Official Women's Division Discussion #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, sure. You spam his crap enough.
:)

I post pretty much everything I can find about women's fights (for the fights that interest me, which are many), as long as I find those videos, articles, or photos to be entertaining, and especially if I think the posts will build interest or enthusiasm for the fights. So I do like controversy and hype, in many cases, because it builds interest. I actually like it if there are arguments in my threads from people who care about the fighters, because drama is a sign of interest and caring, and caring is contagious. And I want to build the number of Sherdoggers who care about women's fights.

I used to include WMMA Scene Now more in my posts, but--although WMMAddict was awfully harsh about it--I find many of those videos have a lot that I personally don't care about, and don't enjoy searching through hoping to find something entertaining that I can time-stamp. Plus, Leto1776 is obsessive about killing hype, which is antithetical to my own objectives. My main objctive is to build enthusiasm for the women fighters, not to quash it. We have our own different ways, which is fine. WMMAddict's videos usually fit my objectives, even when I disagree with him. And I usually find him entertaining, and sometimes very perceptive. And he is big on building hype for Weili, as am I. Recent history has supported our efforts: Weili lived up to the hype. Leto1776, on the other hand, has been big on quashing hype for Weili, on the forum at least. That doesn't make me hate him or anything. That would be silly. But it certainly influences me to post more WMMAddict videos than WMMA Scene Now videos.

I post pretty much everything I can find about women's fights (for the fights that interest me, which are many), as long as I find those videos, articles, or photos to be entertaining, and especially if I think the posts will build interest or enthusiasm for the fights. So I do like controversy and hype, in many cases, because it builds interest. I actually like it if there are arguments in my threads from people who care about the fighters, because drama is a sign of interest and caring, and caring is contagious. And I want to build the number of Sherdoggers who care about women's fights.

I used to include WMMA Scene Now more in my posts, but--although WMMAddict was awfully harsh about it--I find many of those videos have a lot that I personally don't care about, and don't enjoy searching through hoping to find something entertaining that I can time-stamp. Plus, Leto1776 is obsessive about killing hype, which is antithetical to my own objectives. My main objctive is to build enthusiasm for the women fighters, not to quash it. We have our own different ways, which is fine. WMMAddict's videos usually fit my objectives, even when I disagree with him. And I usually find him entertaining, and sometimes very perceptive. And he is big on building hype for Weili, as am I. Recent history has supported our efforts: Weili lived up to the hype. Leto1776, on the other hand, has been big on quashing hype for Weili, on the forum at least. That doesn't make me hate him or anything. That would be silly. But it certainly influences me to post more WMMAddict videos than WMMA Scene Now videos.
Just to clarify, I’m not pro killing hype. I’m anti hype train. Hype train fans are usually the biggest bandwagon fans, and as soon as the hype train crashes (they almost all do), everyone jumps off the bandwagon and starts trashing the same fighter they were praising.

Also, I wasn’t against hyping Zhang going into her recent fight. I was against everyone saying it would be easy work, and against everyone over looking the all-time great strawweight Joanna, especially considering Zhang had never faced an opponent of Joanna’s caliber, and was rushed into her own title shot.

Now the UFC needs to pay the fighters for UFC London like Bellator did. Lets see if Dana does the right thing. Its not as close to fight day as Bellator was but fighters already traveled to the location so they should still get something.

Just to clarify, I’m not pro killing hype. I’m anti hype train. Hype train fans are usually the biggest bandwagon fans, and as soon as the hype train crashes (they almost all do), everyone jumps off the bandwagon and starts trashing the same fighter they were praising.

Also, I wasn’t against hyping Zhang going into her recent fight. I was against everyone saying it would be easy work, and against everyone over looking the all-time great strawweight Joanna, especially considering Zhang had never faced an opponent of Joanna’s caliber, and was rushed into her own title shot.

CZ/SK fans are worst u cant even imagine how big hate is on Lucie Pudilová people literally dm her to give them back money that they lost by betting on her , forcing her to end career and shit like this. its srsly hilarious over here..95%of fans total dummies but i guess its because CZ/SK scene is still in "diapers"

Looks like an mma blackout for a while. Hoping it gets back to normal soon. Keep posting info, vids, opinions, speculation etc. Makes social distancing more tolerable and entertaining. Thanks to everyone who posts here!

Looks like an mma blackout for a while. Hoping it gets back to normal soon. Keep posting info, vids, opinions, speculation etc. Makes social distancing more tolerable and entertaining. Thanks to everyone who posts here!

Will do. And glad to see the UFC is finally using its collective head.

