Locked Official Women's Division Discussion #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im amazed when Nevada catch anyone to be honest.

Reading between the lines, she doesnt seem to deny the diuretic, but says she never took anything to enhance performance. Then said she didnt know it was on the banned list.

So looks like she knowingly took a diuretic for whatever reason. In which case shes screwed.

If that is the case, i find it hard to believe someone around her didnt know they were banned, been enough incidents in the past.. hell shes been hanging out with Cowboy, he knows all about them

It seems pretty explicit what she says, no need to 'read between the lines'. She took a diuretic and didn't know it was banned. She might have trained with cowboy once or twice but I doubt they talked about what PEDs to take, lol.

I can believe she took diuretics to help her make weight (she cuts a LOT of weight apparently) without knowing they were illegal - yeah that's pretty surprising (though she's still basically a small time athlete so it's not THAT surprising?), but maybe she just isn't that bright lol (see her last in-ring performance.....)

Ashlee Evans-Smith just came off a 1 yr ban for testing positive for a diuretic

Randa Markos eyes return at UFC Ottawa
"would love to fight Bec Rawlings"

proxy.jpg

You've been expected here:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/randa-markos-still-wants-to-fight-bec-rawlings.3211379/

V.V. Mei will definitely be her most experienced opponent to date, and no joke. However, has Lee ever competed at Atomweight before?

It's a Strawweight fight, One re-calibrated it's weightclasses to prevent weightcutting via dehydration. Fighters are weighing-in close to what they walk around at. That's why Askren is now considered a Middleweight.

It's a Strawweight fight, One re-calibrated it's weightclasses to prevent weightcutting via dehydration. Fighters are weighing-in close to what they walk around at. That's why Askren is now considered a Middleweight.

If know they enacted that rule, but renaming their weight classes is dumb.

edit: didnt check far enough back in the thread for news

Andrea Lee says a diuretic "just makes you pee more" but as Jessy Rose Clark points out they can also be used to help you flush banned substances out of your body.

Does anyone know what Elmose's reach is? I tried a quick google and can't find any info on it.

I know height and reach don't =auto win, but she's 5' 3" vs 5' 9" Germaine who has a 71" reach.
I messaged Panda on her Facebook and she said she never measured her reach and the UFC will do it [prior to the fight].

Andrea Lee says a diuretic "just makes you pee more" but as Jessy Rose Clark points out they can also be used to help you flush banned substances out of your body.
Even if all they did was make you lose water weight they likely still be banned in sports with weigh ins due to the health risks of using them for extreme weight cutting. Draining yourself completely is bad enough, but either spiking your potassium levels (spironolactone) or depleting them (furosemide and hydrochlorothiazide) at the same time is likely a lot worse.

I messaged Panda on her Facebook and she said she never measured her reach and the UFC will do it [prior to the fight].
TY, awesome of you to that! Will be interesting to see what her reach is and how the fight unfolds.

Coenen vs Budd title fight is official for Bellator 155... headlining the prelims.

Coenen vs Budd title fight is official for Bellator 155... headlining the prelims.
So disappointed by this, Coenen is a former Strikeforce Champion, a long time pioneer of WMMA, and the #2 fighter at 145. She deserves the main card at least!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back