Official Women's Division Discussion #27

Covid messed up Muay Thai scene so bad, Lumpini is allowing not just women to fight after 70-year ban but also MMA fighters to compete at the stadium lol

Crazy to think that these stadium heads are the same ones that lobbied to ban MMA in Thailand years ago.

At the end of the day, anything is good as long as it makes money for you.

Friday November 19, 2021

[MMA/KICKBOXING] RIZIN 32 Okinawa, Japan
Main Card – iPPV (Live-Now) – 12:00am ET / 9:00pm PT
Rena Kubota vs. Miyuu Yamamoto
Mizuki Oshiro vs. Aira Koga

Saturday November 20

[KICKBOXING] Krush 131 Bunkyo, Tokyo, Japan
Main Card – ABEMA TV – 4:00am ET / 1:00am PT
Miyu Sugawara vs. Mio Tsumura
Koji Ikeda vs. Kazuki Fujita
Mako Yamada vs. Chan Lee
Shizuka vs. Keito Weerasakreck

[MMA] UFC Fight Night: Vieira vs. Tate Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Main Card – ESPN+ – 6:00pm ET / 3:00pm PT
Ketlen Vieira vs. Miesha Tate
Joanne Wood vs. Taila Santos
Preliminary Card – ESPN+ – 3:00pm ET / 12:00pm PT
Loma Lookboonmee vs. Lupita Godinez
Luana Pinheiro vs. Sam Hughes

[MMA] BTC 13: Power St Catharines, Ontario, Canada
Main Card – iPPV – 6:00pm ET / 3:00pm PT
Sarah Kaufman vs. Jessy Miele

Sunday November 21

[MMA] DEEP Osaka Impact 2021 Osaka, Japan
Main Card – iPPV – 2:15am ET / 11:15pm PT
Asumi Komatsuzaki vs. Reina Kobayashi

[MMA] Fury FC 54 Houston, Texas, USA
Main Card – UFC Fight Pass – 5:30pm ET / 2:30pm PT
Itzel Esquivel vs. Celine Haga
Preliminary Card – YouTube / Facebook – 3:30pm ET / 12:30pm PT

more at https://grabakahitman.com

Friday November 19, 2021

[MMA/KICKBOXING] RIZIN 32 Okinawa, Japan
Main Card – iPPV (Live-Now) – 12:00am ET / 9:00pm PT
Rena Kubota vs. Miyuu Yamamoto
Mizuki Oshiro vs. Aira Koga

Saturday November 20

[KICKBOXING] Krush 131 Bunkyo, Tokyo, Japan
Main Card – ABEMA TV – 4:00am ET / 1:00am PT
Miyu Sugawara vs. Mio Tsumura
Koji Ikeda vs. Kazuki Fujita
Mako Yamada vs. Chan Lee
Shizuka vs. Keito Weerasakreck

[MMA] UFC Fight Night: Vieira vs. Tate Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Main Card – ESPN+ – 6:00pm ET / 3:00pm PT
Ketlen Vieira vs. Miesha Tate
Joanne Wood vs. Taila Santos
Preliminary Card – ESPN+ – 3:00pm ET / 12:00pm PT
Loma Lookboonmee vs. Lupita Godinez
Luana Pinheiro vs. Sam Hughes

[MMA] BTC 13: Power St Catharines, Ontario, Canada
Main Card – iPPV – 6:00pm ET / 3:00pm PT
Sarah Kaufman vs. Jessy Miele

Sunday November 21

[MMA] DEEP Osaka Impact 2021 Osaka, Japan
Main Card – iPPV – 2:15am ET / 11:15pm PT
Asumi Komatsuzaki vs. Reina Kobayashi

more at https://grabakahitman.com

Blue chip prospect Josefine Knutsson is fighting Lachnana Green on Fight Club Rush on Fight Pass on Saturday too.

I see my hero Itzel is fighting (I'm a fan purely because I think her name sounds cool. best reason) and was pleased at the prospect of her kicking some butt, but then I look again and see she's fighting @JarlSkuld 's hero Celine.
Wat do?
<Ellaria01>

I don’t care how well she does, I can never get behind Luana Pinheiro after her award winning performance in her last fight. She took the easy way out.

Don’t forget, it’s RIZIN fight week:
0D56FF02-83BD-4AC8-8EB9-D84937F788FF.jpeg
a headlining rematch years in the making. They met for Miyuu’s mma debut, and only RENA’s second fight. Both have changed a lot since then. Also, big revenge storyline for Yamamoto. Her late brother KID told her she’d beat RENA next time.

673C1FEB-5E2D-4B36-AE25-5F7054E77559.jpeg

Getting a DEEP JEWELS bout on a RIZIN card. Essentially what RIZIN should have done all year, since their a\super atomweight division has been suffering due to travel restrictions.

I see my hero Itzel is fighting (I'm a fan purely because I think her name sounds cool. best reason) and was pleased at the prospect of her kicking some butt, but then I look again and see she's fighting @JarlSkuld 's hero Celine.
Wat do?
<Ellaria01>

Can never go against Celine (Yay!), you know this. She's getting a long-in-the-tooth, but I'll always be a fan because she is a sweetie, fights until the very end (ask Amy Montenegro), she's an old school grappler, she went through the gauntlet of Japanese WMMA as an "outsider" (basically getting matched up against killers when she was just starting out), and she kept going even when her record was 1-11 (and most fighters would just give up). She got absolutely screwed and lost some other questionable decisions and still kept going. War Celine Forever!

Calderwood seems to be trying to light a fire under her own butt: an ultimatum of title fight in the next four. That might be exactly what she needs since she has a habit of getting right the doorstep and then not pressing the doorbell. And, I mean, would she do any worse than Murphy in a title fight?

Jarl

Things just got a lot scarier for Itzel Esquibel on Sunday. Haha out with the coof
E0C15056-CA50-4E17-BA5F-5B69F26CAACC.png

Melissa Odessa replacing here

Fun weekend of fights.

Look forward to the rematch of RENA & Yamamoto. Gotta go with my favorite RENA, by decision.

Ketlen Vieira vs. Miesha Tate. Second fight of Tate's comeback journey. A more skilled opponent this time around. Good test for both. Viera by tko.

Joanne Wood vs. Taila Santos. Santos by tko.

Loma Lookboonmee vs. Lupita Godinez. Fun match up. Loma's relentless in her stand up game and Loopy's exciting to watch. Loma by decision.

Luana Pinheiro vs. Sam Hughes. Pinheiro by sub.

Wishing Haga a speedy recovery.

Gotta give hespect to a 47 year old woman with three kids for being in that kind of shape.

To be fair, Rena won't be 47 for another 17 years and she doesn't know about the three kids we're having yet.

I can confirm she still looks great after having them though.
<{1-7}>

now excuse me, I just have to go check this weekend's results before going to the bookies later (or do I mean earlier?)...
back-to-the-future-disappearance.gif

Good matchups in the UFC tomorrow.

Cheering for Hughes against the thespian but expecting a Pinheiro win. Cheering for Loopy but expecting a Loma victory by, um, weight bullying. Is Calderwood's heart really still in this punching for pay business? Maybe not, picking Santos anyway. Tate vs Vieira, no idea, ok Tate by being an old soldier ........ all four fights to go the distance.

Back