Official Women's Division Discussion #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over 15 minutes I thought Andrade won, break the fight down into 5 minute segments and Rose came home 29-28. I think in politics they call that gerrymandering, but them's the rules.

Good point about the lack of great coaching for the majority of women, did they really only get around to telling Andrade about head movement in her 17th Zuffa fight?

Anyway we move on and it's Meatball Molly time. Do you guys know the annoying Scouser has a YouTube channel where she interviews the likes of Cyborg and Ffion Davies. Interesting that Molly got mad when Ffion beat a pal of her's in mma, wanted revenge but was told no way you'll lose. Oh Ffion, what could have been.

Over 15 minutes I thought Andrade won, break the fight down into 5 minute segments and Rose came home 29-28. I think in politics they call that gerrymandering, but them's the rules.

Good point about the lack of great coaching for the majority of women, did they really only get around to telling Andrade about head movement in her 17th Zuffa fight?

Anyway we move on and it's Meatball Molly time. Do you guys know the annoying Sciuser has a YouTube channel where she interviews the likes of Cyborg and Ffion Davies. Interesting that Molly got mad when Ffion beat a pal of her's in mma, wanted revenge but was told no way you'll lose. Oh Ffion, what could have been.

Why was Namajunas/Andrade just three rounds anyway? Their last fight was a title match. The winner (Rose) probably gets a title shot next fight.

Anyway we move on and it's Meatball Molly time. Do you guys know the annoying Scouser has a YouTube channel where she interviews the likes of Cyborg and Ffion Davies. Interesting that Molly got mad when Ffion beat a pal of her's in mma, wanted revenge but was told no way you'll lose. Oh Ffion, what could have been.

I think for a long time Andrade was allowed to get by on her physical gifts. This happens a lot with athletes, and even more with women who compete in a sport where truly gifted physical athletes are the exception rather than the rule.

Well Ffion did get a silver in the ADCC last year, so she aint doing too bad for herself.

I enjoyed the fights. UFC events have gotten so incredibly expensive that I've been skipping a lot of them. But this one was worth it.

Pretty hard not get on the Ribas war wagon. Great skill set and fun interviewee. Paige had her time and she showed everyone how little she wanted to fight. She knows she has a big payday waiting in bellator with Loureda...I say, "Don't let the door hit your butt on the way out". She'll probably fight 2-3 times there and retire.

Rose-Andrade ended up going like no one predicted. I guess I'm okay with Rose getting the nod. It was the classic volume vs. damage debate that often comes up in MMA. Yes, Rose was more accurate and active for two rounds. But, after the fight, Jessica ordered a pizza...Rose's face looked like pizza. I'm sure Rose had a few awkward exchanges in the days afterwards explaining to non-MMA fans that she won the fight.

Jarl

Last edited:
I'm sure I spied a post about an hour ago advertising a Euro-WMMA bout on 'Fighting Island'. Did Dana's lawyers take that down already or something? Those guys must cost a lot of money ;)

I think tonight's fights (yes TONIGHT, any non-hardcore slackers who weren't paying attention) are gonna be real fun. Sure they're not going to advance the cause of the technical level of WMMA with the public - in fact they might set it back some - but anyone who cares too much about that can go watch Marty Snoozeman on replay instead. Jojua/Belbita is gonna be way more fun (for multiple reasons ;) ). and you know Meatball vs Some Brazilian Chick is going to be a slobberknocker...
<Kpop775>

I'm sure I spied a post about an hour ago advertising a Euro-WMMA bout on 'Fighting Island'. Did Dana's lawyers take that down already or something? Those guys must cost a lot of money ;)

I think tonight's fights (yes TONIGHT, any non-hardcore slackers who weren't paying attention) are gonna be real fun. Sure they're not going to advance the cause of the technical level of WMMA with the public - in fact they might set it back some - but anyone who cares too much about that can go watch Marty Snoozeman on replay instead. Jojua/Belbita is gonna be way more fun (for multiple reasons ;) ). and you know Meatball vs Some Brazilian Chick is going to be a slobberknocker...
<Kpop775>

Yeah it'll be a blast. Neither fight has a strong favorite. Jojua & Belbita look game. For mnemonics I'm calling it Jujubees vs. Velveeta. McCann's yammering about removing her opponent's head & taking it home on a platter. Meatball always has some beef.

Status
Not open for further replies.