Official UFN 73 Betting Thread - Post Your Bets!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oblivian

Aging
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Same drill as always - post your bets, discuss bets/matchups, and other sports in spoilers.

Singles
Dariush: $7.50 to win $10.13
Watson: $5 to win $7
Hall/Bamgbose: $5 to win $2.22
Kakai: $3.75 to win $4.50
McMann/Nunes ITD: $3.75 to win $3.57
Rosholt/Johnson ITD: $3.75 to win $2.34
Alvey (+3.5): $2.50 to win $4.13
Not Holtzman ITD: $2.50 to win $2.88
Salazar: $2.50 to win $2.75
Dempsey: $1.25 to win $1.88
Poppie: $1.25 to win $2.06

Risk of $38.75

Parlays
Borg + Ortiz: $15 to win $7.70
Field over Spieth (Bridestone) + OSP/Tex ITD: $6.25 to win $2.57
Porter + Field over Furyk (Bridgestone): $1.25 to win $1.53

Risk of $22.50

TOTAL RISK OF $61.25

TOTALS FOR 2015: Initial Risk was $95, Running total is $146.08 Running Profit: $51.08 Approximate ROI for year 1.653%)
TOTALS FOR 2014: Initial Risk was $127.50 Running Total is $148.35 Running Profit = $20.85 (Approximate ROI for year 0.74%)
TOTALS FOR 2013: Initial Risk was $232.50, Running total is $583.75 Running Profit = $351.25 (Approximate ROI for year: 9.34%)
TOTALS FOR 2012: Initial Risk was $275, Running Total is $1030.18 Running Profit = $755.18 (Approximate ROI for year: 15.56%)
TOTALS FOR 2011: Initial Risk was $44, Running Total $1271.39 Running Profit = $1227.39 (Approximate ROI for year: 27%)
TOTALS FOR 2010: Initial Risk was $29, Running Total $225.92 Running Profit = $196.92 (Approximate ROI for year: 13%)
GRAND TOTAL FOR 2010 THROUGH 2014: $29 into $2606.61 Total Profit = $2577.61 (Approximate ROI: 12.9489%)

Last edited:
I was impressed by Willie Gates last performance and he's pretty big underdog

What ypu guys think about him vs. Ortiz ?

to the dude trying to put it from a perspectiveof palhares not being a brainless twit. do your research, look at his grappling track record for instance.

look at his galvao match and how many times he managed to punch him (yes punch) in the back of the head at adcc. and he raked people in the eyes there aswell.

dude's a cheater in every way of the word.

I was impressed by Willie Gates last performance and he's pretty big underdog

What ypu guys think about him vs. Ortiz ?

Ortiz is a hell of a fighter, and he's finally proven it. He beat Borg who is a great fighter and Scoggins who has looked solid, and his only loss should be to Benavidez (robbed vs. Moraga - all pbp had it for Ortiz). He's never been finished despite fighting finishers. He's fighting someone who thrives on getting his wins via finish. Gates hasn't won a decision in over 10 fights. It's just going to be a rough route to victory for him.

to the dude trying to put it from a perspectiveof palhares not being a brainless twit. do your research, look at his grappling track record for instance.

look at his galvao match and how many times he managed to punch him (yes punch) in the back of the head at adcc. and he raked people in the eyes there aswell.

dude's a cheater in every way of the word.

When you look at Shields face afterwards and rewatch looking for the eye pokes/scrapes, it's pretty brutal. There is a good chance that completely changes the complexion of the fight. You get angry, worried, feel cheated, etc. which makes you completely lose focus and composure. It can also tax you completely. Palhares got the sub, but I feel it was a win that deserves an asterick. The fact is that he was clearly losing up until the eye incident.

I love watching Palhares fight because of how exciting it can be, but he deserves to be banned or suspended for a long time.

Ortiz is a hell of a fighter, and he's finally proven it. He beat Borg who is a great fighter and Scoggins who has looked solid, and his only loss should be to Benavidez (robbed vs. Moraga - all pbp had it for Ortiz). He's never been finished despite fighting finishers. He's fighting someone who thrives on getting his wins via finish. Gates hasn't won a decision in over 10 fights. It's just going to be a rough route to victory for him.

Thank you :icon_excl

When you look at Shields face afterwards and rewatch looking for the eye pokes/scrapes, it's pretty brutal. There is a good chance that completely changes the complexion of the fight. You get angry, worried, feel cheated, etc. which makes you completely lose focus and composure. It can also tax you completely. Palhares got the sub, but I feel it was a win that deserves an asterick. The fact is that he was clearly losing up until the eye incident.

I love watching Palhares fight because of how exciting it can be, but he deserves to be banned or suspended for a long time.

galvao said paul harris is the only guy he's ever grappled with that he's actually wanted to hurt. i think it's extremely irresponsible for any organization to employ him at all. he will never learn, so let him go fight in brazil, and have him injure the wrong guy and have him found in a dumpster somewhere.

that's the closest thing he'll ever come to learning anyways.

Shields was probably like "fuck it, I don't care anymore, not worth risking my health". He lost me a couple units though. Bittchass.

Gates vs Ortiz could be a close fight. I most certainly wouldn't play ortiz at these odds.

I seriously hate this card for betting though.

It should be a DQ win for Shields. People complain about unintentional shots changing the trajectory of fights all the time (and those arguments aren't meritless, fighters need to demonstrate some amount of restraint). Palhares willingly raked Jake's eyes multiple times. It's a really great defense to being mounted, and we might've seen a completely different fight if Rousimar didn't fight like it was a fully available technique.

Rousimar should be suspended for a year at least. There's no argument for those eye gouges being incidental, and it's a more dangerous offense than steroids.

Last edited:
Saenz -150, liking it quite a bit.

Guy is so sound, I think he controls the whole fight. Should be able to take kakai down.

Studying McMann/Nunes now. Nunes' aggression can get her taken down. For what it's worth, Nunes was able to take Zingano down who did wrestling before taking up BJJ. I'd like to think Nunes can't get a women's credentialed McMann down. If Nunes does get McMann down, I'm concerned if McMann can scramble out ad she's shown she can be controlled by Tate. Tough fight to break down and it all comes down to if McMann can land the takedown or not.

$100 on OSP 5 round decision at +900.

Glover is old, his window is closing, OSP is on the rise. Glover is hard to finish but he is beatable. Will hedge with GT itd or ko but think OSP takes this fight one way or another.

Going to be really hard to bet on Mcmann after that Tate fight.

$100 on OSP 5 round decision at +900.

Glover is old, his window is closing, OSP is on the rise. Glover is hard to finish but he is beatable. Will hedge with GT itd or ko but think OSP takes this fight one way or another.

I don't think Glover's chin is great. We've seen him wobbly vs Bader and Fabio and OSP has big time power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back