Official Women's Division Discussion #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rotter-Focken, Niggeman, a foot up someone's own ass, wife-swapping - it's a house party in here!

When Roxy took her down with the trip, Maycee gets her left leg stuck in a weird position and she lands on the mat with her left foot between her butt cheeks.

But contrary to the claims of the Dumb Sports Dad, trip takedowns are a skill. And if one's skill at defending takedowns is not better than the takedownders skill at taking you down, you might end up suffering bodily harm from it. Outside of Dad, and it being the Nicest Person in All of MMA who is being questioned and disrespected here by him, and Maycee having a tad rampant ego, it's quite sad that it's so easy to (try to) chalk up being mauled during a grappling attack to "she just got injured without opponent applying skill", when if your jaw implodes from being punched in the face, everyone will just bjpennnoding.gif... The knee blew out because she was fighting Roxy, that's all there is to it. Dad should go fuck himself.

Cause there's no evil enough in Roxy to yell about this. It's our job to do so :D

Ladd vs. Pena should be a good fight: two alphas there. Aspen will have her work cut out for her, IMO.

Maycee Barber's dad is really named "Bucky"? Bucky Barber?

Jarl

I try not to spam my own stuff on here, but wanted to share this one. I’ve started a new segment called “Blast from the Past.” Each video will feature a different unsung hero from wmma’s past. For the first edition, I decided to feature someone with a short, yet nonetheless storied career: Miku Matsumoto:

:rolleyes:

after Cortez/Santana was cancelled, I was going to complain that every fight I wanted to bet my house on this year always got cancelled (was gonna bet on Cortez) so we should expect Jandiroba/Casey to be cancelled (because I was planning to bet my house on Jandiroba).

Continuing this trend, we should expect one or both of Van Buren/Cifers and Ribas/VanZant to be cancelled.

at least we still have Spencer vs DosCantos and Ribas vs CanZant to pay all the bills with in 2020.... OR DO WE?! :eek:

t2307.gif

Still, Ribas/Markos is definitely a better & more interesting fight.
Just as well I didn't preorder that Ferrari...

PVZ is the new Cat Zingano. They both are so inactive that they are still on their old/early contracts. While fighters who signed after them catch up or even surpass their pay. From 2016 Cat Zingano has had 4 fights. From 2016 PVZ has also only had 4 fights.

Lets compare them to a fighter we know is active. Jessica Andrade in the same time period has had 9 fights.

Last edited:
Miki Motorola vs. No Pan the Rock at strawweight.

The lady that Montano is fighting is actually a bit interesting (still probably going to get smooshed by Montano). She was previously fighting under the name "Pang whatevergym", and had a pro fight for Heroine FC in China (dunno results but I would like too, Mariya Agapova & Russian muay thai champion Vera Buga also were booked on those cards), and a few amateur wins in Thailand. She just fought recently and was armbarred by Fairtex's new project; French judoka Noelle Grandjean.

Last edited:
PVZ is the new Cat Zingano. They both are so inactive that they are still on their old/early contracts. While fighters who signed after them catch up or even surpass their pay. From 2016 Cat Zingano has had 4 fights. From 2016 PVZ has also only had 4 fights.

Lets compare them to a fighter we know is active. Jessica Andrade in the same time period has had 9 fights.

Lol, meanwhile Angela Hill is looking at her fifth fight in ten months, maybe she wants a Ferrari too.

Lol, meanwhile Angela Hill is looking at her fifth fight in ten months, maybe she wants a Ferrari too.

Angela Hill is the UFC version of Kay Hansen which is a good thing & bad thing with the good thing
being she stays active but the bad thing is she is adding up wear & tear from the fights and weight
cuts which will catch up with her over time.

I am rooting for Cheesecake. Who would have thought she would be one of the survivors of the 1st female TUF. Especially since for some random reason Dana did not seem to like her.

In Addition: Paulina Granados said she is a free agent and was seen that same day saying she needed a lawyer for legal advice. So maybe something went on with her and Combate.

In Addition: Paulina Granados said she is a free agent and was seen that same day saying she needed a lawyer for legal advice. So maybe something went on with her and Combate.
Wouldn’t surprise me. Seems like more and more is coming out about them. As for Granados, she’s probably ticked because they kept her sidelined for so long. They gave up on their atomweight division after Kyra Batara’s weight issues.

Let's think of great imaginary names for Thai fighters.

