Official Women's Division Discussion #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did things go wrong with Janaisa Morandin since she started at 105 and blew that
option when she was way too heavy prior to her first Invicta fight then 3 missed weights in
a row at Invicta where now it looks like she might be fighting at 125 if Shannon Knapp adopted
the John Lineker Rule (must move up if missed weight too many times).

Morandin would be tiny at 125, while this time it wasn't as bad of a miss as it was for her last fight I hope she gets things sorted for her next one.
-----
Jamey-Lyn Horth Wessels (4-0) is on the Contender Series, opponent TBA (could be Chelsea Hackett)

Update:
I like this season's roster a lot compared to the previous ones.

Last edited:
Morandin would be tiny at 125, while this time it wasn't as bad of a miss as it was for her last fight I hope she gets things sorted for her next one.
-----
Jamey-Lyn Horth Wessels (4-0) is on the Contender Series, opponent TBA (could be Chelsea Hackett)

Update:
I like this season's roster a lot compared to the previous ones.

Just checked out some of their fights on Fightpass. Hackett is going to murder Jamey-Lyn

Anyone got a rundown on Hackett? I been hearing about her for a long time but know nothing about her. I was surprised to see she is only 3-0 after hearing about her so much.

Anyone got a rundown on Hackett? I been hearing about her for a long time but know nothing about her. I was surprised to see she is only 3-0 after hearing about her so much.

She like a 2 time World Muay Thai Champion that transtioned into MMA early. She's only 20 years old and a FAR better striker than most of the WMMA roster. Plus her grappling is pretty damn good. Girls are going to have tough time trying to take her down.

She is a prospect to look out for.

She like a 2 time World Muay Thai Champion that transtioned into MMA early. She's only 20 years old and a FAR better striker than most of the WMMA roster. Plus her grappling is pretty damn good. Girls are going to have tough time trying to take her down.

She is a prospect to look out for.

Oooh I'm so here for an impressive striker with good grappling. WMMA needs those type of fighters, versatile fighters.

Also, Wikipedia has Calderwood vs Maia as the co-main for this weekend's card. I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere though, this card was sketchy from the get go.

On that topic, with Holm vs Aldana, and Vieira vs Kunitskaya off this card, my interest is very low now. Respect to Joanne for taking the short notice fight against a bigger opponent, but I'm taking Jennifer by decision.

Just noticed that this is Janaisa's 4th/5th weight miss ONLY counting her Invicta career

1st time vs Jin Yhu Frey, fight was cancelled
2nd time, she pulled out against Inoue for an undisclosed reason a few weeks prior (may or not have been her weight, I think it was)
3rd time against against Van Buren where she was supposed to be in the Phoenix Tournament, fight was cancelled because of it
4th time was against Emily Ducote
and now 5th time against Montserrat Ruiz

Crazy to think she used to compete at 105. Something else interesting is Jin Yhu Frey said that she knew the weight would most likely be a problem for Janaisa hence why she refused to accept the fight, so I wonder how many times she missed before than lol damn

I wonder why she struggles so much as she looks very lean

Once again beaten to the punch by Rizz
<Oku01>

So, why does Invicta even bother crowning champions anymore, outside of atomweight?

And Featherweight. They haven't touched Sorenson with a twenty feet long stick, even though she's great.

I think it's pretty natural now though! Because of this pandemic fights are on bigger jeopardy than before, if they have to look for a replacement, I'd be looking at the best Invicta has to offer too. Otherwise you get people like Mazany back in the mixture. I don't think Stoliarenko has much of a chance against Yana, much less in such short notice for both, but at least she finally got her contract.

Just noticed that this is Janaisa's 4th/5th weight miss ONLY counting her Invicta career

1st time vs Jin Yhu Frey, fight was cancelled
2nd time, she pulled out against Inoue for an undisclosed reason a few weeks prior (may or not have been her weight, I think it was)
3rd time against against Van Buren where she was supposed to be in the Phoenix Tournament, fight was cancelled because of it
4th time was against Emily Ducote
and now 5th time against Montserrat Ruiz

Crazy to think she used to compete at 105. Something else interesting is Jin Yhu Frey said that she knew the weight would most likely be a problem for Janaisa hence why she refused to accept the fight, so I wonder how many times she missed before than lol damn

I wonder why she struggles so much as she looks very lean

If it means anything Invicta Featherweight Liv Parker was puzzled when i mentioned the whole
situation to her especially the part about Janaisa Morandin not being a huge Strawweight who
doesn't weigh 135-140 lbs like some of the biggest Strawweights do.

Status
Not open for further replies.