Official UFN 73 Betting Thread - Post Your Bets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone explain the 'no scorecards' thing to me and others who are confused by it?

Your bet gets "pushed" (canceled) if the fight reaches the scorecards

So if I bet on OSP [no scorecards] I would get paid if OSP finished, I'd lose if Glover finished, and the bet would be void if either won a decision?

Am I understanding that right? Would that also cover Disqualifications?

yes. you're betting on fighter A to finish fighter B and you only lose if fighter B finishs fighter A

A loss is if the opposing fighter finishes then? ok Thank you!

How big of a dog would Gadelha be in a rematch with JJ?

A loss is if the opposing fighter finishes then? ok Thank you!
Yup, you got it.

I thought of another scenario where the bet would lose which obviously involves the scorecards, just not a normal decision. It would be if it is in the 3rd round of a 3 round fight or the 3rd+ or 4th+ round (not sure) of a 5 round fight, and a foul occurs (eye poke/nut shot) where the receiving fighter cannot continue and instead of a no contest, they go to the scorecards for a technical decision

Can someone please help me with a 5D question? I am trying to make a deposit, but since I haven't made a deposit in some time my Checking account that I had verified closed from having no activity and cannot be reopened. So I pinged Tech Support with 5Dimes and they said I can use any Debit or Credit card with no issue, and that at the time of withdrawing, I would have to re-verify the new card(s) used for deposit(s).

Okay, that's fair. Now I went to deposit using my second Debit card, but I got a message about "PROCESSING" instead of the usual approve. When I messaged Support again, they said that the bank declined the payment and I'd have to call them and tell them I am trying to make an overseas / out of country payment. I tried with a card from another provider and received the same message.

If this true? Do I have to call my bank and ask about this? Seems kind of sketchy, and I didn't want to raise any red flags. I may want to just close my 5D account and go elsewhere, but is this the process for all online sites? So many hoops to jump thru, oy.

Any help would be immensely appreciated.

Can someone please help me with a 5D question? I am trying to make a deposit, but since I haven't made a deposit in some time my Checking account that I had verified closed from having no activity and cannot be reopened. So I pinged Tech Support with 5Dimes and they said I can use any Debit or Credit card with no issue, and that at the time of withdrawing, I would have to re-verify the new card(s) used for deposit(s).

Okay, that's fair. Now I went to deposit using my second Debit card, but I got a message about "PROCESSING" instead of the usual approve. When I messaged Support again, they said that the bank declined the payment and I'd have to call them and tell them I am trying to make an overseas / out of country payment. I tried with a card from another provider and received the same message.

If this true? Do I have to call my bank and ask about this? Seems kind of sketchy, and I didn't want to raise any red flags. I may want to just close my 5D account and go elsewhere, but is this the process for all online sites? So many hoops to jump thru, oy.

Any help would be immensely appreciated.
That hasn't happened to me with 5d, but it has happened to me with BetOnline before. I just waited a few weeks and tried again and it worked

Alvey has a pretty good chin and has never been stopped by KO/TKO. He's also only been finished once by SUB, which was a guillotine 5 years ago. I think Brunson will be aware of Alvey's power and prefer to grind the fight out.

I think the best way to play the fight is Brunson ML or DEC hedged by Alvey KO/TKO. It would suck if Alvey got a DEC, but he can be really inactive at times, so I think that would rarely happen

Got me biting my nails over this lol gotta just hope Brunson is the levels above Alvey that i'm expecting

Got me biting my nails over this lol gotta just hope Brunson is the levels above Alvey that i'm expecting
I don't think it's a bad bet or anything. There's probably some value to it. I just wouldn't go too big on it. If you can get Brunson DEC at a nice price (+100 or better), I'd consider hedging a little with that. It opened on 5D at +115 and fell to -105. You'd obviously lose both if a finish happened past 2.5 rounds, though

So yeah I'm telling you guys, 5dimes has my account marked "Red Alert" because everything I touch, they always freeze it and readjust their line.
5Dimes reduced my max play on all MMA props to $50.

That Jonathan Wilson has done some serious can-crushing as far as I can tell form his record.

I don't think it's a bad bet or anything. There's probably some value to it. I just wouldn't go too big on it. If you can get Brunson DEC at a nice price (+100 or better, I'd consider hedging a little with that. It opened on 5D at +115 and fell to -105. You'd obviously lose both if a finish happened past 2.5 rounds, though

I didn't go too big but I didn't go too small lol should've waited til tomorrow to rewatch tape but that line has already dropped and I remember Alvey almost getting finished by Dylan Andrews. Plus I think Brunson has top 10 potential and is overlooked in this division a bit.

