Official Women's Division Discussion #27

It would be stupidity to dont allow her into TUF because of US legal drinking age, mainly when in Czech she can freely drink from 18.

Bleda vs Lima

It's just the law dude, it's not up to the UFC. Unless they took alcohol out of the house, which I doubt they'd do.

I'm fully aboard the Bleda hype train and think she's a potential future UFC champion, but it is what it is. If they don't just sign her immediately (she blew through Lima who got to the cards with current UFC fighter Carolina) then maybe one more fight in Oktagon in around April and then Contender Series in the summer.

I think she'll be in the UFC by the end of the year anyway, she's too good not to be.

It's just the law dude, it's not up to the UFC. Unless they took alcohol out of the house, which I doubt they'd do.

I'm fully aboard the Bleda hype train and think she's a potential future UFC champion, but it is what it is. If they don't just sign her immediately (she blew through Lima who got to the cards with current UFC fighter Carolina) then maybe one more fight in Oktagon in around April and then Contender Series in the summer.

I think she'll be in the UFC by the end of the year anyway, she's too good not to be.
So u cannot have alcohol inside of ur house when u living with someone under 21 in USA? (What a stupidity!)

I agree that she will eventually get signed by UFC, but imagine how much popularity she could gain by dominating in TUF..

BTW Funny fact is that she should have been in Oktagon's "TUF", but commision did not allowed it because she were just 17yo.

So u cannot have alcohol inside of ur house when u living with someone under 21 in USA? (What a stupidity!)

I agree that she will eventually get signed by UFC, but imagine how much popularity she could gain by dominating in TUF..

BTW Funny fact is that she should have been in Oktagon's "TUF", but commision did not allowed it because she were just 17yo.

I think it's that they're not allowed to stay there unsupervised or something with the alcohol there. I don't know the exact rule, I just know it was the reason that PVZ couldn't go into the SW title season of TUF and you know the UFC would have been pulling every string possible to try and get her in there.

I think it's that they're not allowed to stay there unsupervised or something with the alcohol there. I don't know the exact rule, I just know it was the reason that PVZ couldn't go into the SW title season of TUF and you know the UFC would have been pulling every string possible to try and get her in there.

I think it's UFC's decision to bar people of under 21 from the house so they can safely have alcohol there without fears of a clusterfuck/legal problems if an underaged contestant sneaks into the booze cabinets under UFC's watch. At least that is how I seem to vaguely it being written when Van Zant skipped TUF due to being underage. I seem to have the idea that the company running the show and providing the alcohol would be held liable if someone underage got booze there.

Of course might be even some weird legal shenanigans like the house counting as a drinking establishment cause they provide the booze, so nobody under 21 is allowed to live there, but yeah.

Honestly, Bleda is better of not cutting a bunch of weight & just going into the UFC.
Are they still with each other? It's been months since I seen them with each other on any social media. They used to always be with each other.
They don’t follow each other on IG & Tecia has been in her hometown in Massachusetts according to her IG.

This is the update on their Twitter:

No fight removals mentioned, but Watkins is replaced by Jones and the featherweight bout moved to a catchweight, with Shamir Peshewa replacing Courtney King

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/12-ufc-fighters-who-could-be-champion-by-years-end-183242706.html

Its articles like this that make me really appreciate this thread and the mma reddit thread. No hard grudges if you're a media member and you don't follow the women's side closely but the picks in this article are pretty bad.
It's not soo bad since he wants all dark horse picks. Kayla should not be considered a dark horse tho and Ankalaev has a ok chance of a late 2022 shot.

It's a silly article tho.

Another Invicta girl complaining about a lack of fights. I told her to move on from Invicta a couple of months ago but I guess she was not ready to see that this is not the old Invicta anymore. They been more worried about being a named promotion in that movie than actually being a healthy promotion in real life. Hopefully Invicta figure itself out in 2022 because it will mess up a lot of careers if it doesn't.

If anything I hope Invicta can get things sorted because if not that could be fighters getting lost in shuffle who do have potential to be reasonably quality
fighters with a credentialed Promoter (UFC & Bellator among others).

Another Invicta girl complaining about a lack of fights. I told her to move on from Invicta a couple of months ago but I guess she was not ready to see that this is not the old Invicta anymore. They been more worried about being a named promotion in that movie than actually being a healthy promotion in real life. Hopefully Invicta figure itself out in 2022 because it will mess up a lot of careers if it doesn't.

She's like number 2 or 3 on my ufc signing wishlist think she could break into the top 15 sw easy enough. Although didn't she also say she turned down a short notice ufc contract before her title fight? So I can't say I feel too bad for her I'm of the opinion most fighters are better off taking the bad short notice fight to get in the UFC then you can get 2 better matches next now that you have a 3 fight entry contract.

Geltmacher is another talent trapped in Invicta that I think is ufc ready and always fights exciting.

She's like number 2 or 3 on my ufc signing wishlist think she could break into the top 15 sw easy enough. Although didn't she also say she turned down a short notice ufc contract before her title fight? So I can't say I feel too bad for her I'm of the opinion most fighters are better off taking the bad short notice fight to get in the UFC then you can get 2 better matches next now that you have a 3 fight entry contract.

Geltmacher is another talent trapped in Invicta that I think is ufc ready and always fights exciting.
If I remember correctly she accepted the fight but the fight ended falling through anyway. So either the other fighter turned down the fight or they also ended up getting injured. I think this was pre sale and the UFC have not even tried to touch someone from Invicta since the sale. So she might have an uphill battle to get picked up now.

If I remember correctly she accepted the fight but the fight ended falling through anyway. So either the other fighter turned down the fight or they also ended up getting injured. I think this was pre sale and the UFC have not even tried to touch someone from Invicta since the sale. So she might have an uphill battle to get picked up now.
That's aweful.
If that's the case then I do feel really bad for her now.

It looks like Emily Ducote to the UFC was/is much closer to being a reality than any of us knew. After a KO like this they might not just wait for a late notice fight.

"Ducote has a 9-6 record, but she's close to achieving UFC status and was offered a short-notice UFC fight earlier this year before it fell through. "

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/spo...-title-fight-stays-ready-ufc-shot/5594090001/
Found my old post about Ducote. My memory is usually bad but I for some reason remembered this.

Back