Stamp Heroine Fairtrade

Well done, Leto. Thanks for choosing one of my favorite fighters of all time, the (real) Supernova, Miku Matsumoto. I had Jnet Sports package on my dish back in the day (almost 20 years ago) and I could watch Smackgirl, DEEP, G-Shoot (and other JMMA) events on it just a few days after they were held. Miku immediately struck me as a great fighter in the making (and I became a fan). Not only was she a pioneer, she is also a GOAT candidate in my opinion. (As I've discussed before, I believe the WMMA GOAT must have 20+ wins, as that seems to be a difficult/rare threshold for female fighters) Miku had 20+ wins and avenged every single loss she suffered. Think about that; what other fighters have gone back for payback against every fighter than beat them...and succeeded? In the end, no one could defeat her except herself (she battled with depression, and it was ultimately why she decided to leave the sport).

(Of course) I respect Megumi Fuji, but I've never understood why she is remembered way more than Miku (and Yuka Tsuji). Megumi and Yuka had that typical judo build (low center of gravity, strong arms and shoulders, strong grip), but Miku was built more like a kick-boxer (long and lanky), yet she could compete and win against these stockier/stronger rivals. This was rare back in the early days of Japanese WMMA (and still is to some degree). Just before she made her final, shocking retirement announcement, there was speculation that they were finally going to book her versus Megamegu (as many know, most early JMMA events liked to pit Japanese fight vs. foreign fighter and rarely matched two top-ranked Japanese fighters against each other...until Ogawa vs. Yoshida showed that these fights could sell very well). At the time, we speculated that that fight (which never happened) would be the GOAT WMMA fight. Too bad it never happened. Megumi was a beast, but I just feel like Miku had more tools and would have won. I know, that's (just one of my many unpopular) opinion(s).

Jarl

P.S. King Reina's opponent is named "Andre The Rocket"...hope it's not a mixed-gender fight.

P.P.S. For those who are not informed on the subject, "Retirement bouts" in Japan are just exhibitions and are more akin to pro-wrestling matches. Her and Megumi had a work, which is why it isn't considered an official bout. So when I say they never fought, it means just that: they never had a competitive bout.

Well done, Leto. Thanks for choosing one of my favorite fighters of all time, the (real) Supernova, Miku Matsumoto. I had Jnet Sports package on my dish back in the day (almost 20 years ago) and I could watch Smackgirl, DEEP, G-Shoot (and other JMMA) events on it just a few days after they were held. Miku immediately struck me as a great fighter in the making (and I became a fan). Not only was she a pioneer, she is also a GOAT candidate in my opinion. (As I've discussed before, I believe the WMMA GOAT must have 20+ wins, as that seems to be a difficult/rare threshold for female fighters) Miku had 20+ wins and avenged every single loss she suffered. Think about that; what other fighters have gone back for payback against every fighter than beat them...and succeeded? In the end, no one could defeat her except herself (she battled with depression, and it was ultimately why she decided to leave the sport).

(Of course) I respect Megumi Fuji, but I've never understood why she is remembered way more than Miku (and Yuka Tsuji). Megumi and Yuka had that typical judo build (low center of gravity, strong arms and shoulders, strong grip), but Miku was built more like a kick-boxer (long and lanky), yet she could compete and win against these stockier/stronger rivals. This was rare back in the early days of Japanese WMMA (and still is to some degree). Just before she made her final, shocking retirement announcement, there was speculation that they were finally going to book her versus Megamegu (as many know, most early JMMA events liked to pit Japanese fight vs. foreign fighter and rarely matched two top-ranked Japanese fighters against each other...until Ogawa vs. Yoshida showed that these fights could sell very well). At the time, we speculated that that fight (which never happened) would be the GOAT WMMA fight. Too bad it never happened. Megumi was a beast, but I just feel like Miku had more tools and would have won. I know, that's (just one of my many unpopular) opinion(s).

Jarl

P.S. King Reina's opponent is named "Andre The Rocket"...hope it's not a mixed-gender fight.

P.P.S That's sad to hear about Britain Hart (just watched one of her bare-knuckle fights).

Also, why do you have my wife as your av?

What, I thought Miesha was your wife, we both know how much you love her.

{<jordan}

But you like Valentina so I'll give you props for having great taste in women, let's fight for her
GleamingOrganicGrub-size_restricted.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.