Official Women's Division Discussion #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think we should rule out a 135 or 145 tourney in the PFL, either.
I think that would only happen if the UFC signed Kayla Harrison and they re-set their women's division.

Zingano told ESPN on Wednesday that she has a "project" that she's working on and could not put on hold, which that led to her release.

Zingano said that she does plan on continuing to fight.

"I didn't want to take the ultimatum this time," Zingano said in her statement to ESPN. "So I guess you can say it was mutual. I had a project that was very, very important to me, and to the MMA community and fans, and I needed to put me, my son, my training and that first before I had anything to give to the UFC. It's s---ty timing but it happens and I'm still a fighter and ready to f--- s--- up."
https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/27387346/zingano-cut-ufc-cites-project-reason

If I'm not mistaken Shannon Knapp at Invicta might suddenly have a Interest in Cat Zingano
since she is reasonably known in fight circles and her record ain't completely shot so she could
sign with Invicta & get a reasonable fight right out of the box like most of the former UFC & Bellator
talent have gotten on debut.

Trying to make better thumbnails for my vids. Got inspired by Zingano’s predicament.

Attachments

• C6B8CABF-7B5B-445C-A432-CDE1D82A9A25.jpeg
    C6B8CABF-7B5B-445C-A432-CDE1D82A9A25.jpeg
    235.5 KB · Views: 14
  • 7167BA46-74BF-45A9-BADB-6D5885B3A6C4.jpeg
    7167BA46-74BF-45A9-BADB-6D5885B3A6C4.jpeg
    339.5 KB · Views: 10
of course it's about what she wants, because it aligns with what UFC wants: active champions to fill their cards. her stock didn't drop much. she had the best KO in wmma history in her previous fight, and won dominantly against Liz even if it was uneventful. it happens. she's finished 2 of 4 FLW fights and had a banger dec. fight against Joanna.
I think it probably comes down to how booking goes in December PPV. Are there 2 this year then? Valentina vs Lee/Calderwood will be there last call for a big comain if things arnt going well. Otherwise they probably wait and see if maia beats Chookagian for next year.

I don’t think we should rule out a 135 or 145 tourney in the PFL, either.
Pfl isn't doing women at 135/45 and I don't see cat fighting men.
If I'm not mistaken Shannon Knapp at Invicta might suddenly have a Interest in Cat Zingano
since she is reasonably known in fight circles and her record ain't completely shot so she could
sign with Invicta & get a reasonable fight right out of the box like most of the former UFC & Bellator
talent have gotten on debut.
can Shannon afford cat? Cat would be their biggest star in awhile. Also she should be able jump into a title fight pam fought back to back ones till she's champion anyways.

FRIDAY, AUGUST 16TH

[VARIOUS]
ONE Championship: Dreams of Gold
Bangkok, Thailand
Main Card – B/R Live / ONE APP – 9:30am ET / 6:30am PT
Petchdam Petchyindee Academy vs. Ilias Ennahachi – Muay Thai
Giorgio Petrosyan vs. Jo Nattawut – Kickboxing
Nong Stamp vs. Asha Roka

[MMA]
Babilon MMA 9
Międzyzdroje, Poland
Main Card – Polsat Sport – 2:00pm ET / 11:00am PT

Eliza Kuczyńska vs. Olga Michalska

[MMA]
Fusion Fight League: Fights Under The Lights 5
Great Falls, Montana, USA
Main Card – iPPV (Fite.tv) – 9:00pm ET / 6:00pm PT

Riley Timmons vs. Lauren Wolfe

Ivette Esquivel vs. Ami Lyczewski
SATURDAY, AUGUST 17TH

[KICKBOXING]
EM Legend 38
Ankang, China
Main Card – YY / YouKu – 7:30am ET / 4:30am PT

Zhang Ye vs. Farida Okiko

[BOXING]
Murphys Boxing: Foster vs. Grachev
Springfield, Massachusetts, USA
Main Card – UFC Fight Pass – 3:00pm ET / 12:00pm PT

Shelly Vincent vs. Karen Dulin

[MMA]
Premier MMA Championship 13
Covington, Kentucky, USA
Main Card – iPPV (Fite.tv) – 7:30pm ET / 4:30pm PT

