Official UFN 85 Thread - Brisbane - Hunto vs Murrrr

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Ham in this fight. She will give up size but will be MUCH quicker and technical on the feet than Rawlings. She was countering pretty much every leg kick that Casey threw. Rawlings likes the leg kick too, but she throws it slow and a bit telegraphed. Ham is gonna close the distance and connect. Cardio should be about equal, they can both put up a good pace in the 3rd round. My concern is that i dont know how good Hams TDD is. Casey didn't test it in their fight, they did clinch a couple of times and Ham reversed Casey and got the better of the clinch exchanges, not by much but still impressive considering the size disadvantage.

I like Ham, but I'm not sure about this fight. I'd expect Rawlings to look to take this down to the mat. Thoughts?

^^^I also like Ham but the price is not right. Could end up being close. Plan on small stabbing Bec by dec

Indeed, I have been big on Case thus far in his UFC career, but I don't particularly like this matchup for him. Also, there has been some discussion of a significant length advantage for Case (not sure if this is being mentioned in regards to the way in which he fights or because of actual numbers), but Matthews' reach is 72" and Case 72.5". This site has Case's height listed at 6'1" but the UFC stats have him at 5'10" and Matthews 5'9" so I'm not exactly buying the significant length advantage for Case.

I do agree with others that have stated this could certainly be a tight, 3 round grappling contest that goes to decision. If the bout plays out as such, I favor Matthews to win a decision in Australia.
francisco-trevino-johnny-case-ufc-188.jpg

trevino is like 5'10, case is 6' at least

20151106035914_IMG_7482.JPG

cabral is 6' (and to triple check, i looked at cabral-cummings.. they were same size, cummings is 6', too)

Does anyone see any value in Kelly? Can anyone explain why he is a huge underdog? I wasn't impressed with Carlos Jr's record.

Does anyone see any value in Kelly? Can anyone explain why he is a huge underdog? I wasn't impressed with Carlos Jr's record.
I don't see any value. Infighting in the clinch is the only place he has any sort of shot. Hes gonna handily lose at kicking range, and on the mat hes likely to get subbed.

I don't see any value. Infighting in the clinch is the only place he has any sort of shot. Hes gonna handily lose at kicking range, and on the mat hes likely to get subbed.

I'd actually expect him to lose handily in the clinch. That's shoeface's path to victory, in all likelihood: grinding it out.

I'd actually expect him to lose handily in the clinch. That's shoeface's path to victory, in all likelihood: grinding it out.
I expect this to be completely one sided everywhere, just saying if there is anywhere he has any sort of shot its the place where his bread and butter lies and thats in the clinch.

Re posting this in here I think the 196 threads are dead lol

Was just listening to "the church of what's happening now" and I guess Denny prokopos (10p black belt/teacher) hit a Diaz/Tate parlay @ ~ +1500 for $500!! Plus $1000 on Diaz

Came away with $10k +

I expect this to be completely one sided everywhere, just saying if there is anywhere he has any sort of shot its the place where his bread and butter lies and thats in the clinch.

Meh IDK. Yeah Carolos Jr **should** win, but nobody is actually thinking of playing him at these odds are they? He's better, he should win, I get it. Kelly is borderline UFC material imo but if forced I'd rather take a tiny stab with him at +400 than lay disgusting juice on Carlos Jr at -500.

Meh IDK. Yeah Carolos Jr **should** win, but nobody is actually thinking of playing him at these odds are they? He's better, he should win, I get it. Kelly is borderline UFC material imo but if forced I'd rather take a tiny stab with him at +400 than lay disgusting juice on Carlos Jr at -500.
I put him in a small parlay w the overs for Ham and Case fights. Only action for me besides Magny so far

Not sure I'd stab Kelly at any price lol

shoeface is justified 5:1 favorite. one of those fights where.. don't just look at records, etc... shoeface is a *monstrous* 185.. has great bjj and damned dangerous on the feet. younger, longer, quicker than kelly.

kelly's snagged some nice wins but those guys are not on shoeface' level

I think Hunto KO Mir Round 1, Mir has trouble with power punchers in the past like JDS & Shane Carwin for example. Providing Hunt has his TDD up to par he should put Mir away, Hunt's striking is way better than Mir's wrestling.

If it somehow it gets to the ground then Mir can win it unless he pulls guard on Hunt or pulls a Kongo and surprise Hunt with knockdown/sub.

I think Hunto KO Mir Round 1, Mir has trouble with power punchers in the past like JDS & Shane Carwin for example. Providing Hunt has his TDD up to par he should put Mir away, Hunt's striking is way better than Mir's wrestling.

If it somehow it gets to the ground then Mir can win it unless he pulls guard on Hunt or pulls a Kongo and surprise Hunt with knockdown/sub.

I don't think Mir will be having any of Hunt's stand up, perhaps a cage press heavy game? I need to rewatch tape on them, and see how Hunt turns up, but he hasn't been looking in the best condition in videos I've seen in the past few weeks, and that worries me a little.

Watch one of Kellys fights, and you should have your answer.

Seriously though, I actually like betting Kelly as a big dog usually, as he can grind victories out against the lower level comp, but he's going to get utterly destroyed here.

Like a Loin against Gazelle with knee problems.. it's going to be ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back