Official Women's MMA Discussion Thread #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to Thirdpres and Underdogftw for the responses. I want to watch that fight!

Since we still got plenty of time before the SWs are free for bout makin`...do you thin it`ll just be Jelly Bean vs. Ju Thai and Gadelha vs. JoJe? Maybe in November?

Jarl

Your welcome, idk currently are there only 5 fighters in ufc sw? Paige vs Beans may be a good match up too. Maybe ufc should hurry and sign a few fighters that didn't make it to tuf like Nina.

I found this kind of funny "She had hoped to debut for Road FC as an in-cage competitor this past year, but reluctantly accepted an opportunity to work as a ring girl in order to develop a fanbase with Road FC." I hope she has potential.

What I was trying to say about Rousey/Carano was that think i think its blatantly obvious Carano is using Rousey and the UFC to keep her name in the news. You could actually say that Rousey is now a little bit better known than Carano. Caranos acting career isn't exactly going gang busters the Haywire movie was good but her acting sucked. Fast and the Furious she had like 10 lines. She guest starred in Fox tv series in the fall where she had 1 line maybe 2 and her last movie was basically straight to dvd. Rousey right now is everywhere 3 movies coming stories in the New Yorker Wall St Journal , Espn short movie, Hannah storm interviews she had segment on one those entertainment news shows recently she really is in public consciousness more right now.

See, I wonder if it's something else. I know Gina likes the fight scene and probably wants to get back into it, but i think she doesn't want to get thrown to the wolves. She retired from both MT and MMA after she lost for the first time. She doesn't like being embarrassed and she likes being a movie star. I think she's balking on an initial matchup against RR.Meanwhile, Dana isn't sure she'll stay and is pushing for the big payout.

How to properly pronounce Joanna Jedrzejczyk's surname. MMARocks.pl helps. :cool:

[YT]sr3yOkbFAps[/YT]
"It's Yo-anana Yen-zay-trick."

I had no idea Joanna would be pronounced that way. I knew about the J being like Y in English, but not the "anana" part. I was totally wrong about the last name. I guessed it was "Yed Dray Chick."

Just to clarify on pronunciation of Joanna's name. It will be so,ething like that - Yoanna Yedzheichik. Zh as in cyrillic "Ж" :)

On her left, Polish Greg Jackson (aka "Greg Yackson"). On her right, Polish Sammo Hung.

10411128_10152621375079254_6168369399928822542_n.jpg

Your welcome, idk currently are there only 5 fighters in ufc sw? Paige vs Beans may be a good match up too. Maybe ufc should hurry and sign a few fighters that didn't make it to tuf like Nina.

I found this kind of funny "She had hoped to debut for Road FC as an in-cage competitor this past year, but reluctantly accepted an opportunity to work as a ring girl in order to develop a fanbase with Road FC." I hope she has potential.

i think thirdpres may have mentioned that albu will also be attempting SW after injury time off. don't quote me on that though! :p:)

i think thirdpres may have mentioned that albu will also be attempting SW after injury time off. don't quote me on that though! :p:)

Yep. I heard she is out for even training until January 2015. LCL is what I recall being mentioned. She should be looking to cut her weight down a little bit during that time frame and then attempt the cut to 115 thereafter.

--

You're welcome JarlSkuld.

--
TUF 20 Stuff

I had no idea Joanna would be pronounced that way. I knew about the J being like Y in English, but not the "anana" part. I was totally wrong about the last name. I guessed it was "Yed Dray Chick."
It sounded like an automated voice that just broke up Joanna into Joan na. Pretty sure it's pronounced Yoanna.

Oh right totally forgot about her it's been awhile lol ufc started her hype so early. physically she looks strong not sure skill wise hopefully her str will match with Claudia.

On her left, Polish Greg Jackson (aka "Greg Yackson"). On her right, Polish Sammo Hung.
lol nice great team.

Lol, that's not even close.

No injury can keep Albu down from doing her chosen thing.

10463042_518463931619329_6225398024181454252_n.jpg

It's a shame that she won't be able to squat for a while in order to maintain that lower body strength. Hope she doesn't lose much muscle mass.

Oh I'm down! I just have to get off my lazy couch and sign up.

Oh good, for a moment there I was afraid people are still busy digging up spare changes from between their couch cushions for that $10 TUF 20 Fantasy League fee :icon_chee

JarlSkuld? ben236? flanellograf? Ashenthorn? Leek? JJLong? Sherdoggy? prometheus? SeverianB? Alex84? VolkHan? BigMuffler? underdogftw? LilMountain? Vigster? Tobago Jones? leto1776? Judoka27? Where are all our usual WMMA fanatics at! :D

Last edited:
Oh good, for a moment there I was afraid people are still busy digging up spare changes from between their couch cushions for that $10 TUF 20 Fantasy League fee :icon_chee

JarlSkuld? ben236? flanellograf? Ashenthorn? Leek? JJLong? Sherdoggy? prometheus? SeverianB? Alex84? VolkHan? BigMuffler? underdogftw? LilMountain? Vigster? Tobago Jones? leto1776? Judoka27? Where are all our usual WMMA fanatics at! :D

That's a sweet setup you have on the TUF 20 page. I'm looking forward to participating!

@Ashenthorn Albu has to be the P4P best assets manager in MMA. Can you imagine if her and Felice ever matched up? The build-up of selfies before the fight might crash the internet.

You know that unless it involves the Karate Hottie in some way, I'm out, right?

Oh wait, I can bet *against* Jessica Penne? Let me search my couch for da money!

I imagine if Van Duin wins and Cyborg vacates the featherweight title we could see Budd vs. Van Duin.

Marloes Coenen being the #2 Featherweight in the world would disagree, and so would I.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back