Official Women's Division Discussion #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
In not news department, I got my first piece of MMA merchandise in the mail :)

View attachment 786688

I'll have to see if it's still possible to get you one of these somehow, it'd be perfect for you. :)

7bd2c32f96353fcbaf951d71a25b31fe.jpg

1441b180218978e8717c52977b3cea42.jpg

Plus when Weili loses her belt, you'll already have the next champ's shirt in your wardrobe so you can still walk down the street feeling like a winner.

I like it!
I might actually stop hating Andrade at 125 too. At 115 I feel she's just too abnormally strong for 97% of the division to be able to compete with and that triggers me. 125 would be interesting though as is an Eye fight...

93% actually. Last time I checked there's around 40 fighters in the WSW division and 3 of them have beaten Andrade. ;)
Personally, I find it entertaining to watch Andrade Hulk smash her opponents, her strength is clearly her strength.

93% actually. Last time I checked there's around 40 fighters in the WSW division and 3 of them have beaten Andrade. ;)
Personally, I find it entertaining to watch Andrade Hulk smash her opponents, her strength is clearly her strength.

u did the math huh... 97% as a guess was close enough ;)

TBF Andrade was 1-1 with one of those and almost made her dieded.
I don't find it entertaining to see skilled fighters fighting an uphill battle like that. Clawdja agrees ;)

I think it's more of an issue for me in the female divisions where massive physical advantages are more likely to be unsurmountable, & especially where the whiff of Acai is in the air...

u did the math huh... 97% as a guess was close enough ;)

TBF Andrade was 1-1 with one of those and almost made her dieded.
I don't find it entertaining to see skilled fighters fighting an uphill battle like that. Clawdja agrees ;)

I think it's more of an issue for me in the female divisions where massive physical advantages are more likely to be unsurmountable, & especially where the whiff of Acai is in the air...

Out of curiosity...How do you feel about Weili Zhang then? She is even stronger the Andrade

Out of curiosity...How do you feel about Weili Zhang then? She is even stronger the Andrade

I've never seen Zhang (or any woman) give a performance like Andrade vs Penne or Hill where she just walked through them like the the T-800 and brutally pummeled them with wide hooks. Was like watching a meathead college kid battering a kindergartner. Do not want.

Also gonna need those gym stats that prove Zhang is stronger. ;)

Last edited:
Invicta highlights:

My favorite performances were from Erin Blanchfield, Kaitlyn Young & Montserrat Ruiz.

History will be made in Shooto tomorrow:

Also, the new Deep Jewels micro weight belt:

Stamp looked good in ONE although it was a weird stoppage. I think she has potential, but it'll be interesting to see how she gets matched up over there and whether there's a route to big US promotions or if she just spends her whole career in ONE where she can do MMA and Muay Thai.

Manon Fiorot improved to 3-1 over at UAE Warriors following a TKO over Corinne Laframboise (5-4) late in the third round. It was a fairly lopsided fight with Fiorot showing off a well-rounded game, I was quite impressed with her ground skills and she looks pretty big for 125. Laframboise was game throughout the fight and kept coming forward despite getting bloodied up but Fiorot seemed to dictate where the fight went from start to finish.

Brave booked Fiorot against Malin Hermansson for one of their events in March before it was cancelled due to COVID, wouldn't mind seeing that fight later this year.

OK did a analytical watch of Erin's fight. Man, I really love what I see from her. I don't know if she will reach her potential but she might be one of the best actual prospects in WMMA right now. I think she is ready for the Contender or the bottom floor of the UFC.

She needs to be on the major prospect plan. Put her on the contender to build her hype with a winnable fight like they did Maycee or sign her directly and feed her the bottom of the 125 division for 2 or 3 fights then start increasing the difficulty. This might be the most excited I have been for a young prospect in awhile.

Cons:
Striking:
Way too many naked kicks.
Punches look weak but she gets a surprising amount of stuns or knockdowns.

Pros:
General:
Cardio was not an issue.

Striking Defense:
She parried a lot more punches with her hands than I expected.
Surprisingly good head movement.
Very good at catching kicks. She even caught a leg kick.
Circles to opponents off hand when evading.
Not afraid of getting hit

Grappling:
Her ground game is top notch. We knew this since she won EBI.
Was able to eventually take he opponent down every time she wanted to with a good amount of trips and takedowns. Dern needs to improve on this.

Has a fighter ever gone 1-4 in invicta before? I’m feeling like probably not.

I was thinking Ashley Smashley but when I checked she went 1-3. Also noticed she won a fight by knee on the neck choke. ........... I'm saying nothing.

I've never seen Zhang (or any woman) give a performance like Andrade vs Penne or Hill where she just walked through them like the the T-800 and brutally pummeled them with wide hooks. Was like watching a meathead college kid battering a kindergartner. Do not want.

Also gonna need those gym stats that prove Zhang is stronger. ;)

Yeah. I would be extremely surprised to find out that any woman at 115 is stronger than Andrade.

Just finished Invicta replay (due to time zones and workweek).

Calp was cool, interested in seeing her next fight.

Glad that Kaitlin (not too) Young won dominantly, but was she that slow due to age or the fact it was a 145lbs fight? Not bad, but slow as a female featherweight. I seem to remember she was much swifter as a bantamweight, but that also was quite some years ago.

Blanchfield is bueno. Bueno excelente. :) And Ruiz did really well.

All in all, enjoyed every fight, gud show.

Do i need glasses or am i seeing things right that Jennifer Maia made championship weight at
124.5 lbs since i haven't seen that in a while with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.