Official Women's Division Discussion #27

Speaking of Bruised... the movie came out and Invicta was not able to have an event around NOR even announce one during the premiere times? They had that panel/watch party, yeah, promotional material even that... but seems like a grand wasted opportunity for the randoms who google what that Invicta is when they see the filem. In a week or two they have already forgotten and the moment has passed generally speaking.

Speaking of Bruised... the movie came out and Invicta was not able to have an event around NOR even announce one during the premiere times? They had that panel/watch party, yeah, promotional material even that... but seems like a grand wasted opportunity for the randoms who google what that Invicta is when they see the filem. In a week or two they have already forgotten and the moment has passed generally speaking.

I have given up on Invicta. I thought the buyout would have been good for them but I am having a hard time finding any positives. Invicta was better on Fight Pass. There was a show every 2 months and sometimes 2 a month when adding in the Pheonix Series. Invicta is not even a way for girls on the cusp of getting a call up anymore. LFA has turned into the new feeder league and girls like Loopy are taking advantage of it while Ducote disappears for months at a time.

Yeah, when I think about it that's absolutely stupid.

Invicta hasn't had an event since August and no upcoming events show up on their Tapology page. Are they just done?

Double G FC 11 December 30th Seoul, S. Korea
Vacant Atomweight title: So-Yul Kim 4-1 vs Ye-Rin Hong 3-2
118lb catch: Hyun-Ji Jang 4-4 vs Si-Yoon Park 1-3

We can go to it @luciepudilovamma I will accept the match for the title with an opponent like you, but not 30. 12. Due to health complications, I canceled the match at the Hanuman Cup and the start at the Octagon 30 is still in the game. Therefore, I believe that you are a professional who understands that after such a long break, you cannot prepare for the title match in a month. Give me time to prepare so we can give people a real battle for the @octagonmma title in the best shape we can both.

We can go to it @luciepudilovamma I will accept the match for the title with an opponent like you, but not 30. 12. Due to health complications, I canceled the match at the Hanuman Cup and the start at the Octagon 30 is still in the game. Therefore, I believe that you are a professional who understands that after such a long break, you cannot prepare for the title match in a month. Give me time to prepare so we can give people a real battle for the @octagonmma title in the best shape we can both.

Sensible fight for Szabova imo, if she can convincingly beat Pudilova then she's ready for the UFC. Should be a good style match too, they both go for it.

Will be interesting to see who they find for her.

C. Should be a good style match too, they both go for it
It’s the type of matchup I most look forward to anymore. I want fun fights. UFC just isn’t delivering lately, IMHO. I look at the fights that are closing out the year, and they’re just meh.
LFA, too. Except their recent event, most of their ladies fights are squash matches to get their preferred fighters ready for a Contender Series call up. Reeks of boxing style matchmaking. Hard to lol forward to fights when the results may as well be prearranged.

speaking of LFA:

Last edited:
Ufc Rankings notes:
Santos jumps to #5 as expected.
Vieira moves over yana (who's pregnant anyways) #6, I thought tate would drop but no dice.

Neither sw got in I really think loopy is worthy at this point.

I guess a lot of folk would pooh pooh that opinion but I think it has a lot to commend it, after all many saw her beating the current number 15.

It also illustrates a problem with the rankings in that you're delegating the job to some often incompetent judges. Even worse, if you rely on the rankings to make matches then you've delegated that job as well.

Rankings gained popularity under the benevolent dictatorship of old Nat Fleischer of Ring magazine, a guy who had seen it all from Jack Johnson to Ali. Maybe that's how they should have remained, informed opinions in a magazine or on a popular site.

Matchmakers should make interesting and exciting fights, not be guided by a particular number against a fighter's name, a number often arrived at by some incompetent judging. No wonder folk are complaining about uninspiring matchups.

On a related note, I guess the UFC are making plans for Brianna?

Ufc Rankings notes:
Santos jumps to #5 as expected.
Vieira moves over yana (who's pregnant anyways) #6, I thought tate would drop but no dice.

I'd have Loopy in ahead of Brianna. Brianna's only UFC win is against someone they've now cut.

Back