Official Women's Division Discussion #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
I felt Maycee spoke first because she was in agony from the torn acl. She wasn't thinking clearly, wasn't sure if she was going to pass out or collapse. She was gracious and respectful toward Roxy. Then she was carried out. Roxy was understanding. It only lasted a few seconds.
Speak first? Maycee shouldn't have expected to speak at all. When does the loser of a main card bout ever get to speak except for the main event sometimes or in some extraordinary circumstance like when someone is announcing they are retiring or maybe if there's a fight of the night candidate that everyone appreciates or controversial decision or unexpected weird outcome and Joe Rogan or other interviewer asks them to stay and say something.

You need to change your username, cos clearly you know nothing about WMMA :D

Well if it isn't USADA's biggest supporter and supposed drug expert who copy & pastes off of Wikipedia.

Didn't you pick Gillian over Maycee saying it was too much of a step up, how did that turn out?

gHiTtHj.png

But seriously, my post wasn't 100% serious, I just wanted Mittens to stay up a bit longer to watch the fight.

How good was that movie? I have never seen it but people keep on quoting it so I am guessing its a classic. The only thing I know about it is he wears sweaters and 90% of the time I see a small clip he is in a bowling alley for some reason.

It was hilarious.

Well if it isn't USADA's biggest supporter and supposed drug expert who copy & pastes off of Wikipedia.

Didn't you pick Gillian over Maycee saying it was too much of a step up, how did that turn out?

gHiTtHj.png

But seriously, my post wasn't 100% serious, I just wanted Mittens to stay up a bit longer to watch the fight.

My personal favorite was when he started a thread showing a decrease in free TST ranges and saying it was showing that USADA was improving the sport. When I pointed out there were multiple variables and inquired as to how he came to his "conclusion" he blocked me.

Or the time he said Nunes was over-rated.

Speak first? Maycee shouldn't have expected to speak at all. When does the loser of a main card bout ever get to speak except for the main event sometimes or in some extraordinary circumstance like when someone is announcing they are retiring or maybe if there's a fight of the night candidate that everyone appreciates or controversial decision or unexpected weird outcome and Joe Rogan or other interviewer asks them to stay and say something.

I enjoy the surprising human elements of live sports. They aren't interchangeable robots.

I don't take anything from Wikipedia. Wiki is no good as a source for anything outside of stats and figures. Find an example in my posts where i have copy pasted off of wiki

Gillian was very disappointing. Although I do think that stoppage was early. Maycee wasnt actually doing any damage

I'd like to see Maycee fight Meatball, the clash of egos would be something to behold. Molly would certainly win the trash talk though.

I generally liked Maycee Barber before her fight against Roxy and didn't even feel she was particularly arrogant.

However, her grabbing the microphone from Joe Rogan when losers aren't supposed to talk at all, and then making her ass-kicking all about her is one of the most absurdly egomaniacal, disrespectful things I've ever seen in the sport.

NO ONE does that shit, no matter how delusional, arrogant, or injured. Conor McGregor has never done this. (And was actually humble and respectful after losing to Nate Diaz) Tito Ortiz, at the height of his arrogance, never did anything like this.

Maycee is lucky Roxy is such a nice person. A lot of the girls would have put their hands on Maycee for that, and I wouldn't blame them one bit.

It's completely indefensible. The fight not only changed how I view Barber as a martial artist, but also as a person.

I'd like to see Maycee fight Meatball, the clash of egos would be something to behold. Molly would certainly win the trash talk though.

It's a shame that Maycee and Megan Anderson are in different weight classes. That would be an amazing battle of the most delusional narcissists in all of WMMA (and possibly MMA period) today.

As for The Meatball, she was utterly delusional when she entered the UFC, but she really toned it down after being embarrassed by Robertson. She didn't grab any mic after the loss, either.

I generally liked Maycee Barber before her fight against Roxy and didn't even feel she was particularly arrogant.

However, her grabbing the microphone from Joe Rogan when losers aren't supposed to talk at all, and then making her ass-kicking all about her is one of the most absurdly egomaniacal, disrespectful things I've ever seen in the sport.

NO ONE does that shit, no matter how delusional, arrogant, or injured. Conor McGregor has never done this. (And was actually humble and respectful after losing to Nate Diaz) Tito Ortiz, at the height of his arrogance, never did anything like this.

Maycee is lucky Roxy is such a nice person. A lot of the girls would have put their hands on Maycee for that, and I wouldn't blame them one bit.

It's completely indefensible. The fight not only changed how I view Barber as a martial artist, but also as a person.

So I watched the fight again as well as the interview. The injury did really affect Maycee in a big way, but she was getting whooped for half the fight before she stepped back and torn her acl. She would have lost regardless, I don't like how her team as well as Dana are blaming the injury for the loss more than accepting that Roxy was just the better fighter on the night.

