Official Women's Division Discussion #27

According to this interview, Loma Lookboonmee after finding a proper strength and conditioning program is walking around over 130lbs now. :eek:

https://asianmma.com/loma-lookboonm...-more-well-rounded-as-she-waits-for-ufc-call/

Man, it’s awesome seeing how much this UFC opportunity is helping Loma and her community. I’m gonna root for her in every fight for now on

She can expect to earn more from a single fight than some Muay Thai fighters will in their entire career. Loma has reached the pinnacle of the sport and is making sure that people in her home province of Buriram are also benefitting

“It has definitely changed my life for the better when I go home people come to meet me at the airport and everyone I go people know who I am and I am able to give some donations to try and help the community.”

Last edited:

I think this indirectly might be the real reason why Dana has been open to 105 all of a sudden. The lower weight WMMA divisions are the UFC's only chance at Asian stars. They lucked out to finally get one with Zhang but have not been able to take advantage of it due to the pandemic. I always said the quickest way to have them open a WMMA division is not by social media posts but by having the potential for them to have a star in it.

^ The Dana White keeps disrespecting Carla Esparza. I hate this so much, I'd feel humiliated if I were Carla. Can't even confirm that she's next in line, "probably" he says, while they're still trying to get the other two booked. "She's afraid of coming into the US", "I'm ready but I conveniently wasn't while bookings for Fight Island were happening".

The manager can't get either Rose or Carla the fight? Too bad, bye bitches, onto the next one.

I think this indirectly might be the real reason why Dana has been open to 105 all of a sudden. The lower weight WMMA divisions are the UFC's only chance at Asian stars. They lucked out to finally get one with Zhang but have not been able to take advantage of it due to the pandemic. I always said the quickest way to have them open a WMMA division is not by social media posts but by having the potential for them to have a star in it.

That's an interesting note, makes it more and more likely rose. If this is a ppv we're going to be waiting until may probably. Assuming that Stipe vs Francis 2 is April (and I don't see them going to China.

UFC 261
Could have
Zang vs rose,
Big Comain
___ vs Jingliang (ufc probably hopes hot of a Ponzi win)
Xiaonan vs esparza
___ vs yadong (he should crush Phillips and be ok to turn around quick)
Then fill out prelims with Chinese prospects and win or lose Wu vs Bethe.

This could mean a Straweight fight could main event a PPV

Hope Stamp takes it.

Good step up for Stamp imo.
On paper, it’s her stiffest test to date, certainly her most experienced opponent. When you look past the initial numbers, you can see what ONE is up to. Alyona has only fought twice since 2014: once each in 2018 and 2019.

Also, two atomweight fights being booked this far into the year, with no announcement yet on the Grand Prix, likely spells doom for it.

Random Thai mma gym related post of the season :

Mim Ummarapas (actress, hotel/restaurant owner, and Miss Thailand 2008) opened up a beefy looking mma facility called Marrok Force. I don't know too much about the main coach Will Marrok, but he's one of Bruno Carvalho's students that had been coaching and training at Fairtex. The women's team already notably consists of Denice Zamboanga, Marie Ruumet, and they just picked up Dangkongfah - Channel 8's top Thai fighter fresh off of a win over ONE's Muay Thai champ.

Several other of these resort/mma gym combos have started building women's teams recently. Phuket Fight Club, and Venum Pattaya seem like the most interesting.

Phuket Fight Club has Allycia Rodriguez, and several other Brazilians. Was just a muay thai gym, but towards the end of 2020 opened up a huge mma facility.

Venum also has gyms in France & Vegas, but the Thailand location is sponsoring it's first wmma fighter; Noelle Grandjean who is currently Thailand's national Judo champion at 48kg (previously had been a national judo champion for France & The Netherlands also).

Grandjean trained at Fairtex the last year or so, and while she is a rookie striker she seems like a quick learner & aggressive. Also, already has a face tattoo.

And with Stamp & Wondergirl's success for Fairtex, they've sponsored at least four more teenage Thai boxers. Aphidet, Paifah, Kam, and Gasjang.

Hopefully some of these people make it to big promotions other than just ONE.

Friday January 15, 2021

[MMA] Natal FC 18 Natal, Rio Grande do Norte, Brazil
Main Card – iPPV – 4:30pm ET / 1:30pm PT
Natalia Alves vs. Beatriz Barros
Rafaela das Chagas vs. Claudia Oliveira

[MMA] LFA 97: Browne vs. Estrázulas Park City, Kansas, USA
Main Card – UFC Fight Pass – 9:00pm ET / 6:00pm PT
Loveth Young vs. Kelly D’Angelo
Claire Guthrie vs. Nadine Mandiau

Saturday January 16

[MMA] UFC Fight Night: Holloway vs. Kattar Abu Dhabi, Dubai, UAE
Main Card – ABC / ESPN+ – 3:00pm ET / 12:00pm PT
Preliminary Card – ESPN+ – 12:00pm ET / 9:00am PT
Yanan Wu vs. Joselyne Edwards
Sarah Moras vs. Vanessa Melo

[BOXING] Uribe vs. Puschel Chile
Main Card – iPPV (Eventrid.cl) – 4:00pm ET / 1:00pm PT
Claudia Uribe vs. Iris Puschel

[MMA] Federal Fight 3 Brasilia, Federal District, Brazil
Main Card – iPPV (Acessoaoshow.com) – 6:00pm ET / 3:00pm PT
Laura Fontoura vs. Tayná Lamounier

Sunday January 17

yEfnKKx.jpg

[KICKBOXING] RISE GIRLS POWER 4
Shinjuku, Tokyo, Japan
Main Card – TBD (May Not Broadcast) – 3:30am ET / 12:30am PT

https://grabakahitman.com

I don't know who want to win, hate to see Miranda have a setback so early in the UFC, but I'd really hate to see Robertson be 0-2.

I feel like Robertson experience will get her the sub, but it could easily go like her last fight.

This weekend I'll go with the ufc experience of Wu and cheesecake.

Last edited:
I noticed we have been saying that a lot more often about 125 fights. While the ignorant people in the main area continues to trash the division it slowly keeps getting better and better.

Hopefully they add Erin at some point this year, which would mean some more potentially great fights.

Back