Official Women's Division Discussion #27

What in my opinion might have had a part in Felicia Spencer hanging up her gloves was normal world no one leaves
a fight with Amanda Nunes or Cris Cyborg without some type of permanent reminder since both women hit very hard
to the point of there fights being train wrecks if there is a survivor besides them.But on a crazy but true note it is at least
known that Felicia Spencer can take a lot of abuse and still be standing which was evident with the Cyborg & Nunes
fights.

her statement mentions quitting for "future mental health", which i'd guess is code for "avoiding any further CTE down the line". smart move.

Pleased Stamp won, she's a genuine talent. Not sure what people see in Ritu, she tries hard but she's so one dimensional.

Quite surprised and pleased that Stamp won. She normally has very low output and is basically doing as much quarantining as training flying back between Thailand and Singapore. While Ritu just twain daily at Evolve. Ritu really needs to round out her game.

My guess for ONE next Empowered card, if they want to do another all female card.
Feb/Mar next year.

Atomweight Championship
Angela Lee VS Stamp
Atomweight kickboxing Championship
Janet Todd VS Anissa Meksen
Atomweight Title Contender
Seo Hee Ham VS Denice Zamboanga
Atomweight
Ritu Phogat VS Itsuki Hirata

Polish mma association have appointed KK, Joanna, and Przemislaw Ksofjsmfjsis to head the female section to help further the growth of wmma in Poland. At IMMAF this year, the Polish ladies returned with medals, and Guess the guys didn’t? So the pmmaa is working to further the growth of local wmma

Watched the Cheyenne/Mallory fight. Cheyenne looked to be the better striker, faster, better footwork despite Mallory coming forward a lot of the fight. Was not able to get any kind of ground game going either.

Mallory forgot to use the head & arm throw, which is Cheyanne's kryptonite. She tried all kinds of takedowns from the clinch except the head & arm throw and got denied on everything. Looks like her team didn't do their homework and learn from the Ruiz fight where Cheyanne got headlock thrown like 10 times.

I enjoyed the fight. Both of them are not elite but they are about the same level at this early stage of their careers. Cheyanne started putting it on Mallory the longer the fight went on. Once Cheyanne is in a mostly standup fight we know its not going to be boring because she will try to spice things up.

Cheyenne came out like a bat out of hell. Didn’t let up throughout. Impressive performance. I was surprised Martin didn’t get a takedown of signicance. She did keep coming forward and displayed grit.

Earned both women Fight of the Night. As Rizz said, I’m happy when that happens.

Back