Official Women's Division Discussion #27

For ages I thought Alpar was Lisa Spangler, wouldn't be surprised if the UFC made the same mistake. Other than that I'm going with Bueno Silva and Dern.

15 female bonuses paid out since they started fighting behind closed doors, wonder who'll get one tonight?

After last week's brilliant 1-3 (thanks for the reminder @SeverianB) maybe I'll top it by going 0-3.

70810-2018529.png

Last edited:
I glanced at the weigh in faceoff video this morning. It wasn't a great angle, but Dern looked to be in by far the best condition I have ever seen her. If so, good for her.

For ages I thought Alpar was Lisa Spangler, wouldn't be surprised if the UFC made the same mistake. Other than that I'm going with Bueno Silva and Dern.

15 female bonuses paid out since they started fighting behind closed doors, wonder who'll get one tonight?
They do look alike, but Alpar was impressive enough on her contenders series bout that I think they knew lol. I would love to see Spangler in the UFC sooner rather than later though, if Clark wins, her & Spangler would be a very fun fight.

Hopefully:

Markos
Silva
Jess

Not gonna guess in an "analytical" way cause my understanding is on the level of "this entertains me" and "this doesn't entertain me" :confused:

last week's fights were predictably good (maybe it helped for others that Joke Sloke primed the dummies into thinking they wouldn't be?) but unfortunately this weeks look like they're likely gonna suck somewhat to me, get ready for the boo boys...

Clark/Alpar: I've always found Jess very boring, has no power & no grappling. Alpar meanwhile only has semi-decent takedowns, is uncoordinated and has horrific standup, which always goes down well with the wider crowd. I guess Jess might win a boringish decision (unless Alpar takes her down a lot and wins a boringer decision). The cause of the women's struggle will not be advanced.

Bueno/Borella: The return of half of the WMMA fight of the year! I'm talking about Bueno/Moroz of course, two fighters aggressively going at it showing tactics and all-round MMA skillz. It's the 5 or so fighters like that that make WMMA worth having in the UFC even if we have to sit through the rest of them putting on brawls that always go to decision, like Joanna and Weili (am I doing this right?)... I pick Bueno by finish (by KO or sub!) and make it at least a bit entertaining, if Borella doesn't LnP her too much...

Markos/Dern: Reminder that Randa's last fight (where she wanted to avoid TD's) was maybe the worst fight of 2019. In this fight she always wants to avoid TDs.... I think she's declining and might lose 2 in a row soon (gasp) but I watched an interview with her last week and now I want to pick her and root for her to win anyway. At least Dern will make it exciting by being aggressive and brings the threat of an instasub if it hits the mat (plus the possibly Randa might derp at any moment and let it go there is also always present). But I'll go with Randa by (possibly boring-ish) decision.

Um, damn.

Also:

Those sundaes look expensive! can we start a hate mob on Roxy for eating expensive food? :mad:

Hopefully she gets a $1000 one for when she beats Val to claim the title - she'd deserve it - bet ppl wouldn't hate her for that either :rolleyes: (nor should they, btw)

Those sundaes look expensive! can we start a hate mob on Roxy for eating expensive food? :mad:

Hopefully she gets a $1000 one for when she beats Val to claim the title - she'd deserve it - bet ppl wouldn't hate her for that either :rolleyes: (nor should they, btw)

Why would anyone hate on Roxy? Well, other than the incels here? Roxy is so cool even an asshole like me appreciates her.

Did Lisa Verzosa quit taking blood thinner since i noticed unlike all of her previous fights
where she ended up being a blood donor that was not the case Thursday night since she
didn't lose any blood just minimal track marks on her face.

I'm going say,
Markos keeps the streak alive.
Silva to get an impressive finish.
And Alpar as JRC finds a way to lose

I have in mind the amount of hate another fighter gets for eating sundaes.

Yeah, I have no problem with that. Her money her business. I mean, every now and again I buy a really good Barolo because both the wife and I love it. More than I should spend but, well, it is just the two of us so fuck it.

Did Lisa Verzosa quit taking blood thinner since i noticed unlike all of her previous fights
where she ended up being a blood donor that was not the case Thursday night since she
didn't lose any blood just minimal track marks on her face.
Can't hit or be hit when your out of striking distance 90% of the fight.

Back