Official Women's Division Discussion #27

The Gods are cruel to us - the Bethe retires, the Bethe is coming back, the Bethe is delayed, the Bethe is postponed indefinitely; this teasing is more mentally torturous than the pandemic...

Last edited:
It looks like Miranda Maverick wont be the in UFC long. She is 1 fight removed from her debut and already complaining about pay. They will put up with that from draws but not someone with no name. So if she gets to the end of her contract without being re-signed we all know why.

I wonder who are giving these fighters career advice. She just has to go by history on how to handle things. Did Maycee Barber complain about pay after her debut? No she put on another impressive performance and got a pretty considerable pay bump. Cynthia Calvillo did the same. You don't have to even have to have impressive performances if you are willing to take late notice fights. Hannah Cifers showed that. Oh well, people go about their career the way they want.

https://www.fighterfans.com/mma/ufc-us/miranda-maverick-talks-wanting-to-make-more-money-in-the-ufc

It looks like Miranda Maverick wont be the in UFC long. She is 1 fight removed from her debut and already complaining about pay. They will put up with that from draws but not someone with no name. So if she gets to the end of her contract without being re-signed we all know why.

I wonder who are giving these fighters career advice. She just has to go by history on how to handle things. Did Maycee Barber complain about pay after her debut? No she put on another impressive performance and got a pretty considerable pay bump. Cynthia Calvillo did the same. You don't have to even have to have impressive performances if you are willing to take late notice fights. Hannah Cifers showed that. Oh well, people go about their career the way they want.

https://www.fighterfans.com/mma/ufc-us/miranda-maverick-talks-wanting-to-make-more-money-in-the-ufc

“I hope, before I get a top 10, that I can get my pay up” Maverick stated. “To where I’m making more than they are when they lose, when I win. I’d like to do that before I face some of the top girls, but I’m ready to go in there, against any of the opponents.”

I fell like what she said was very levelheaded and fair IMO. Don’t see how it could make anyone mad

“I hope, before I get a top 10, that I can get my pay up” Maverick stated. “To where I’m making more than they are when they lose, when I win. I’d like to do that before I face some of the top girls, but I’m ready to go in there, against any of the opponents.”

I fell like what she said was very levelheaded and fair IMO. Don’t see how it could make anyone mad
Pay is not based on your opponent unless you are fighting a champ or someone like Conor. Especially in WMMA divisions where there are not many girls in it to begin with(115 being the exception). So you use those fights to prove you deserve a better contract. You really think the UFC is going to renegotiate a contract with her to fight Viviane Araujo? It will never happen. Like I said before she has Maycee and Cyntha as example to follow on how to get paid way earlier than normal. The second she starts turning down fights because she don't want to fight girls who are getting paid more than her they will treat her like Sarah Kaufman.

Sarah Kaufman will probably never be signed by the UFC again. They are picking girls I never heard of instead of her. Anyone know anything about her?

UFC was probably going to sign Edwards in 2018, but she lost what was supposed to be her showcase fight to Sarah Alpar. She's been on their radar for a minute.

I remember Edwards from when she beat ATT's Trish Cicero in her home country of Panama. Had her down as a boxer but I see she submitted Boom Boom Gonzales. On the positive side she's young, a genuine 135 pounder and black - they need more black women, so that's a plus.

Back