Official Women's Division Discussion #25

Smashley just moved to California for work. Probably gonna take some time to get properly set up with a new camp.

Ashley will be training with 10th Planet Freaks/Hurricane Awesome with Ilima, Liz, Pearl, and company

Heads up this week the Contenders Series Brazil is taping in Vegas. Not streaming live but here are the matches.

Thursday
  • Marina Rodriguez vs. Maria Oliveira (115)
  • Taila Santos vs. Estefani Almeida (125)
Friday
  • Maiara Alves vs. Sarah Frota (125)
  • Mayra Bueno Silva vs. Mayana Kellen (135)
Saturday
  • Gisele Moreira vs. Dayana Silva (135)
  • Mabelly Lima vs. Luana Carolina (135)

Taking Herrig over Waterson. Unlike Karolina, Waterson doesn't have a clinch game so even if Felice brain farts herself into the clinch she's not going to get punished for it. Michelle's gonna be at a size & strength disadvantage as usual and unless Felice does something monumentally stupid she should win the fight. Herrig was good to hang with Grasso, Casey, and Karolina in the standup and I think all 3 of them are better on the feet than Waterson.

Pennington vs. GDR is likely to be somewhere in between Pennington vs. Holm and Pennington vs. Nunes. GDR doesn't have great takedown defence but Pennington isn't known for her takedowns either. I expect a slow paced fight with de Randamie landing some good shots on the outside along with a fair bit of stalled out clinch work from Rocky's failed takedowns.

Ashley will be training with 10th Planet Freaks/Hurricane Awesome with Ilima, Liz, Pearl, and company

Great team for grappling. Also, for her, uh, other demographic.

Heads up this week the Contenders Series Brazil is taping in Vegas. Not streaming live but here are the matches.

Thursday
  • Marina Rodriguez vs. Maria Oliveira (115)
  • Taila Santos vs. Estefani Almeida (125)
Friday
  • Maiara Alves vs. Sarah Frota (125)
  • Mayra Bueno Silva vs. Mayana Kellen (135)
Saturday
  • Gisele Moreira vs. Dayana Silva (135)
  • Mabelly Lima vs. Luana Carolina (135)

If I'm looking up the right Marina Rodriguez, then my suspicion in another thread, that Oliveira is being brought in to lose, could very well ring true.

So I guess I'm the only one here for Morandin? Thats fine! Whateva! I do what I want! haha.

Fingers crossed for another beatdown from Mallory Martin. I'm also hoping Pearl Gonzalez continues her improvement.... she's looked good in Invicta so far. Its not a bad little card really. Not heavy on names but it should be pretty good.

Where the fuck has Ashley Cummins been? I know she's done some wrestling and shit.... its been too long.
Also... where the fuck is Amber Brown? She's always posting training stuff on facebook... so what the hell?
Regarding Amber Brown, seems like she’s waiting for a fight offer:

I am not managing to make threads.

White belts can't make threads, them's the rules.

Anyway I was hoping they would hold off a few weeks and make Waterson v Penne, likewise Holm v GDR .... rematches, nothing wrong with those.

I'll go with Herrig, Germaine and Yoder.

GDR over Rocky because she has a lot to prove after the crap following the Holm fight. Hoping for a good scrap.

Waterson over Herrig because she takes risks. Expect an exciting fight.

Yoder over ABC, she might have better coaching. Cooper hasn't shown much beyond boxing. Expect a dull match.

I am not managing to make threads.

You're welcome to join us in conversation. Any predictions for upcoming fights, or thoughts on anything in wmma? People are friendly here so don't worry about being ridiculed like what happens in other parts of the boards. By the way what thread did you want to start?

Waterson vs. Herrig sounds aces :)

Yoder over ABC, she might have better coaching. Cooper hasn't shown much beyond boxing. Expect a dull match.

I dunno Yoder was fun on the ground vs. Kish (thought she won) but of course vs. Dern she didn't get to do anything that entertaining on the ground (thought she won, though) so I guess she would have the ability to make it okay (and then I will think she won, after ABC gets the nod). Been quite dissapointed in Cooper's entertainment value after TUF to be honest though.

Someone put the livestream I was talking about a few days ago on youtube.

That 'someone' is none other than the man of the hour, the tower of power, too sweet to be sour, @awiv

Enjoying all the great posts lately. It's Friday & I'm drinking good coffee. No matter how we finesse our predictions there's surprises every card. I keep going back & forth on Waterson - Herrig (especially with Herrig's size advantage). We'll just have to see how it throws down. Even boring fights I'm like 'why is this like watching paint dry they said they were going to knock each other's heads off wtf!'

White belts can't make threads, them's the rules.

Anyway I was hoping they would hold off a few weeks and make Waterson v Penne, likewise Holm v GDR .... rematches, nothing wrong with those.

I'll go with Herrig, Germaine and Yoder.
Did they change the rules? Because I could make threads beforehand, as in January from this year.

Back