Official Women's Division Discussion #27

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by PurpleStorm, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Askafan Black Belt

Good matchups in the UFC tomorrow.

Cheering for Hughes against the thespian but expecting a Pinheiro win. Cheering for Loopy but expecting a Loma victory by, um, weight bullying. Is Calderwood's heart really still in this punching for pay business? Maybe not, picking Santos anyway. Tate vs Vieira, no idea, ok Tate by being an old soldier ........ all four fights to go the distance.

2. Mmmmmmma1234 Silver Belt

I'm going with Vieira I don't think tate will have much of a chance honestly her grappling is much worse and her striking isn't good enough to bridge the gap. The real interest is if Ketlen can make a statement with a big sub or grinds it out to a u'd that none care.

Santos fight to lose and I haven't seen her make any huge mistakes before. Since Lee didn't seem excited about a title opportunity maybe Santos can get a nice tko and be a contender.
    *also it's wild to me that in all the rankings jumbling from cynthia loss to lee, Santos moved down and is still ranked under cynthia but tomorrow will fix that unless jojo pulls out a surprise.

Loopy vs Loma is classic striker vs grappling the takedowns loopy was doing on her last opponent will work here with someone 1/2 the height, so I'll go with her.

Pinheiro judo slams to another win.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2021
    werepig, PurpleStorm and Jackonfire like this.
  3. Eater of Souls Guardian of the Gate

Viera
    Santos
    Loma
    Pinheiro

all via dec.

4. leto1776 Sherdog Wet Shaver Platinum Member

Same

Eater of Souls likes this.
  5. aerius Silver Belt

Went out and watched Bruised today.

More or less standard fight movie plot, it ain't winning any awards, but Halle Berry does get naked. Wish it had more training & fight scenes. Final fight between Halle & Valentina was surprisingly well done. They remembered that it's an Invicta fight so you have all the usual Invicta features such as questionable decision making, wild scrambles, and chasing low percentage subs from both fighters. You don't see Valentina's usual suffocating top game and her striking is more sloppy & wilder than what we see in the UFC.

I'd say it's worth a watch on Netflix to support Halle & Valentina.

6. Hellowhosthat If he dies he dies

Awesome, any rumours as to who she's fighting @Tokoloko ?

thatdude21601 and Eater of Souls like this.
  7. Tokoloko Czech MMA on the rise!

Didnt hear any rumours, but i think that it should be Talita Bernardo , Waliczek , Pudilová (BW).... or Bledá in FLW (If Bledá is not signed for TUF.)

8. Xuh Silver Belt

which one of them missed weight?

9. Hellowhosthat If he dies he dies

I think her and Bleda might avoid each other until they make the UFC, they can both get there and they might delay each other if they fight. Pudilova or Bernardo would both be good tests.

I thought about Bleda in TUF and thinking about it I remember Paige VanZant couldn't go in as she was under 21 (legal drinking age in the US) and I wonder if that might stop Bleda.

10. Xuh Silver Belt

Imagine being a 20 year old Czech and finding out you can't drink
    <Ellaria01>

[​IMG]

11. Hellowhosthat If he dies he dies

Can't believe England isn't on that list. Absolutely shocking. We need to up our game.

12. PurpleStorm Chillin Staff Member Senior Moderator

Rizin RENA vs. Yamamoto.

Great fight. Watch it if you can. The lead up. The tribute for KID Yamamoto. The walkouts. The fight. The stunning ending. The post fight elation and tears.

Before the opening bell both fighters look fiercely determined. They touch gloves. Yamamoto comes out strong & hits a takedown. Rena gets free and it returns to the feet. Rena displays her striking arsenal. Shooto! Miyuu gets Rena down again and from top position reigns down vicious ground and pound. An elbow to Rena's face opens a cut above her left eye. Rena gets it standing again. She has greatly improved her get up abilities. Another exchange. Miyuu hits another takedown. From her back, Rena may have a head & arm choke. Yamamoto fends it off with athletic moves during the scrambles. Rena nearly gets an arm bar as the round ends.

Yamamoto is clearly ahead. Rena's cut is opening up and getting worse. It's very deep and above the left eye. Announcers are wondering if soon they may have to call the fight due to the gash. Miyuu swoops in for another takedown. Rena reads it perfectly. Starts with left knee then suddenly switches to right knee. The knee connects straight to Miyuu's right jaw & face. Miyuu is on all fours. Rena quickly mounts her from behind. Rena reigns down heavy blows. Miyuu sinks to the ground and isn't fighting back. It's over. Rena by TKO round two. Another spectacular finish for Rena. Miyuu sinks to the ground crying.

Post-fight, both fighters thank everyone and the crowd. They each say they will be back.

13. Tokoloko Czech MMA on the rise!

It would make most sense, but there is bad blood between these two after their Oktagon Underground fight.... and its not that long ago when Szabova said that she will come for Bleda to FLW after her decision to leave BW.

(Its not classic mma and point system was weird.)

But there is chance that OKTAGON wont allow this fight to protect both of them. So most likely fight vs Bernardo and then title fight vs Pudilova.

14. leto1776 Sherdog Wet Shaver Platinum Member

<Oku02>

15. leto1776 Sherdog Wet Shaver Platinum Member

Invicta stole my idea! I mean, I wasn’t going to have a panel, but I was going to do a watch party Wednesday night.

16. Jackonfire BMF Mod Staff Member Senior Moderator

I've got the same picks. Went back and forth on Loma vs Loopy as I can see a path to victory for each fighter.

PurpleStorm and Eater of Souls like this.
  17. thatdude21601 Bananarama Belt

18. Eater of Souls Guardian of the Gate

Same (Loma/Loopy) so I went with Loma because I have a Muay Thai bias.

PurpleStorm, werepig and Jackonfire like this.
  19. Rizz Brown Belt

Interesting that so many people are not believers in Tate 2.0. I am also not a believer in Tate 2.0 but you don't have to be a world beater to beat some of these girls in top 10 at 135. So I am a bit conflicted. I might be able to be me concrete in my thoughts on Tate 2.0 after this fight.

Eater of Souls and werepig like this.
  20. werepig Smashed Avocado on Toast Belt

vieira 2.0 is also an interesting question

Eater of Souls and Rizz like this.