That Jonathan Wilson has done some serious can-crushing as far as I can tell form his record.
Most of the can crushing came in Gladiator's Challange and Xplode which are 2 of the canniest orgs out there, to boot

EDIT: FWIW, Dempsey is moving back up to LHW and it looks like Wilson used to fight at HW

Last edited:
Love dogs Dariush and OSP... Big on boths.

I didn't go too big but I didn't go too small lol should've waited til tomorrow to rewatch tape but that line has already dropped and I remember Alvey almost getting finished by Dylan Andrews. Plus I think Brunson has top 10 potential and is overlooked in this division a bit.
I just think Brunson will take more of a grindish approach this fight. Not completely sure, and I'm not doubting his ability to finish Alvey, or anything, but that's my take. I'm sure others in here have different opinions on the fight.

Brunson is too good for Alvey. Alvey's a funny guy but i think some people are getting ahead of themselves thinking Alvey has much of a chance. FFS he got beaten by Watson and altho hes won his last three he was losing to Andrews and Mutante. I assume Andrews is no longer with the UFC, Mutanate has the worst chin in the UFC ever and Kelly is not UFC calibre.

Brunson is a beast with power in his hands a deadly left high kick and awesome wrestling. He was 2 rounds up against the beast that is Romero. He held his own on the feet with Romero until he gassed too. He wrestlefucked Lorenz as well who has good tdd so i cant see how he wont ragdoll Alvey. Alvey has good timing but on the feet i see Brunson winning there too. Alvey is a punch bag who waits to time his shots Watson and Mutante were all over him standing before he eventually timed a big shot. Brunson is far more athletic rangy and faster than them so i dont see him catching Brunson.

Brunson is great parlay fodder and you can hedge with Alvey KO as that is the only way he wins but i wont be bothering i think -300 is a great line i really thought he would be a bigger favourite.

I just think Brunson will take more of a grindish approach this fight. Not completely sure, and I'm not doubting his ability to finish Alvey, or anything, but that's my take. I'm sure others in here have different opinions on the fight.

Brunson is very reactionary in his approach. He's all about his feints and fakes. He takes what you give him. He landed a body kick on Herman and he followed up with another one but this time feinted it and Ed Herman flinched so he went over the top with a left hand.

Against Yoel he was blasting doubles and getting takedowns. I forget which round it was, but after he had Yoel reacting to his shots, he faked the shot and went over the top with a high kick and almost took his head off.

Combined with Derek's ridiculous athleticism, he's able to pull off some these explosive attacks. So what will Alvey give him? That's what you ask yourself.

I will look to play his -3.5 line (I'm expecting to be -150ish?) because I don't see Alvey winning rounds. If Alvey were to win I think it would have to be a 3rd round KO if Brunson gets sloppy with his explosive movements.

5Dimes reduced my max play on all MMA props to $50.

damn you got it bad. i want to stick with 5dimes i hope they dont do this to me

Gates vs Dustin

I watched tape on both guys this is a tricky fight to predict, gates hates clinches, grappling and people trying to take him down I think his ground game is perhaps a bit lacking or weak..... and that plays into dustin's main style and strengths however gates does have good speed and footwork with nice long jabs so he becomes an interesting dog if dustin can't close the gap and get the fight to the mat.

I like the idea of gates having a stronger and better r1, but think ortiz will take over r2,r3 to clinch a decision. The over 1.5 or 2.5 and decision props maybe worth considering, dustin sub props in r2,r3 maybe worth a stab.

Brunson is great parlay fodder and you can hedge with Alvey KO as that is the only way he wins but i wont be bothering i think -300 is a great line i really thought he would be a bigger favourite.

I will look to play his -3.5 line (I'm expecting to be -150ish?) because I don't see Alvey winning rounds. If Alvey were to win I think it would have to be a 3rd round KO if Brunson gets sloppy with his explosive movements.

Same thoughts alvey times guys but waiting for that one kill shot is osps job :icon_chee besides brunson will most likely mix in his striking with his take downs and top control, I like the former cheerleader to clinch a decision or sam ko prop, will check sam ko r2,r3 prop also.

Watched a couple videos of Sirwan Kakai.
I'll bulletpoint what I like and disliked.

Liked:
  • Has good movement.
  • Strong legkicks.
  • Power in his hands.
  • Decent TDD.
  • Good wrestling.
  • Good cardio.

Disliked:
  • Doesn't move his head of the centreline when throwing strikes. Has minimal head movement. This meant that he kept getting tagged a lot.
  • Leaves himself open to counter attacks when he throws.

He can take hits but its because of the lack of head movement. Seems like a good bet but in some of the videos I've watched he was wobbled early on against less than UFC caliber fighters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back