YKXuyr3.png
[MUAY THAI]
Lion Fight 58
Mashantucket, Connecticut, USA
Main Card – CBS Sports Net – 8:00pm ET / 5:00pm PT
Preliminary Card
Lizabeth Loud vs. Leah Cobelli

[MMA]
UFC 241: Cormier vs. Miocic 2
Anaheim, California, USA
Main Card – PPV (ESPN+) – 10:00pm ET / 7:00pm PT
Preliminary Card – ESPN – 8:00pm ET / 5:00pm PT
Preliminary Card – ESPN+ – 6:15pm ET / 3:15pm PT
Hannah Cifers vs. Jodie Esquibel
Sabina Mazo vs. Shana Dobson

SUNDAY, AUGUST 18TH

[MMA]
RIZIN.18
Nagoya, Japan
Main Card – iPPV (Fite.tv) – 1:00am ET / 10:00pm PT
Kyoji Horiguchi vs. Kai Asakura
Ayaka Hamasaki vs. Suwanan Boonsorn

Kanna Asakura vs. Alesha Zappitella

Ai Shimizu vs. Tabatha Ann Watkins

[KICKBOXING]
KNOCK OUT: KO CLIMAX
Ōta, Tokyo, Japan
Main Card – Samurai TV (JP) – 1:00am ET / 10:00pm PT

[LETHWEI]
Myanmar Lethwei World Championship (4th)
Yangon, Myanmar
Main Card – SkyNet Sports /Facebook – 3:30am ET / 12:30am PT
Full Lethwei schedule by @Inxxane

QXhjnpM.png
[KICKBOXING]
Kunlun Combat Professional League Day 2
China
Main Card – Fight Box HD – 8:30am ET / 5:30am PT
https://grabakahitman.wordpress.com

how should we interpret Cat's statement?
is it her gym in Colorado that is this MMA-related project she talks about? maybe she's decided to be a gym-owner full time?
and when she says she's still a fighter, i'm not sure if she means it literally or not
either way i won't be too bummed if she stops competing now.

how should we interpret Cat's statement?
is it her gym in Colorado that is this MMA-related project she talks about? maybe she's decided to be a gym-owner full time?
and when she says she's still a fighter, i'm not sure if she means it literally or not
either way i won't be too bummed if she stops competing now.
She seems to have been doing a show or something. She looked like she was filming something in Thailand or somewhere like that on social media. I would have paid closer attention if I knew all of this was coming in the future.

Stamp Fairtex missed her first weigh in for her fight with Asha Roka

No word on her 2nd weigh in attempt

Am I just too inept at googling or is trying to find (legit) way of watching old DEEP shows (mostly the two with Rin Nakai are of interest now) a fool's errand in english? Anyone know how I can convince some nipponese dude to take my money so I can watch?

I'm rather baffled by my complete failure. :oops:

Am I just too inept at googling or is trying to find (legit) way of watching old DEEP shows (mostly the two with Rin Nakai are of interest now) a fool's errand in english? Anyone know how I can convince some nipponese dude to take my money so I can watch?

I'm rather baffled by my complete failure. :oops:

In the future searching her name in Japanese (中井りん) might help, tapology often has that listed. Searching for the event title can work out too.

Here's her smashing a Thai rookie at Deep Jewels 24

Here's her smashing a Korean rookie at Deep Impact 82

In the future searching her name in Japanese (中井りん) might help, tapology often has that listed.

I learned something today, thanks a bunch :)

And now watching smashing of rookies shall commence! :D

Rizin confessions focusing on the (almost) atomweights. Turn on English subtitles.

-------------------------------------

All the good Thai ladies in mma are just becoming top control grapplers lol. Let's go Amp!

Last edited:
Hannah Cifers (114.5) vs. Jodie Esquibel (116)

Sabina Mazo (126) vs. Shana Dobson (124.5)

Hannah Cifers (114.5) vs. Jodie Esquibel (116)

Sabina Mazo (126) vs. Shana Dobson (124.5)
This is the 1st ufc card in a long time where I haven't cared about any wamma fights on it. I guess Hannah is kinda fun but not overly.

Status
Not open for further replies.