Official Women's Division Discussion #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
PThe only UFC fighter I can remember missing 135 is Pennington and that was partly thanks to Nunes giving her a case of hypothyroidism.

Pennington (Denver 11/18) - 138lbs
Ladd (Atlantic City 4/18) - 138lbs
Ladd (Tuf 7/17) - Withdrawn with "food poisoning"
Gina Mazany (Halifax 2/17) 139.5lb

There was also Nunes last minute withdrawal for whatever reason...

Thats since early weigh-ins

135 female has the fourth worst rate of weight-miss of all the UFC divisions (just under 5% of fighters missing weight)

It just has very few fights

DzjOgU7WwAYPuOr

Chiasson is scheduled to fight Mazany at bantamweight in just over a week, so we'll soon find out.

Who is also a big girl for 135

Anyone here read/post on reddit's r/wmma? It looks like there's only 3 people on it...

Anyone here read/post on reddit's r/wmma? It looks like there's only 3 people on it...

I occasionally go there for the video links. As long as I’m on the subject, can anyone suggest a good site or sites to catch WMMA fights? I have Fightpass, so I’m thinking more about the Asian promotions and such. I don’t care if I’d be watching them well after the fact.

Seems some nerd hacked Gillian Robertson's instagram account right before her Prague fight, she's justifiably pissed.

Gillian is one of those who only qualifies for a single cornerman and that's usually her mentor Din Thomas. This time he's otherwise engaged with the upcoming Woodley fight, so her pal Kayla Hracho is flying to Prague from Johannesburg where she's been involved with the EFC tournament.

I check it out everyday, great place to follow the sport. The fact that there's no random posting is a bonus.

UFC 2 was what got me into MMA. Friend recommended it since I like pro wrestling (you need to see the real stuff).

What got me into WMMA was was matching my first one live in 2006 (Molly Helsel vs. Liz Posener) a month later I covered my first and only UFC event and got to ask Dana White if they were going to add women eventually. He was actually cordial about the subject back then (said not enough to facilitate it).

Things ramped up when I interviewed Kaitlin Young before she faced Gina.

I have a random question for people here. If you can remember, what got you into MMA and WMMA?

This might sound cliché but my 1st introduction into MMA was the Forrest vs Bonnar fight. I had never known MMA existed before that fight. I never cared for combat sports and after that fight I was still extremely casual. During my time as a casual fan I seen a Matt Serra fight where they were doing crazy stuff on the ground that really turned me into an MMA fan. I don't remember who he was fighting but I remember he wore white shorts and it was an exciting display of BJJ.

This might also sound cliché but Ronda is what got me into WMMA. I was watching Strikeforce and saw other WMMA fights but it did not click until Ronda started destroying people. The amount of hype she built during that time period was amazing. However, my favorite time period as a fan of WMMA was when Invicta had a ton of talent. Their cards were the best. If someone were to call me an Invicta shill at that time they would be right. The cards were always packed with exciting fights. Everyone knew they were not making much money but no one cared. They just loved to fight and you saw it in their performances. I love that they are getting paid more now but once money got involved the excitement level of the fights went down a lot.

I occasionally go there for the video links. As long as I’m on the subject, can anyone suggest a good site or sites to catch WMMA fights? I have Fightpass, so I’m thinking more about the Asian promotions and such. I don’t care if I’d be watching them well after the fact.

For me it's difficult too as I forget which promotions are involved & which have libraries. Hoping others will provide more info.

Anyone familiar with Sexy Star from Lucha Underground? Apparently she's 5-0 in boxing, and just signed with Combate Americas to fight MMA.
Combate Americas signs undefeated boxer and former wrestling champion Dulce García

I have watched her "rassling" matches. I heard she is known for "shooting" on other performers. Perhaps she has skills that will translate well into MMA.

I would have thought it was a no-brainer to keep her (Pannie), it's not as if they're stacked with bantamweights anyway and she has a lot more marketability than most.[/QUOTE]

If she would just show up to all the weigh-ins in her American flag bikini, she'll soon have many new UFC "fans".

And...War Celine! (Yay!)

Jarl

PVZ just won, so they’ll hurry up and book her for another fight. Same with Cringey Calvillo. They’ll have her booked before the end of next week, if not the end of this week.

Same fighters always getting pushed.
PVZ will fall flat on her face when she gets matched up with someone decent again. UFC loves that she actually managed to win a fight again and tries to make the best of it while the iron is semi-hot :)

Now we see why Reebok Dropped PVZ. They chose to use that money to pick up Thug Rose and Maycee instead.

good choice, looks like Reebok has finally spotted the women that can fight :)

Well, she definitely isn’t making 115 anytime soon.

Wow ufc media rankers were on point here, she was removed this update, and Zhang now #15. Sad they never bothered removing McMann still tho.
And interesting Andrea Lee moves to #10 after beating former 11 AES who was beaten right out of the rankings and Shevchenko now #15.

How can that which is already fat get more fat?

I ain't gonna touch any fat jokes after a certain Featherweight missed by 10.3 lbs last
week at Invicta FC 34 but I just want to see Mackenzie have a healthy child and hopefully
a good conditioning program when she can return to the gym after her pregnancy.

fite.tv has One and the like

Android app is fairly good, Roku app is so so, or they have web interface as well

Status
Not open for further replies.