Official Women's Division Discussion #27

Suarez's potential return is great news. I am not a fan of the wrestle-alot type of fighters most of the time, but she gets a pass even in a singlet. That aside, she's got all the potential in the world to go far in the division, so hopefully all her health woes are now history and we can see her make a run for the title. If that happens, and Zhang wins until that, awesome :)

https://www.mmamania.com/2021/1/7/2...fight-against-can-crushing-kayla-harrison-mma

Cyborg criticizing someone for can crushing loool, as if Courtney king isn’t exactly like someone Cyborg would’ve defended her invicta title against 10 years into her MMA Career vs Kayla being 2 years into her’s.
Mma. Mania once again resorting to putting words in people’s mouths to get clicks.that’s not what Cyborg said. Not defending her, mind you, just pointing out more garbage

I am not a fan of the wrestle-alot type of fighters

WatchfulPastKissingbug-max-1mb.gif

I am not a fan of the wrestle-alot type of fighters most of the time

I know what you mean. I am usually the same way. I like wrestlers/grapplers who grapple with a purpose. The ones who are always working towards something. Once they begin to stall I quickly lose interest. That is what made Ronda special. Everything she did lead to an armbar. There was never any stalling.

Sorry if I missed this but I don't remember any posts here

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020...-whitmire-booking-february-27-ufc-fight-night
So Hannah wasn't fired after a disaster of 2020 fights, and has a very winnable one.
Mma math says Hannah > polyana > Emily
So I hope she delivers in 2021 after losing a very winnable fight with Martin.

Also don't know if this was mentioned here https://www.sportskeeda.com/mma/new...ext-the-early-details-ufc-bout-mackenzie-dern

Dern should be a good welcome back fight for nina, but also gives Dern the chance to show how much improved she is and maybe take advantage of some rust.

Who do we like as a comeback fight for Tatiana? I think a matchup with Gadelha is perfect for her strength vs strength even rust she should be stronger and have better gas. Waterson and Torres also favorable top tens for her.
Please not Torres. Tecia's just starting to get her mojo back, but Suarez would almost certainly maul her, and possibly end her streak of never being finished.

Who do we like as a comeback fight for Tatiana? I think a matchup with Gadelha is perfect for her strength vs strength even rust she should be stronger and have better gas. Waterson and Torres also favorable top tens for her.

Yan Xiaonan to see where they're both at, then title shot for the winner.

Can someone please give me the names of what to google for finding the trash can fight?

Yan Xiaonan to see where they're both at, then title shot for the winner.

This kills the Xiaonan. If Suarez performs like she used to before the Ansaroff fight, she'd probably stick to Xiaonan like a gum, and won't separate from her until the final horn sounds.

I'd match up Suarez against Namajunas. They're a good test for each other. Also, one is unreliable, the other is in a risky position where she could be sidelined again if something happens to her neck. Don't kill off a potential title contender (Xiaonan), by matching her up with someone who may or may not fight until 2022/2023.

Can someone please give me the names of what to google for finding the trash can fight?

NXT, Io Shirai, steel cage. Maybe "Takeover" too.

Back