If u are bored so much u can go watch STRELKA - its kinda freakshow :D but sometimes.. only sometimes u can find some good and entertaining fights but still dont expect some professional mma level..i used to watch it few years back... :D

https://www.youtube.com/user/TRONMMArts/videos

I hate quoting myself, but the last time we talked about it is too far to go back. Who all are the current female fighters at the UFC Academy in Shanghai? I want to work on a feature about them.

This all I could find

Ramona Pascual, Shi Ming, Feier Huang, Guangmei Han, Ling Na,

UFC using Zhang’s name to push Meng Bo. The comments are ripping them to shreds

Here’s your chance to win a full size Invicta Phoenix Series 1 poster (must live in CONUS)

This all I could find

Ramona Pascual, Shi Ming, Feier Huang, Guangmei Han, Ling Na,
Liang Na, and Yan Qihui. I think that’s all of them. Thanks.

Last edited:
Looks like an mma blackout for a while.

Luckily there's the fight library of Fight Pass and multiple promotions on Youtube and assorted "other forms" of seeing older fights. I think I am gonna dig into some stuff I have never seen before to fill the void for the upcoming few weeks and rewatch a few favourites. Compared to other sports, MMA's library approach to older events is quite a blessing now that there's nothing happening live :)

Luckily there's the fight library of Fight Pass and multiple promotions on Youtube and assorted "other forms" of seeing older fights. I think I am gonna dig into some stuff I have never seen before to fill the void for the upcoming few weeks and rewatch a few favourites. Compared to other sports, MMA's library approach to older events is quite a blessing now that there's nothing happening live :)

Let us know if you come up with some good stuff that we might have missed, please.

Gents, we may - repeat, May - have the first case of a fighter to catch the Corona virus.
I saw that Ye Ji Lee of Korea has been replaced in the Shooto super atomweight tournament semifinals by Miku Nakamura (debut(?))

Went to Shooto’s Twitter (screen shot for translation):
E9BA6924-E3BA-40E9-8950-B47A374C6F68.png
2547DC73-3ECF-463D-A9C4-F5B47692BCA5.png

also in the same timeline, Lee posted on her IG:

first word is Corona, not sure of the second

hey I'm new to the wmma threads and i'm psyched to see that there's so much support even among sherdoggers. but how big is the debate between drama vs pure reporting as tools to increase enthusiasm for the women's side? seeing as this is a niche within a niche sport, shouldn't either form of publicity be encouraged? there will always be casual viewers who ride the hype, analysts who pare down speculation, and everyone in between... that being said, quarantine isn't helping anyone's patience

@leto1776 뿌셔 literally pusher means "destroying" but in a cute way... she's being cheeky. still ambiguous

Gents, we may - repeat, May - have the first case of a fighter to catch the Corona virus.
I saw that Ye Ji Lee of Korea has been replaced in the Shooto super atomweight tournament semifinals by Miku Nakamura (debut(?))

Went to Shooto’s Twitter (screen shot for translation):
View attachment 750303
View attachment 750307

also in the same timeline, Lee posted on her IG:

first word is Corona, not sure of the second

hey I'm new to the wmma threads and i'm psyched to see that there's so much support even among sherdoggers. but how big is the debate between drama vs pure reporting as tools to increase enthusiasm for the women's side? seeing as this is a niche within a niche sport, shouldn't either form of publicity be encouraged? there will always be casual viewers who ride the hype, analysts who pare down speculation, and everyone in between... that being said, quarantine isn't helping anyone's patience

@leto1776 뿌셔 literally pusher means "destroying" but in a cute way... she's being cheeky. still ambiguous

update: according to this site https://mainichi.jp/english/articles/20200309/p2g/00m/0na/010000c

Japan started restricting travel from China and Japan on March 9th, requiring a two week quarantine at the person’s own expense.

what seems unusual though is that Shooto found a replacement right away, when the event is still over a month away, when jmma is notorious for late announcements, and the quarantine could ease before then.

Made a couple orders last night to add to the library:
51qAfcj7gTL._SY445_.jpg

the debuts of Kaitlyn Young and Miesha “Takedown” Tate

also purchased a dvd of the ReMix 2000 tournament, which saw the debut of Marloes Coenen. I know I had it somewhere, but can’t find it, so found it through Barnes and Noble.

will do review videos of each event when they come in,

If it means anything I may have potentially setup a future card idea for Invicta since I did
suggest that if the May 29th card is postponed (next card) why not run 2 cards over the
course of 2 nights and the response I got from Shannon Knapp is was it is a interesting
thought which means maybe interested once MMA starts getting going again once restrictions
are lifted.

Status
Not open for further replies.