Official Women's Division Discussion #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Drake

Upcoming!

Rizin 3 - Dec 29

Rin-Nakai-hs.jpg

Fly: Rin Nakai (18-2) vs Kanaka Murata (4-0)

AW: Kanna Asakura (5-1) vs Alyssa Garcia (1-2)

---

UFC 207 - Dec 30

UFC_207_Poster.jpg

BW: (C)Amanda Nunes (13-4) vs Ronda Rousey (12-1)

SW: Jessica Andrade (15-5) vs TBD

---

Rizin 4 - Dec 31

methodgetrs121q75x0y68w310h165ro0srizin-logo.png

SW: Miyu Yamamoto (0-1) vs Andy Nguyen (3-3)

OW: Gabi Garcia (3-0) vs Shinobu Kandori (Debut)

AW: Rena Kubota (2-0) vs Hanna Gujwan (1-0)

---

Invicta FC 21 - Jan 14

CzDxxx5UsAA3xNg.jpg:large

FW: Megan Anderson (7-2) vs Charmaine Tweet (9-5)

BW: Pannie Kianzad (8-1) vs Raquel Pa'aluhi (5-5)

BW: Aspen Ladd (4-0) vs Sijara Eubanks (2-1)

SW: DeAnna Bennett (8-2) vs Jodie Esquibel (5-2)

Fly: Heather Hardy (Debut) vs Brieta Carpenter (Debut)

---

UFC on Fox 23 - Jan 28

220px-UFC_on_FOX_Denver.jpg

BW: Valentina Shevchenko (13-2) vs Julianna Pena (8-2)

---

UFC Fight Night 104 - Feb 4

Czf_qyrVEAANhag.jpg

SW: Alexa Grasso (9-0) vs Felice Herrig (11-6)

---

UFC 208 - Feb 11

220px-UFC_208_poster.jpg

FW(C): Holly Holm (10-2) vs Germaine De Randamie (6-3)

Last Thread

Anyone else think it might finally be time for PVZ vs Randa...? :p
Randa has been wanting to fight her since she started getting hyped... Stylistically a risky match up for Paige though, not sure if they'd risk it.

Yay! :) Well done, Leslie! <cheer> <cheer> <cheer>

Bit unfortunate for Aldana that she lost her UFC debut, but at least she lost in good, entertaining fight.

Some of these matchups are exciting, definately looking forwards to the Rizin ones (especially Rin Nakai vs. Kanako Murata & Miyuu vs. Andy Nguyen).

PVZ vs. Randa would be neat, Randa's been wanting this fight for a while but Paige did says she's looking to pursue opportunities outside of fighting so I dunno.

Nice to see Alexa snatching the co-main spot with Felice, my one worry is that I hope the UFC don't push Grasso immediately into title contention, she's got time to mature and adapt to the big stage so they should take their time with her.

Anyone know what the deal is with Jessica Andrade? 207 is little over a week away and there's still no clue as to who her opponent will be. She did call out Michelle after her win last night... I'd like to see Kalindra Faria, surprised the UFC haven't signed her yet, she'd be a nice addition to the roster.

Last edited:
Anyone know what the deal is with Jessica Andrade? 207 is little over a week away and there's still no clue as to who her opponent will be.
I doubt that she'll fight @207. USADA fucked her over with Angela Hill, most of strawweights already have scheduled fights... But this might actually be a good thing for her, there is not real #1 contender, and she is comming of two tko's over pretty well known names. I would not be surprised(motherfuckers) if her next fight would be vs. Joanna.

Anyone else think it might finally be time for PVZ vs Randa...? :p
Randa has been wanting to fight her since she started getting hyped... Stylistically a risky match up for Paige though, not sure if they'd risk it.
At this point it seems about perfect, and Paige may not be as protected as before. Hopefully ☺️
Yay! :) Well done, Leslie! <cheer> <cheer> <cheer>

Bit unfortunate for Aldana that she lost her UFC debut, but at least she lost in good, entertaining fight.

I thought Aldana still looked good too, plus FOTN money will be a good bonus for her I'm sure.

Yay for Waterson! :D (sacrifices GOAT* to keep her healthy)

I thought Aldana still looked good too, plus FOTN money will be a good bonus for her I'm sure.

Yeah, agreed. It was a good fight, and Aldana looked quite good. Props for Smith on the win, of course.

*Georges

either leslie has improved or irene has stagnated since pacheco, not sure which
close enough fight, but irene is far too hittable
agnieszka niedzwiedz should be the next signing imo, she has never failed to dominate in every fight ive seen

either leslie has improved or irene has stagnated since pacheco, not sure which
close enough fight, but irene is far too hittable
agnieszka niedzwiedz should be the next signing imo, she has never failed to dominate in every fight ive seen

C'mon man. Stagnated 'since Pacheco'??? That's a weird thing to say. All of her relevant wins have come since then. You seem obsessed by that fight, mentioning all the time...

I didn't think it was a good performance by Irene. Hard to see many W's for her in the UFC if she keeps up that level of performance. :(

C'mon man. Stagnated 'since Pacheco'??? That's a weird thing to say. All of her relevant wins have come since then. You seem obsessed by that fight, mentioning all the time...

I didn't think it was a good performance by Irene. Hard to see many W's for her in the UFC if she keeps up that level of performance. :(
well she hasnt fought anyone tougher since, peggy morgan and faith van duin are not going to expose any holes in her game, colleen schneider has been her best opponent until smith.
leslie smith is still a wild brawler and managed to connect pretty well over 3 rounds.
EDIT, i meant to say schneider has been her best win since losing to pacheco, in terms of quality of opponent
dont know why you think im obsessed with her though, i asked for a rematch when aldana was signed, but gather pacheco is cut.
irene was getting countered all through the fight, she was hitting leslie pretty well too, but her defence hasnt got much better since the pacheco fight.
faith van duin cracked her a few times as well.
the fight was close but most people expected her to win handily, it should alarm her coaches how she got hit so much by leslie smith.

Last edited:
I'd like to see Pennington vs Leslie, I know the fight has no sense according to the rankings, but the first one was pretty good and Raquel should avenge that loss

I always find it interesting as to how fights are booked, fighters say they'll fight the person offered and then end up fighting someone else. For instance, I was watching Leslie's interview after her fight and she said she was offered to fight in Ireland but she turned that down to fight in Sacramento, I'm guessing she was offered Reneau, who wounded up fighting Dudieva. Holly said she agreed fight Zingano at UFC on Fox 23 but that didn't go through for some reason (I'm guessing because they wanted her vs. Germaine) Cat's got a fight coming up anyway.

Will more fights be added to Invicta FC21? It's right around the corner. Not a lot of time to prepare for anyone that might be added. I only counted five bouts listed above.

I'm glad that Aldana is now on the big stage and making some money. Did she seem a little off her game after getting rocked in the first round?

Aldana really needs to work some kicks into her game, maybe get some lessons from her buddy Grasso. It was bizarre to see Smith of all people throwing out the kicks (although admittedly I'm not familiar with her game).

Tatiana Suarez underwent successful surgery -

Aldana really needs to work some kicks into her game, maybe get some lessons from her buddy Grasso. It was bizarre to see Smith of all people throwing out the kicks (although admittedly I'm not familiar with her game).
smith kicks regularly, she just sort of throws em up lazily though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back