW:71 that the comission wouldn't sanction. Wonder why?

EDIT2: Matches that the comission wouldn't sanction. Jack Hermansson (8-2) vs Cheick Kone (11-3), Pannie Kianzad (5-0) vs Alexandra Buch (8-3), Jack Mason (28-13) vs Jonatan Westin (6-2), Liam James (8-6) vs Frantz Slioa (4-0). They were called "unequal matchings" - which is funny since this is the same comission that okayed Gegard vs Latifi.

Last edited:
Does anyone have any info on the second season of the XFC tournaments? They've been signing a lot of international talent the past couple weeks, but I haven't heard anything about dates or matchups. They've been trying really hard to get into womens fights. It's looking pretty solid so far if they're doing an 8 person tournament.

Flyweight Tournament
Poliana Botelho (2-1)
Michelle Tavares (7-2)
Vuokko Katainen (2-1)
Rachael Cummins (2-1)
Julia Borisova (3-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back