Official UFN 59 Betting Thread - Post Your Bets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charles Rosa vs. Sean Soriano (LOOOONG B/D)

If his UFC fight was the only MMA action you've watched of Charles Rosa (9-1), don't let the Dennis Siver fight fool you. Rosa took that fight on just a weeks notice cutting 30 lbs in 5 days to make weight. Still yet, even with all of the hurdles, Rosa was able to make it a competitive fight against a top 10 FW -- in his octagon debut no less. Rosa is a three tool fighter with the drive and perseverance to be a true threat for a long time in the FW division. His accolades include being a Rhode Island state wrestling champion, the Florida Muay-Thai amateur champion, and with a brown belt under Ricardo Liborio he has top notch BJJ ability.

Ironically though, to be a striker at his base, Rosa's stand-up skills are the weakest part of his game. Still yet, the 28 year old Bostonian has power and is able to put his opponents lights out with either hand. As you can see in the gif below, Rosa does have exceptionally quick hands and if he hurts his guy he'll swarm on them.

rosaswarm.gif
What's more, to be so young, the kid is well traveled and makes the point to train with the very best coaches and sparring partners he can find. Stylistically, Rosa is very fluid, mixes his stances, from orthodox to southpaw, both squared like a boxer and sideways like a TKD fighter -- this comes from his training with various different strikers and then implementing a bit of each into his own repertoire.

Specifically, he trains at ATT where he has myriad high level training partners and his chief sparring sidekick is former Bellator lightweight champion Daniel Straus. Additionally, for years, the knowledge thirsty Rosa has sought out the best combat instructors on the planet not named Sensei Seagal. Namely, Rosa has spent copious hours with "Jazzy" Jeff Mayweather learning the sweet science of boxing and time in South Carolina where he ate mayonnaise from a jar while watching reruns of

Well he is fighting in ireland

Mini-Ireland*

Charles Rosa vs. Sean Soriano (LOOOONG B/D)

If his UFC fight was the only MMA action you've watched of Charles Rosa (9-1), don't let the Dennis Siver fight fool you. Rosa took that fight on just a weeks notice cutting 30 lbs in 5 days to make weight. Still yet, even with all of the hurdles, Rosa was able to make it a competitive fight against a top 10 FW -- in his octagon debut no less. Rosa is a three tool fighter with the drive and perseverance to be a true threat for a long time in the FW division. His accolades include being a Rhode Island state wrestling champion, the Florida Muay-Thai amateur champion, and with a brown belt under Ricardo Liborio he has top notch BJJ ability.

Ironically though, to be a striker at his base, Rosa's stand-up skills are the weakest part of his game. Still yet, the 28 year old Bostonian has power and is able to put his opponents lights out with either hand. As you can see in the gif below, Rosa does have exceptionally quick hands and if he hurts his guy he'll swarm on them.

rosaswarm.gif
What's more, to be so young, the kid is well traveled and makes the point to train with the very best coaches and sparring partners he can find. Stylistically, Rosa is very fluid, mixes his stances, from orthodox to southpaw, both squared like a boxer and sideways like a TKD fighter -- this comes from his training with various different strikers and then implementing a bit of each into his own repertoire.

Specifically, he trains at ATT where he has myriad high level training partners and his chief sparring sidekick is former Bellator lightweight champion Daniel Straus. Additionally, for years, the knowledge thirsty Rosa has sought out the best combat instructors on the planet not named Sensei Seagal. Namely, Rosa has spent copious hours with "Jazzy" Jeff Mayweather learning the sweet science of boxing and time in South Carolina where he ate mayonnaise from a jar while watching reruns of

Last edited:
boxing

Not crazy about it by any means, but see a little value in Monroe Jr itd at +483 over Brian Vera. Monroe isn't a ko artist by any means (only 6ko's in 18 wins), and it's only 10rds, but I think Vera's damaged goods at this point in his career.

So many beatings he's taken, had to sprinkle something tiny on Monroe to finish at that price. Even with his horrid ko %, he can get aggressive and possibly stop a guy who has so much wear and tear like Vera.

against ya on 2 of them. i'm on pitbull, gonz, georgi (and tiny on houston, but not liking that much)

BOL EZ & Guys .. I'm busy, but am n ..

Stauss, Virgil, Georgi, & Z

BOL Fellas!!!!!!!!!!

LOL locked in: McGregor by sub. $1 to win $20.25... b/c why the fuck not

mcgregor sub over 20:1...

I could see Conor dropping Siver and having the possibility of choking him... but I really feel Conor wants that TKO-KO victory so I dont think he is even thinking of that.

That is why I think is crazy that Conor was -400 at KO-TKO and like -1100 FTW when I bet on him.

I'm on bubba and marius tonight, skipping the houston fight

I'm going to go ahead and start a new thread. Avoid any long posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back