Official Women's Division Discussion #27

getting dem picks in early
<20>
Loopy/Carolina: This could be interesting on the feet due to the size difference but I imagine Loopy will womanhandle Luana to the mat at some point and sub her with ease because Carolina is dread-ful on the mat (geddit). At least her knees will probably remain intact this time.
Loopy SUB (RNC) Rd 1

Interstellar Nunes vs Ariane Carny:
I love the matchmaker's humour here: Nunes is back after a 2 yr ban for ANABOLIC STEROIDS before even her 1st UFC fight #justbrazilianthings, so having patiently sat out her ban they book her against the nattiest girl on the roster, fellow Brazilian Carnalossi. I find myself rooting for Nunes anyway, who knows how the fight will go after years away, I guess Carny will hulk smesh but then again she was KO'd by Hill and Nunes is also a striker so...?
Carny TKO (2) edit: i'm changing to Nunes TKO for no reason other than she looks in shape and Carny sucks, she's just a crap Andrade (who is already crap). Winner should be 'rewarded' with a fight vs the actual Andrade.
Andrade...
wwe-triple-h.gif

Fiorot/Silva: I thought 'the beast' was an odd name for a Blond Frenchie Girlie fighter but when I've brought her up IRL I find myself telling people '... she's a beast!' so I guess I understand now.
I think Fiorot will comfortably win the standing, Silva is 'sub or bust' as they say and I don't think Fiorot is silly enough to play that game for too long... is she?
Fiorot DEC

Ladd/Dumont: Le upset! I had a feeling Dumont would beat Spencer but was still impressed that she did (and fairly comfortably too). That makes her the official 'best of the rest' 145 champ in my imagination. You could compare Spencer with Ladd: both deadly on top (fnarr), but not amazing at takedowns, Spencer arguably has better standup and certainly has a better (and bigger) chin. Norma is a strapping young lady (kinda like Jennifer Connolley crossed with Gabi Garcia) and I'm sure she can keep Aspen standing up and beat her there, can she stop her maybe...? I'd kinda imagine Norma might fade over 5 rounds and be in danger late if not. Also given both their histories, will either of them make weight even at 145?
Dumont TKO rd3

edit to add: although I don't think there'll be 4 bonuses this time (unless @Askafan wills it), all the fights do seem to have considerably above average entertainment potential.

Last edited:
Amanda Borg has a fight listed this evening at 'Colosseum Combat 55' for people who like to keep an eye on such things...

This week's UFC card isn't easy to predict with no obvious favourites as far as I can make out.

The UFC seem to treat Brazilian drug busts in two ways, immediate dismissal or sit out your two years. Maybe the sit-outs are just gals who haven't debuted but I'm going to assume it's because the UFC see something worth keeping, so I'm picking Nunes here.

Seem to remember that Bueno Silva had a stand-up war with another boxer, that rarely spotted bird, the Ukrainian Warbler. I see this as another close match-up and a possible upset. Don't really want to tarnish my recent record but FOTN.

Like all right-thinking citizens I'm on the Loopy train but it's hard to figure out why she's so heavily favoured against the gangly Brazilian. Hoping I'm wrong but Carolina by reach advantage.

Ladd vs Dumont? I'll take the scary lady from the woods over the jelly and blacmange treat in this one.

Thanks bud. It may take a while to get the hang of things. Still keep running out of likes just like always. Switching it up. Who do you like in Ladd v. Dumont this weekend? I'm leaning Ladd but haven't made a tap pick yet. :)
my picks have been terrible recently so this week i'm going against my heart along with the most likely outcome, the heavy hands boys call it "sadness-hedging"
carnelossi by decision
godinez by decision
fiorot by tko
dumont by tko/dec

these picks make me sad, esp. bueno silva one - i love her bc of her wiliness but she's a bit fragile and probably wouldn't wanna eat too many blows from fiorot... that said if anything other result happens i'd be pleasantly surprised.

damn alexa is RIPPED <Eek2.0> the more i think about this fight the more i like it

Where to watch a couple of cards this weekend:

Friday October 15, 2021
[MMA] Combate Global Miami, Florida
Main Card – Paramount+ / Univision – 12:00am ET / 9:00pm PT
Diana Mendoza vs. Stephanie Irurzo
Preliminary Card – Paramount+ – 11:00pm ET / 8:00pm PT

Saturday October 16
[MMA]
UFC Fight Night: Ladd vs. Dumont
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Main Card – ESPN+ – 7:00pm ET / 4:00pm PT
Norma Dumont vs. Aspen Ladd
Manon Fiorot vs. Mayra Bueno Silva
Preliminary Card – ESPN+ – 4:00pm ET / 1:00pm PT
Sijara Eubanks vs. Luana Carolina
Ariane Carnelossi vs. Istela Nunes

For more please visit https://grabakahitman.com

Loopy could not even close to the 125lb mark. She weighed in at 121.5lbs. This does not bode well for her as she will be severely undersized on fight night. I hope she can pull out the win because that will make her a legend in my book.

Loopy could not even close to the 125lb mark. She weighed in at 121.5lbs. This does not bode well for her as she will be severely undersized on fight night. I hope she can pull out the win because that will make her a legend in my book.

Yeah, I was quite surprised that she weighed in that light - not quite as surprised as I was to see Ladd making (even the increased) weight without dying, but still very much so. Hopefully it doesn't end up badly for her (and a Win would indeed be all sorts of awesome)

Where 3.5 lbs under could be a advantage is she can possibly can go wide open the whole time
without getting tired since she won't be a heavy fighter like her opponent who is a true Flyweight
that will possibly be hampered by carrying extra lbs.

Judging by her Cornerman(?)'s top, is Val's nickname in the movie 'Killer'? That seems.... appropriate :D

Where 3.5 lbs under could be a advantage is she can possibly can go wide open the whole time
without getting tired since she won't be a heavy fighter like her opponent who is a true Flyweight
that will possibly be hampered by carrying extra lbs.

It usually works the other way round, having to 'carry' the heavier opponent's weight will make the smaller fighter have to work harder and tire more, etc

but Loopy smesh anyway

Back