Official UFN 74 Betting Thread - Post Your Bets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Silva r1 and Magny SU is right way to play it.

sort of echoing that, silva is 6-4 in the ufc. all 6 wins were rd 1 stoppages. in fact, 7-3 if you count the DQ loss as a rd 1 TKO, which it probably was going to be.

What do you guys mean with hedge by? like magny decision and silva r1?? is that bad or good? examples?

What do you guys mean with hedge by? like magny decision and silva r1?? is that bad or good? examples?

Hedging is basically a way to reduce your risk or exposure.

What Sham suggested for example is betting Magny straight up (to win the fight) but then also make a bet on Silva to win in r1.

In this example we are expecting Magny to win but just in case Silva gets a round 1 KO the amount we lose is reduced.

bm just opened (matched, basically) all odds that 5d has for mma

Hot damn that footwork man. This is what I'm talking about, the two devastating beatings that Barao has taken from from TJ has probably made him "damaged goods" for his move to 145 at this point as mentioned by Cormier in this video (or you can be an idiot and argue that point). Cutting all that weight worked against him as the size advantage didn't help him against TJ, it just made him gas harder and take more damage. Even Aldo wants him to move up.

On another note, I think OSP would benefit from moving to train at Bang Muay Thai. His current style is a poor man's version of what Bang's trying to do out there in Denver

looks like JDS is moving to ATT for his next camp

Like you said Pearsons chin is a concern but lets remember he arguably beat Barboza.

That was 4 years ago. A lot's changed since then. Do you think Pearson would beat the Barboza that beat Felder? Pearson was at his best against Barboza, but now, he's taken some beatings and Felder is powerful.

NFL FUTURES

I really can't wait for the NFL season to start. It's been too long. I think this bet is a steal. There are too many question marks with the other teams in the division.

Carolina Panthers to win the NFC South +115

Hot damn that footwork man. This is what I'm talking about, the two devastating beatings that Barao has taken from from TJ has probably made him "damaged goods" for his move to 145 at this point as mentioned by Cormier in this video (or you can be an idiot and argue that point). Cutting all that weight worked against him as the size advantage didn't help him against TJ, it just made him gas harder and take more damage. Even Aldo wants him to move up.

On another note, I think OSP would benefit from moving to train at Bang Muay Thai. His current style is a poor man's version of what Bang's trying to do out there in Denver

giphy.gif

Hot damn that was an azz whooping. I foolishly had a decent amount of $ on Renan.

Fair enough and agreed it was a while ago and in irregular circumstances but never the less he was KO'd. TUF seems to be an odd situation for some guys and they end up under performing but regardless he did get his lights put out there and chin is something you don't really train all too much.

Either way Silva throws dynamite and if he connects it will not be good for Magny (or anyone). I just think he's got a better chance to win ITD against Magny than Story (whom I gave Silva only a minor chance against comparatively)

Magny did very well but at the same time Lim did equally as poorly in that situation going for those freaking knees every time.

Silva himself ain't no Dom Cruz when it comes to fight iq but I would expect Silva to get the finish IF he gets the same opportunity.

A very big reason why Magny have done well lately is his fight iq. I don't think he is particularly good in any area but he exploits his opponents weaknesses well. It's a tough fight to call.

Its possible silva does land something big against magny but just from seeing the tape I watched, silva tends to set up his body kicks and or getting the better of the clinches and scrambles, reckon magny has the speed and footwork to reduce this.

I also have a hunch magny wants that W back we may see an aggressive magny, but yeah agree he ain't the best in one skill but knows a good strategy and fight iq while fighting.

tons of props went up on 5d

liking twood dec +405

PVZ ITD -125 prolly good, too, it prolly gets steamed way up (and i think she breaks chambers, anyway)

hell, i kinda like AA-mir DEC +400, too

Can Burkman hit a sub on Cote before 2.5 rounds? Opinions please?

meh. I think this is as likely as any other outcome. It is not like Burkman is a submission pro and Cote is clueless on the ground.

Either guy could get a KO or sub early, however Cote specifically has a reserved style of fighting when compared to some fighters that come swinging out the gate.

EDIT: thanks EZ i hit PVZ ITD line... that won't last!

Last edited:
Wade vs Mercier

Having watched tape on both guys, both are very well rounded guys mercier is a strong muscular guy with strong grappling and excellent submission game coming in, basic striking used to set up his clinches and grappling to get the fight to the mat.

Wade a better kicking game (has kickboxing in his background) I think in striking he does similar with his striking set ups however he has in general more cardio and a better volume of strikes backed with decent wrestling and a good jiu jitsu game also.

I reckon Wade mixes things up just a bit more better at this point should have better cardio to help him out of bad spots while merciers muscles and big frame will gas more in r2,r3, wades has 70% decision wins also. When Mercier met top fighters recently he went deep into r3, and split decision against chad laprise (10-0 record).

I like the over 1.5 and 2.5 best, wade decision or su props.

Either guy could get a KO or sub early

Neither one has been KO'd and both are known for their strong chins. Burkman took big shots from Lombard throughout their fight. Extremely unlikely this fight ends by KO but if I had to choose who's more likely to win by KO, I'd say Burkman. Cote's a little beaten up now and was dropped pretty hard by Thompson.

Wade vs Mercier

Having watched tape on both guys, both are very well rounded guys mercier is a strong muscular guy with strong grappling and excellent submission game coming in, basic striking used to set up his clinches and grappling to get the fight to the mat.

Wade a better kicking game (has kickboxing in his background) I think in striking he does similar with his striking set ups however he has in general more cardio and a better volume of strikes backed with decent wrestling and a good jiu jitsu game also.

I reckon Wade mixes things up just a bit more better at this point should have better cardio to help him out of bad spots while merciers muscles and big frame will gas more in r2,r3, wades has 70% decision wins also. When Mercier met top fighters recently he went deep into r3, and split decision against chad laprise (10-0 record).

I like the over 1.5 and 2.5 best, wade decision or su props.
I think Tony Sims is replacing Wade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back