Official Women's Division Discussion #26

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by PurpleStorm, Jan 1, 2019.

1. aerius

aerius Red Belt

TUF Roxy curse confirmed. Your career is cursed if you beat Roxy in TUF.

2. Tokoloko

Tokoloko Czech MMA on the rise!

So much Trainers/Fighters on cz/sk scene blames her trainer and her camps (she hates those blames and staying loyal)... btw she already received offers from USA organisations and iam sure there will be offer from Oktagon they can build her popularity and fanbase so much so i hope she will go into Oktagon

vgff, Xuh, werepig and 1 other person like this.
  3. BuckyBarberFanClub

BuckyBarberFanClub Gold Belt

could not disagree more.

I thought the first two rounds clearly went to Lauren. If KGB had dominated the striking then yes, the takedown would not factor, but she didnt. Lee basically bobbed around like a pigeon and threw a few kicks but did very little damage (Laurens face is scar tissue central). So yes, the takedowns do factor.

I had Lauren 1 and 2, KGB sneaking the third (Although if someone wants to argue Murphy won the third im not gonna fight it). I thought it was an easy 29-28

werepig and Mmmmmmma1234 like this.
  4. Dsfdandan

Dsfdandan Green Belt

Two of the invicta featherweights, Courtney King and Audrey Wolfe, recently fought outside of the promotion. King won by submission. Invicta should just see that as a title eliminator and match King up against Sorenson.

5. Rizz

Rizz Purple Belt

6. Mmmmmmma1234

Mmmmmmma1234 Black Belt

This is factually wrong. Felicia was activity planning her ufc entry. Felicia passed on tuf 28 because in her own words getting in real fights on her record including a title fight she was already promised would give her a better ufc contract. She also actively challenged ufc fighter Megan Anderson and added some heat to that idea for the ufc. AND it all whent according to her plan.

As for pam I don't know what they do, I thought the plan would be Pam vs Stoliarenko but they reopened 135 instead. Anyone know Pacheco's plans maybe she's up to fight for the 145 title here?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
    PurpleStorm, Rizz and Eater of Souls like this.
  7. msm1981

msm1981 Green Belt

If Brianna Van Buren is having problems with her hands or fingers then yeah it wouldn't
    be a smart idea to try fighting that way since it will only compound her problems even more
    instead of helping them.

PurpleStorm and Rizz like this.
  8. Xuh

Xuh Red Belt

INTERDASTING. I've been having some problems with my hand myself lately I suspect caused by riding my *ahem* 70s Italian superbike to work nearly every day for much of last year due to my more 'sensible' ones constantly malfunctioning and operating the beefy throttle (lol). My hand would be noticeably more tired at the end of a week of using that thing and now one of my fingers is v hard to close. I was worried it might be arthritis but looking up the symptoms (literally just earlier today!) didn't fit at all. Then I listen to this and it seems very much like it might be it. Who needs doctors when you can just listen to fighters going on about their many injuries and illnesses and self diagnose. ;)

9. Mittens

Mittens Green Belt

10. Better Every Day

Better Every Day Zhang finishing Andrade avatar Platinum Member

Valentina Shevchenko Receives Lengthy Medical Suspension
    February 12, 2020
    By Temmyguru
    https://tgtrends.com.ng/sports/valentina-shevchenko-receives-lengthy-medical-suspension.html

"...it appears that Shevchenko may have taken more damage than initially thought, or she may have entered the Octagon with a pre-existing injury."

"The Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR) has released a list of medical suspensions for the athletes that participated in the Houston event... The document shows that Bullet is medically suspended until August 7, 2020. The report provided by the TDLR, however, doesn’t state why Shevchenko has received such a lengthy suspension. The flyweight champion has yet to comment. This is a point of interest as Shevchenko didn’t receive much punishment during the bout with Chookagian. And the Blonde Fighter [Chookagian] is only suspended until March 25."

11. leto1776

leto1776 Sherdog Wet Shaver Platinum Member

12. vgff

vgff Brown Belt

she said in an interview that she had a "small" injury going into the fight

13. leto1776

14. Vulcan

Vulcan Red Belt

15. Better Every Day

Better Every Day Zhang finishing Andrade avatar Platinum Member

Her suspension is as long as Maycee Barber's suspension, and Maycee needed surgery.

16. PurpleStorm

PurpleStorm Brown Belt

From her blog:
    So I’m always the underdog, and it seems like the majority of fans on websites and social media keep saying “I’m going to get killed or smashed” just based on my looks. However, I think I impressed everybody those weeks ago because now even people on SHERDOG are saying my striking looked sharp, and I shouldn’t be underestimated. Sherdoggers have been the worst, IMO... Maybe I’ll read more sherdog now that they’re not saying nasty things anymore.

Felis, GBJohn, Mmmmmmma1234 and 4 others like this.
  17. PurpleStorm

PurpleStorm Brown Belt

This will cause speculation until Valentina speaks. Does it only apply to fighting in texas? And if I recall correctly, medical suspensions sometimes get shortened or lifted.

18. Guffman

Guffman Green Belt

I suspect she'll be just fine in a short amount of time. Maybe Joe Soliz doubles as Texas medical commissioner.

19. leto1776

Rebooked. Trying to push the only contender series fighter at strawweight.

20. Mittens

Mittens Green Belt

[​IMG]