Official War Room Awards 2020: A Back Alley Love Story

Blows my mind they can’t nail a new terminator movie. Or Aliens, predator etc. It’s almost like somebody lost a bet among the higher up Hollywood types and it’s a running joke for those 3 series to pump out crap for us.

The much worse problem is that they even see the need to milk franchises to no end even if the respective universes do not provide the depth. I believe many good movies/series do not get made because of the risk aversion of studios.

It was just that, speculation. It didn't need all the exposition, it made it less scary and less interesting. Some writers/directors really know how to fuck up their own material.

True, but the Alien being a potential biological weapon was key to one of the main themes, the corporate psychopathy of Wayland-Yutani and the extent of it's worker exploitation.

It was just that, speculation. It didn't need all the exposition, it made it less scary and less interesting. Some writers/directors really know how to fuck up their own material.
Most writers and directors can't keep up with James Cameron. The ones he was involved with were great. At some point sequels are just economic equations and a matter of producing it cheaply enough.

True, but the Alien being a potential biological weapon was key to one of the main themes, the corporate psychopathy of Wayland-Yutani and the extent of it's worker exploitation.
Paul Reiser was the corporate face in the movie and IIRC he mentioned in an interview how he took his mother to the premiere. He said that by the end even she cheered along with the audience when his character was killed by an alien.

Paul Reiser was the corporate face in the movie and IIRC he mentioned in an interview how he took his mother to the premiere. He said that by the end even she cheered along with the audience when his character was killed by an alien.

Isn't that the director's cut though (and Aliens not Alien)?

Edit: No, they didn't show him actually getting killed in the main release (strongly implied he's killed by an Alien). In the director's cut he's becoming an "egg" and Ripley hands him a grenade.

Isn't that the director's cut though (and Aliens not Alien)?

Edit: No, they didn't show him actually getting killed in the main release (strongly implied he's killed by an Alien). In the director's cut he's becoming an "egg" and Ripley hands him a grenade.
This would have been the theatrical release. He tried to sneak off and abandon the crew but walked right into an alien.

Don't ever call me a dork. I got banned from the dorkist discord for not being a dork. Limbo is not a kan, he's been at this since way back when and he's a made man and vouched for. He's played you like a fiddle, a violin multiple times. I bet he get's you for a third time soon. 3 times, a hatchrick coming up soon. It's all BaBies.

Published writer? The only thing puBlished by you is this self ownage face Boy. That face didn't develop properly Bkause you are a defect.

You got banned for being a fake gimmick.

You got banned for being a fake gimmick.

Took you long enough to find that post lol. I played you at least twice for that discord. You banned my boy originally and from there you should have realized what was up.

Took you long enough to find that post lol. I played you at least twice for that discord. You banned my boy originally and from there you should have realized what was up.

Good job. You spend your whole life online playing a fake character.

You got me

Might have to reopen the awards for a new category.

Must pathetic post of the year lol

Of what? A bunch of guys hanging out chatting while you sat alone in your basement suite apartment cry laughing about how you'd fooled us all into being nice to you?

Who are you sucking up to this time? The guys in the lounge all hate you.

You trying to win their friendship by showing what a bad friend you were to the people dumb enough to trust you the last time?

Sounds like a good plan. Not mentally ill or autistic at all...

We all knew you were a weirdo. We all talked about it in the private chats you weren't invited to.

We felt sorry for you.

Truly, truly pathetic
Just a straight up loser
I bet he works at a gas station irl

Not cool, man. My sister worked at a gas station in college (got robbed at gunpoint twice). She's really brilliant (lawyer now, but took her a while to find a path). Nothing shameful about working that kind of job, IMO.

Back