As for the interview, I wasn't a fan of it, she should have stayed quiet and let Roxy have her moment but I can see why she did it. She's young, undefeated, over confident, has the media as well as the UFC giving her the spotlight and fast tracking her to the top, she has the worst coach in mma telling her she's perfect and can't be stopped. She's human and we all react differently, she also didn't grab the mic, Joe clearly asked her if she wanted to say something.

Roxy seemed fine with it overall, she's on to better things anyway. She's now ranked at #5, I would like to see her fight either Jojo or Eye next.

Last edited:
So I watched the fight again as well as the interview. The injury did really affect Maycee in a big way, but she was getting whooped for half the fight before she stepped back and torn her acl. She would have lost regardless, I don't like how her team as well as Dana are blaming the injury for the loss more than accepting that Roxy was just the better fighter on the night.

As for the interview, I wasn't a fan of it, she should have stayed quiet and let Roxy have her moment but I can she why she did it. She's young, undefeated, over confident, has the media as well as the UFC giving her the spotlight and fast tracking her to the top, she has the worst coach in mma telling her she's perfect and can't be stopped. She's human and we all react differently, she also didn't grab the mic, Joe clearly asked her if she wanted to say something.

Roxy seemed fine with it overall, she's on to better things anyway. She's now ranked at #5, I would like to see her fight either Jojo or Eye next.
Roxy vs eye makes sense these days...

As for the interview, I wasn't a fan of it, she should have stayed quiet and let Roxy have her moment but I can she why she did it. She's young, undefeated, over confident, has the media as well as the UFC giving her the spotlight and fast tracking her to the top, she has the worst coach in mma telling her she's perfect and can't be stopped. She's human and we all react differently, she also didn't grab the mic, Joe clearly asked her if she wanted to say something.

You can make excuses for all it you like. Somehow though, dozens if not hundreds of fighters even younger, more heavily hyped, and/or way more injured than Barber have never grabbed the microphone after the loss, let alone made their ass-kicking all about them.

It's a shocking lack of the most basic respect. It speaks volumes that even guys like McGregor or Ortiz back in the day have never done anything like this after the fight is over.

WMMA said:
Roxy seemed fine with it overall,

Roxy was almost certainly not fine with it, but she's an introvert and a sweetheart, (she has never even uttered a word of complaint when opponents come in signficantly overweight) so she's not going to make an issue with it, or hit Maycee like she deserved.

I don't take anything from Wikipedia. Wiki is no good as a source for anything outside of stats and figures. Find an example in my posts where i have copy pasted off of wiki

Gillian was very disappointing. Although I do think that stoppage was early. Maycee wasnt actually doing any damage

I can find quite a few where you are just plain wrong.

I also liked the thread you started about how Lipski was going to wreck shop. How did that go?

Yeah that would be a fun one! Looks like Maycee's gonna be out at least nine months with that full acl tear. Who should Meatball fight next? Love watching her fight.

I generally do not give a shit about the rankings particularly given how screwy 125 is, but Roxy is now #5.

WOMEN'S FLYWEIGHT
VALENTINA SHEVCHENKO
CHAMPION

Katlyn Chookagian
Jessica Eye
Joanne Calderwood
Jennifer Maia
Roxanne Modafferi
Rank increased by 2
Viviane Araujo
Rank decreased by 1
Lauren Murphy
Rank decreased by 1
Andrea Lee
Maycee Barber
Alexis Davis
Montana De La Rosa
Antonina Shevchenko
Mara Romero Borella
Ji Yeon Kim
Rank increased by 1
Paige VanZant

Yeah that would be a fun one! Looks like Maycee's gonna be out at least nine months with that full acl tear. Who should Meatball fight next? Love watching her fight.

Meatball's booked to fight Ashlee Evans-Smith in a couple months.
Should be fun as long as AES forgets that she actually has a wrestling background.

My personal favorite was when he started a thread showing a decrease in free TST ranges and saying it was showing that USADA was improving the sport. When I pointed out there were multiple variables and inquired as to how he came to his "conclusion" he blocked me.

Or the time he said Nunes was over-rated.

I've roasted Amanda a few times but that's the salty Valentina fan in me. Amanda is far from overrated, she's a fantastic figther.

The first part of my post was a joke, I do like both you guys, no need to block each other over a difference of opinion, sometimes we post something wrong, nothing wrong with being corrected.

As for the Gillian fight, she was done. Sure, it wss stopped a bit early but she was getting beat up without offering anything in return, it would have been stopped moments later.

Inb4 Dim blocks me
{<jordan}

She's now ranked at #5, I would like to see her fight either Jojo or Eye next.

no way are roxy and jojo gonna fight, they're teammates - john wood coaches both of them

Last edited:
The first part of my post was a joke, I do like both you guys, no need to block each other over a difference of opinion, sometimes we post something wrong, nothing wrong with being corrected.

Far more than a difference of opinion. Making multiple false statements, running away from threads where he gets called on it, blatantly lying, then putting me on ignore so he can go back to lying some more. Ordinarily I would let this drop but it is my field he is shitting on.

Status
Not open for further replies.